dvsfin's story/rides

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
75wagon
Admin

Re: dvsfin's story/rides

Post by 75wagon »

dvsfin wrote:I have a pair of GJ struts here...hmmmm I should convert them :P
It would be the easiest if you want to squeeze wide rims and rubber under your guards.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea I was thinking adjustble strut tops too
webby

Post by webby »

Do these run a 3-bolt strut top? KE70 strut tops fit the 3-bolt pattern with a little bit of filing, as do S13 as I'm led to believe.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea it's a 3 bolt top, has anyone else here fitted adjustable tops to a galant before?
webby

Post by webby »

Not a Galant, but I know a guy who fitted T3 adjustable camber tops for KE70 to a GH Sigma. I think his username's B20 or something like that on here?
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

say whaaaaaat

then I jizzed in my pants!!
Nat881

Post by Nat881 »

Cool pic out there! Make it happen!
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

Don't worry, I will be making it happen once I get the sizes right ;-) still waiting on parts though and need to figure out a hydraulic clutch master cylinder for it >_<
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

those wheels would look awsome.. :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

Okie dokie, I just spoke to a guy from diff trans about a hilux conversion and not only has the price gone up to $2900 from $2700 since I last spoke to them, but now they want me to supply the lsd diff centre, the brakes and it's going to take them 3 weeks to do it >_< unless I can supply them with a galant diff for them to measure and shite, then it will take 5 days to install once it's ready >_< sheeeeet
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

also has anyone converted a galant or lancer to hydraulic clutch before? details would be nice :P
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

buy yourself a shit car , use it for as long as possible and do all the work you can while driving the shitter....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dea ... 64C95F615E

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 64C95F615E

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 64C95F615E

anything like those, thats what i did, ended up owning the shitter for nearly 2 years
couldnt kill the old bastard hahaha
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

I can't stand shitters >_< if I had another car it would have to be better then the galant, and anything that I deem better then the galant will cost a lot of money lol
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

...whats better than a galant? Them be fightin' words! :@
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

lol another galant in better condition :P
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

It wasn't pretty but it hauled! And I drove it virtually the way it looked here...ImageImageImage
I did scrub the engine and bay though...
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

actual small world....i was out 4x4ing with a guy i met on another forum the other day. ended up talking to him about my galant. he was telling me about his old housemates yellow coupe. later that day he emailed me this link :lol: he looked up yellow gc coupe on goolge and found it. apparently you bought it off his housemate and he had 3 of them at one point. so i told him im already a member of this lovely here forum.......small world.

car looks so clean by the way :thumpsup:
vrooooom vrooooom!!
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

LOL, the previous owner was quite dodgy and I have spent countless hours fixing his work. Nice guy though hahaha, it's not very clean in person, needs rust fixed and a respray pretty urgently as the paint has become thin and I have surface rust coming through the paint
A112H

Post by A112H »

Those wheels would set it off perfectly, shame about the price rise on the diff conversion :(
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

my cars the same haha. one side looks nice from a distance. till you see the paint fade and the different coloured fender and fuel cap on one side. i dont trust myself enough to hack into the body of my car. and no garage doesnt help. just going to pay someone to do it.....oh and coz im a lazy f...
vrooooom vrooooom!!
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

Yea I know how you feel kenvv, if I had a garage my life would be much easier >_< if I had working space this car wouldn't be on the road at the moment, I would be doing a complete ground up resto on the body replacing every nut and bolt, so I am just going to pay someone to do it :P
A112H wrote:shame about the price rise on the diff conversion
the price doesn't really bother me, it's just that the same guy quoted me a cheaper price before and I wouldn't have had to give them a diff centre or brakes >_< like do they just pull the quoted price out their asses or something
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

Ok then, I just noticed one of my sealed beams has blown and I have been looking at converting to H4's for a while now and maybe also converting to HID's.

So a few questions, I can source the parts but I was just wondering if it's possible/legal to have dual filament globes in all the headlights and will it effect the high beams or anything like that?

Any useful information would be appreciated
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

no one?
A112H

Post by A112H »

No idea mate. I am using aircraft landing lights for my high beam, probably not legal (H)
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

lol yea I had them in my old hardtop :P
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

dvsfin wrote:I was just wondering if it's possible/legal to have dual filament globes in all the headlights and will it effect the high beams or anything like that?
I think you will be ok with high and low beam in each of the 4 head lamps. But the problem will be with the adjustment of the inner lights, they would need to be aimed down at the same angle as the ordinary low beam outers.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

I think the cops will be circling your car sometime soon... and you won't be making friends with 4 low beams setting fire to every car that passes you in the oncoming traffic. The wiring will have to be a bit creative too. Just upgrading to semi sealed will be a big improvement. Convert the inner high beams into driving lights or use H4's and delete the low beam?
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

I have seen it done on other cars but I do not know how and they weren't too bright as to annoy other motorists, a lot of standard cars these days have intense normal driving lights, a friends subaru with standard lights is so bright that it blinds you
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The GD's dual headlight arrangement allows the high beam to be focused on your extended range of sight on the road( the mount is pitched back slightly). All of the lines you see in the glass are designed to act as magnifying prisms to improve the focus of the light (this was the only way they could make them more efficient due to limitations in manufacturing). New headlight assemblies (like in you mate's subie) have the reflector prisms in the back of the headlight and are way more efficient, plus the halogens produce a more 'clean' light. The H4 globes are a great little bit of problem solving, they cut down the number of assemblies needed, and change the point of focus on the road between high and low beam on the road at the same time. Swap up to semi sealed, use 'blue' H4's and figure out if you really need a bank of 4 low beams- you probably won't. But the cops will take a look at it and will want to argue the point. :blah:
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

A112H wrote:No idea mate. I am using aircraft landing lights for my high beam, probably not legal (H)
now that you mention it, they do look like a Q4559X lamp :p