dvsfin's story/rides

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
dvsfin

Re: dvsfin's story/rides

Post by dvsfin »

well atm im having a bit of trouble with suppliers >_< i need some high temp grease and still waiting on my springs...but it seems everyone is on holidays...so theres not much i can do at the moment =( ...once the struts are in the car i will throw my scorp wheels on and take it to be engineered...then blue slip...then rego...and hopefully it all passes this time ;)
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

i got some high temp grease today...so i decided to put the bottom half of my struts together

i still need to clean the discs before i put the pads in...but i'll do that when they are on the car =D
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

looks great man
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

cheers =)
colta51

Post by colta51 »

good story man glad to see its all cumming together!
wish i still had my hardtop :(
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Well done man, looks great!!
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

thanks man =) i should have springs tomorrow or friday ^_^ i cant wait to put it back together
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

finally got my springs today...woot woot...but as soon as my friend rocked up with them...it starts pissing down rain...and hasnt stopped...i've put them back together...i just need to put them in now >_<

dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

alrighty quick update...i finally got my struts in...pictured here

then it took a week for anyone to take 5 minutes out of their busy busy days to help me bleed my brakes >_<
so all done and bled...scorpion 14 inch alloys fitted

time for a test drive...i knew the scorpion wheels overall diameter was larger...and i didnt think it would be a problem...but combined with the lowered springs...it turns out they rub on the guards when driving in the driveway and they also hit the firewall...reducing my turning circle >_<

so not wanting to waste money on new tyres for the scorpion wheels i decided its time to polish up my wherrits...and away i go...starting with 2...just for the front
this is the 2 i started with

with alot of pain and swearing...i sanded them with 120...then 340...then 1200 and got 1 to this stage

then out came the drill and a 8 dollar buffing head with some alloy polishing compound and pew pew

and thats 1 done...so far its taken me 3 days and 6 blisters to almost finish 2...spending a couple of hours after work...until the mossies come out and eat me...i should finish the other 1 tomorrow and get some tyres fitted...then all shall be shibby...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

They're not fun to polish are they?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

lolz...well being a perfectionist i...i sanded out every sratch on the rims ( except 2 dents in the outer rim llip...because i would have had to remove too much metal to get them out )...i couldnt finished alot earlier...but the result is all worth it...i havent seen the completed 1 in the daylight yet...but it was the worst rim out of the 5...so if it turns out good i will be stoked =D
camB

Post by camB »

No pressure or anything, but must be past due for an update here... :hit:
colta51

Post by colta51 »

:stupid: yea wat he said!
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

lolz sorry guys...i've just been really busy lately...had a promotion at work and been spending alot of my spare time with my new gf...so i havent really had much time to do anything...all thats left is the charcoal canister and exhaust flange gasket...and i dont know if my car will pass engineers cert with 15 inc wheels on the front and 13's on the back...does anyone know..?
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

well some good news...my car is FINALLY engineered and registered =D ...the amount of headaches i had along the way were enough to kill a mere mortal man...luckily i have superhuman love for my car :P ...lololz...every single person i had help me along the way tried to convince me to scrap the car lolz...fuck them guys...my coupe rocks
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

i need to polish up the other 3 turbo rims so i can put tyres on them...and put them on the car for the cruise >_< at the moment i have 2 turbo rims on the front and 2 scorpion alloys on the back...it looks ugly as >_< i just havent hadnt any free time lately :(
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

does anyone know where i can get my turbo rims done professionally...like fully sanded back and polished?
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

if you lived in vic i could give you the details of the guy that did my pepper pots but its bit far to ship wheels lol
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

dvsfin wrote:alrighty quick update...i finally got my struts in...pictured here

Looks great mate,
And you have the exact same rub mark on the rear side of your inner gaurd as me!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

DanTurboLancer wrote:Looks great mate,
And you have the exact same rub mark on the rear side of your inner gaurd as me!
And the same rub mark on the wagon too :thumpsup:

dvsfin wrote:does anyone know where i can get my turbo rims done professionally...like fully sanded back and polished?
How do these look? I just finished them on Thursday night.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

sold!! they look sweet as man...could you do them for me? if so how much?
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

dave's wheel polishing...... sounds good to me lol
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

pm sent.
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

OK, this update is quite overdue, but life is pretty hectic around here >_<

Firstly no, I did not end up getting the other wherrits polished as I was tossing up about aftermarket wheels since I had seen dean's white gd sedan. Also I have not purchased any aftermarket wheels yet as I am in the process of completing a 5 stud big brake conversion for the front and a hilux diff with falcon discs for the back ;) I am just waiting on parts to complete it so I can do it all at once.

I have a few ideas for wheels but I need to wait on the final offset before I purchase them

here is one idea

Also I have had some other plans in the works in the form of these beautiful pieces

vr4 4G63 and supra box giggity

and also this

luckily my dad can tune it =P

I also have some fuel system pieces which I do not have photo's of, though I am sure you all know what they look like. Bosch 044, carter lift pump, swirl pot, pressure reg, braided line and billet fuel rail.

I am also on the hunt for a larger turbo,cooler and some internals for the 4G63, the turbo motor will not be going in for a while as I do not have my full license yet, so I will be building up the engine while it is out of the car and just injecting the 4G54 that is currently in the car and coupling it with the supra 5 speed and hilux diff so it will all be ready for the next step once I have my full license.

Once the 2.6 is injected and running sweet I will be looking at upgrading to an alloy radiator and whatever other supporting systems I can, then hopefully I will be repairing all of the rust and doing another bare metal respray in maybe the same colour.

I hope you guys enjoy this update =D
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

do like. :thumpsup:
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

now your talkin...awsome buds :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yep, I enjoyed this update.
dvsfin wrote:I did not end up getting the other wherrits polished as I was tossing up about aftermarket wheels since I had seen dean's white gd sedan.
Ah, yes, Dean's GD. It's all about offset. Hopefully this will be the end of factory rim worship :think:
A good looking set of old style looking modern rims are the go.
BRING IT ON !!! (Upper case was intended :lol: )
Let's see what else members can come up with. I'm all for it. :thumpsup:

Dave...
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea :) the only problem is working out the the size and offset, which I can not do until I finish the 5 stud conversion.

then I will have to decide on wheels depending on what is available in the the right sizes, I am pretty sure pre au falcon wheels will fit and I am really hoping they do so I can run around on stockies until my wheels arrive :P
A112H

Post by A112H »

If you are going 5x114.3 then I think some SSR Reverse Meshies with some tasty dishy dish would suit it the best.
Some thing like this :)

These are available in a massive range of sizes but I think a 16x8 +12 for the rear and 16x7 +15 for the front would be perfect.
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

hell yea!!! me likey