dvsfin's story/rides

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
dvsfin

Re: dvsfin's story/rides

Post by dvsfin »

Ok as some of you may know, my 200sx was stolen a few months ago. It has taken me a little bit to get the cash together seeing as the s15 wasn't insured >_< but I have finally replaced it and thankfully have another daily driver, I'm sure most of you will be happy to hear that it's in the mitubishi family :P

here are some pics :)

hoping to get rid of that ugly ass evo 8 bumper and repace it with a 9 bumper soon =D
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

love the new ride (Y) shame your old car was never recovered though :( what mods are on the evo apart from the cf bonnet?
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

it's had alot done to it ;-) forged internals, bigger turbo on custom manifold, full stainless system, screamer, TEIN fully adjustables, bigger intercooler, upgraded radiator, bigger injectors, cold air intake, plus alot more other stuff, making an easy 250kw at all four on 15psi on 98 octane, could be retuned on e85 and up the boost and make 350kw+ but it's a daily :P and my missus drives it haha

I also put an extra alarm ontop of the factory one and it now has 4 effective immobilisers lol
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

it also has lots of carbon fibre pieces throughout the car ;)
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

very nice. that thing would be a weapon. you looking into insurance on this one? my lc is with shannons but from what ive heard just car is pretty good for imports
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea it is insured through just car already, don't want to lose another car and have nothing to show for it
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh i got mine insured under dads name but im listed as a secondary driver. get away with it cause the car barely does any kms. my next car is gonna kill me on insurance though. hows the hardtop coming along?
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea insurance is expensive. The hardtop is currently unregistered thanks to a friendly highway patrol defecting it, even though he had no idea what he was talking about when he did it, he just saw shiny stuff under the bonnet and said "that shiny stuff must be illegal" I could have cleared the defect but it he put it down as "full design check", prick! and it wouldn't have passed emissions and the rust concerned me aswell, so I just refunded my rego will get everything fixed before registering it again.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

DUUDEEEEE what an ass. i hate that aye. im dredding the day i get pulled over because if that happens to me ill lose it
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

These days you have nothing to lose by challenging the cop in question. If they are unable to specify the nature of a defect, get their I.D. and inform them of your intention to pursue the incident further. Nothing like a cop knowing they are about to get eaten by a small fish...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

dvsfin wrote:I could have cleared the defect but it he put it down as "full design check"
That's the way they do it now.
Most cops don't know what they are looking at, so they leave it to the EPA. Let's face it, if it doesn't look stock, what chance would the average cop have of telling if it's legal or not?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

it is fully engineered but the cop didn't even know what he was looking at so he just sent me to epa to prove it. Wasting my time and money because the cop is a wanker, he also accused me of drifting up the street at twice the legal speed limit, meanwhile I was in peak hour traffic, I think he was on drugs. It may not be standard and is quite modified, but it definitely doesn't have the power required to do that. I'd be lucky to get 90kw out of it let alone enough to get it sideways at over 100kph. He had no proof of it so it didn't really serve any point but to annoy me for having to defend myself
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

so i'm buying wheels for the galant, i'm looking at 16x8 +0's but I don't know if they will fit on the front, i'm just worried that it will scrub on the firewall while turning. Does anyone have any rim advice? I have gh green struts.

I know dean has 15x8 +0's on his gd, but he also has gj struts
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

My 16x8 +10's with 205 50 16 tyres with GH struts don't rub on the firewall, but they do rub on the bottom front of the mudguard wheel arch

On my GC wagon, the 13x6 +5 with 205 65 tyres with stock Galant struts rub on the firewall on full lock on the drivers side only (right side for overseas readers).
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

I had the 15x9 -0 offsets on it the other day on the front with the GJ suspension and it fits.

and i had them on the back with the shorter diff and a slight gaurd roll and they fit.....
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

some of you may know this car that I have recently acquired =P

As I bought it. Those wheels don't even fit over the centric hubs and they wobbled like crazy >_<

After fitting the pepperpots from my other gsr, I drove it to my mates shop to fit some tyres that aren't "for competition use only"

it's pretty rough at the moment, but I plan for it to be my daily driver while the galant gets a complete resto.

I don't know if it was like this when vaughn owned it, but the exhaust is extractors and straight through 2.5 inch to a cannon at the back. It's loud!!!

I will be putting a muffler in this week >_<
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

That would sound the worst lol never understand the appeal of loud droney systems. Good to hear you are putting a muffler on
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

It's good to see some pepperpots back on this.
How much work is it going to need?

Dave...
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

Well it needs a blueslip, from what I can see myself, it needs the exhaust quietened and a handbrake cable, I had to reweld the drivers seat as it was broken. There may be more but for now it's all I can see
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

WARNING: INCOMING WALL OF TEXT :P sorry for my poor punctuation, English was never my strong point hahah :lol:

ok now that the sigma is on the road, the time has come to convert it into a drift pig that I can drive to and from the track ;-)
which is the actual reason that I purchased the car :P
my mrs wanted me to buy another s15 but I think I would be too scared to crash it on the track and wouldn't drive it to it's potential >_<
and besides a sigma would be a pretty unique drift car and I like a challenge :D I have drifted plenty of S chassis cars and to be honest
they are just too easy to drift, it's almost asif they drift themselves :(

I gave drifting the evo a try after seeing an evo 7 going alright, it has more then enough power to fry all 4's and I could get some pretty
decent angles in it but the car didn't like it at all, especially the electronically controlled centre diff :$ having already replaced the
clutch in it myself, I do not want to be pulling the drivetrain apart again considering it cost me over 2k last time just for parts and fluids
>_< also wasting 13 hours of my time :wut:

seeing as I already have the suspension setup in motion but still needs fine tuning, the next thing for the sigma is more power. It goes ok in
first gear, but as you most probably know first gear wont cut it on a drift track :P it is such a bucket to be honest, I can throw it into the
corners to get it sideways in 2nd at about 70kph but it dies in the ass so drifting in 3rd is off the cards, the revs just start to drop as the car
levels out in the drift which is not fun at all because once the speed of the wheels matches the speed of the car it throws the car back the
other way :banh:

there is a wet day on the 12th that I am hoping to bring the car to so I can work out the bugs in the suspension setup while I build the engine.
I am still tossing up exactly which way to go with it, I currently have 2 astron 1 2.6's, 3 astron 2 2.6's and 2 4g63's, all of which I am able to put
EFI gear in with and would require about the same amount of work for me to fit, I still need to do headwork to the astrons though, I was
considering quad carbies for a bit but seeing as I have a few complete injection setups here it almost seems a waste especially if I'm still not
making the power I want once it's complete :banh:

I am tempted to put in one of the 4g63's but one of them is already destined for the galant and I don't really want all of my cars powered by
4g63's, I'll feel like a racist hahaha
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

The 4G63 would probably be easiest to make big power from for drifting, but it would probably be 'expected' by the drift crowd.

A hot 2.6 with EFI and a good turbo setup will still make big power for drifting, and would probably have 1/2 of them scratching their heads as to why it doesn't have one of the usual engines in it.
A112H

Post by A112H »

If it is going to be a drift pig only I would like the idea of a RWD Triton V6 and 5 speed, with a turbo hanging of each side :thumpsup:
That would make them scratch their heads and sound sweet too :D
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

lol if I was going to head away from the motor's that I already have I would be going for a 1UZFE with ITB's ;)
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

wellllll I blew the engine in the pigma >_< it didn't really last too long on the track =( but the good news is I have already pulled the engine out of my white gsr and got it up and running in the red one with the EFI setup and supra 5 speed =D it has a hell of a lot more poke then the old engine (H) the car still needs a little bit of work, the fluids in the engine and box have been sitting for over 7 years and the box is a bit stiff so a bit of servicing will be in order.

in other news I have been building a 2.6 turbo engine for it, currently trying to source a cam and it seems everyone I speak to has their own conflicting opinions on cam suppliers and specific grinds >_< I was wondering what cams s-g guys have been using for their 2.6 turbz engines
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

Just take a stock one to camtech and get it reground they have plenty of grinds just ask for one as big as they can do with a stock camshaft other option is a billet from qld then have it ground by camtech I have seen one done but totalled close to $1k finished.

Cheers Mic
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

just a quick pic of the skidma's engine bay currently, took this a few weeks ago but forgot to upload it for you guys :P

enjoy :)
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

I took the cars to the creek last night, anyone want to guess what they ran? :P