sigma ute

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
76gdwagon

Re: E.F.I sigma ute

Post by 76gdwagon »

only the passanger side does drivers one is fucked

ute is running now and fuel injected
does any body know how long it will take for the ecu to reset its self????
wa5

Re: sigma ute

Post by wa5 »

I was just wondering if the kicked up sectoin of the door skin fouled the glass... but they would swing the other way.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

i so so want one of these haha
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Haha awesome idea, need more photos please! I considered for a while fitting an old L200 front to one of my GE Sigmas, just to be different, but never did it. There was also a metalic green GH Sigma wagon around the Keysborough/Dandenong area in Victoria with polished GSR pepperpots and a GH Scorpion front! I told the owner to join this forum about 4 years ago when I saw him and talked to him, but I guess he chickened out?

PS. if you post more photos of this ute and give me permission, I would like to do a quick feature of it for my Sigma blog!
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

hey bad sig ill post some soon its off the road atm but hope fully
not sure weather to just register the gk gsr or take engine out of that and put in ute while build my other one
kodos

Post by kodos »

Ute looks very cool mate, although kinda wierd to get your head around. love it cause its different. :thumpsup:
I am wondering is it wagon or sedan panels that fit? As in the wagz are a little narower wheel to wheel than the sedans
Needs GA or GB galant front cut to resurrect a GTO. Please help if you can :mrgreen:
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

Awesome! love it :thumpsup:
76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

thnks si81gma
i love it to but debating weather to sell it
76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

not sure kodos ill try fing out tho
A112H

Post by A112H »

This is my next project, I am thinking a GE front end, maybe Scorpion
kodos

Post by kodos »

By the look of the front blinkers I'd guess wagon but not sure
Needs GA or GB galant front cut to resurrect a GTO. Please help if you can :mrgreen:
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

you still thinking about selli ng this? how much do you have in mind?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

astonturbo77
make an offer and ill consider
its kinda i wanna sell it but the i look atit and i dont lol make a offer make
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

well im really after a good NEAT ute at the moment. i have no idea what its worth, how much did you pay for it? if you dont mind me asking?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

i paid 4500 unregoed had to spend 1500 on it to get rego
plus new engine plus i prob sell with efi
rob020

Post by rob020 »

i cream my daks everytime this comes through the drive through at work...
never noticed before though, is it still 6 stud?

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

thought that burger had a bit much mayo hahah jokes
yeah it still 6 stud
rob020

Post by rob020 »

hahaha, good call :)

ive got a GH im saving for my sigma ute project... ever thought about putting a sigma dash in this rig?? i never see sigma utes with the sigma dash or diff... i bet it still drives like a ute... lol
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

robo20
yeah still drives like a ute
na cant put sigma dash in it prob could but to much fucking around
some one buy this
A112H

Post by A112H »

Sorry to see it didn't sell mate. It is a tidy ute for the money
detroitcustom

Post by detroitcustom »

I always enjoy seeing cars that are individual..First Sigma ute I have seen and it looks awesome!
Reminds me of a BMW ute Stuart Appleby had made..must be a ute lover...good stuff
hashim

Post by hashim »

are the doors really the same. i have a sigma wagon but here in Trinidad the parts are very rear so i was thinking of looking to an l200 for doors... my front doors are stuffed
rob020

Post by rob020 »

they go on the same but the l200 has opening quarter glass and the sigma sweeps upwards at the front i think?

dont quote me though
ddt

Post by ddt »

love the siggy ute -what a great idea! though i reckon a GE front end could look even better.
I reckon the front end needs a bit of chrome to balance the shiny wheels and tray bits -like in this photochop.
then maybe some slightly smaller diameter wheels -for the front at least?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Rokinfreekapotamus

Post by Rokinfreekapotamus »

So, I realise the last post was many many moons ago.

But

An L200 has just come back into the family after a long departure, and I have this love of old Mitsus as do you all, but especially GE sigmas.

So my question to anyone that cares, or doesn't car but know the answers, is. Would it be possible to put the GE front end on?
Now i know that "anything is possible" but I'm talking about just a mere mortal that barely has enough free time to play with himself but is in dire need to get covered in grease and oil, and lose way too much skin, spend too much money and say four letter words too much.

any help would be much appreciated.

Luke
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hey Luke,
I could be wrong and will be corrected if so but I am 99% sure the L200's share doors and the bonnet with the Sigma so it really should be a case of changing guards, grill, front apron and bumper.
I would assume if you have a twin rectangle headlight model a GH Sigma would be a direct fit, if you have a twin round headlight then a GE would be the go.
As I said this is based on speculation and stuff I had read but I a fairly confident it is correct.
ddt

Post by ddt »

the panel creases at the top of the doors and guards are unique to the L200 and the window frames are also different to anything in the sigma family so bolting up a set of GE doors wont work.
The L200 above kept the L200 doors but used sigma door skins so the panel creases matched with the guards. If i remember correctly (reading on a different thread or different website), despite using sigma door skins, the guards weren't a straight bolt on affair either as the guards didn't meet up to the doors properly or something? So it all sounds like a lot of work, i think.

However, if you keep all the L200 panelwork the same, you may still be able to butcher a GE grill to suit and fit a GE bumper?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Rokinfreekapotamus

Post by Rokinfreekapotamus »

they both sound like a bit of work, but as you photo chopped, it would look pretty rad.
always loved GEs, and always loved this L200, so i thought combining them would be awesome.

even as it stands i like the way the L200s look, with a lot of low, bit of flaring of the guards and some dished rims like the ideas of "crazie wagon" it was a red GE wagon posted somewhere on the forums that looked awesome.
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

BAD-SIG wrote:Haha awesome idea, need more photos please! I considered for a while fitting an old L200 front to one of my GE Sigmas, just to be different, but never did it. There was also a metalic green GH Sigma wagon around the Keysborough/Dandenong area in Victoria with polished GSR pepperpots and a GH Scorpion front! I told the owner to join this forum about 4 years ago when I saw him and talked to him, but I guess he chickened out?

PS. if you post more photos of this ute and give me permission, I would like to do a quick feature of it for my Sigma blog!

That person you spoke to was me (about the green wagon with the PP's).....and i certainly didn't chicken out lol. I actually joined up just after that meeting under a different name but ended up losing my password and got distracted.......sadly i don't own that car anymore but i did end up keeping all the bits and pieces for a new 'scorpion wagon' :thumpsup:
Built with pride, Driven in anger