75wagon's 75 GC Wagon with twin carbs (pic heavy)

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
DanTurboLancer

Re: 75wagon's 75 GC Wagon with twin carbs (pic heavy)

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Wow dave, The photos look fantastic!

FFIRE has a great eye for shots!

I liked the 2nd one, Car in colour, and the Back ground Black and white, but thats just me.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

New plans have started.
I'm in search of wagon number 2 to start rebuilding.
I've started collecting some bits already.

and I bought these last night.

Th plan is to build a GD wagon to be a twin of my wagon (different colour of course)...

Let the search for a GD wagon begin...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

love your work mate keep it up. nice to see people looking after their cars so well. and dam you, and your coupe grill :P
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

75wagon wrote:I'm in search of wagon number 2 to start rebuilding.
It all makes sense ,new garage so new project to put in it. Good onya Dave, cant wait to watch it all happen :thumpsup:
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

astronturbo77 wrote:love your work mate keep it up. nice to see people looking after their cars so well. and dam you, and your coupe grill :P
That was the find of the century. Can't believe what he wanted for it either. And before anyone asks, no it's not for sale, and if it is 76galantv6 gets first dibs, because he only missed it by mere seconds as I beat him to it (sorry mate).
Skidmark wrote:It all makes sense ,new garage so new project to put in it. Good onya Dave, cant wait to watch it all happen :thumpsup:
This one will be well documented. I don't have before pics of the one I have now :banh:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

Heres a few pics to motovate you

1977 GD GALANT station wagon owned since 1988
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

and another
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

77GDWAGON wrote:and another
I woud like to know where to get those window/wind visor things from :roll: .
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

look fabricated to me, dont look like plastic, more alloy or something
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Thanks for the pix 77GDWAGON, I don't like the way the grill is painted on the silver one. It spoils the look.
I actually think the hardtop grills look better with the GD bumper. I'm not a fan of the lights under the bar.

Just a question, how rare are these grills? I thought they were really rare?

Dave...
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

In Aus these grills are rare. U will see a few coupes with GD grills fitted when repaired. Over seas they are more common.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Good luck with the wagon Dave, I would like to done one myself ....................... eventually.
As for the grill, I guess it is kinda hard to tell how rare they are as we are still unable to tell how many hardtops were brought into the country. Lets say there were 1000 brought in, I would guess there are less than 200 left in a roadworthy condition and maybe a 1/4 of those have GD grills
I guess pretty rare.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Galant_GT0 wrote:Good luck with the wagon Dave
My only problem now is trying to find one.
I've got a bit of time on my hands, I won't be able to start the actual project for 6 months, so I've got plenty of time to look around. That should be plenty of time to find a GD wagon worth rebuilding, surely?
But I'll keep collecting bits as I find them, then it should be pretty straight forward...

Dave...
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

i have one of those grills :)

will is fit my A57? is it just the centre thats differnt or is th entire pattern differnt?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yes, it will fit.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

awesome, just need to find a plastic welder to weld a tab on.
A112H

Post by A112H »

How keen are you for a wagon Dave? There is a guy near me that has two GD's I am pretty sure (and a yard full of other good stuff) both mustard coloured. I am trying to get one out of him but he wont budge. Apparently he sends all sorts of cars from here to South Africa as they are even harder to get there?
Point is I am trying to get them from him for about $1500 the pair. They are both running and able to be regoe'd in SA. If you are interested in going halves + freight let me know, or anyone for that matter. Both Wagons are 100% stock (full hubcaps and all) GL with cream interior and mustard paint. Pretty sure both are auto.
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I have a GD wagon here Dave but it is quite rusty, has a damaged radiator support panel, and i've already started cutting patches out of it.. It wouldn't be worth the hassle of repairing but your welcome to attack it with an angle grinder if you need any panels, patches, etc when you do find one.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

do a coupe dave... eg mine :thumpsup:

a wagon coupe resemblance thingo majigo ayayaya
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

GC75 wrote:a wagon coupe resemblance thingo majigo ayayaya
He's already drawn it up in the past. It even has the hardtop grill in it.

Take GC75's hardtop, my rusty wagon, an angle grinder, and a welder. Sounds easy!!!!

GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

that would be epic.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I don't think I've got the skill level for this one boys, and I certainly don't have the cash to pay someone to do it. I wonder how much of a nightmare it would be to engineer something like that?

Plus to make it work the rear side glass would need to be lengthened.

I'm very confident that it would end up being the coolest shape galant you could get if it was built. Tell me I'm wrong???

Dave...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Just for something different, I pulled the wheels out of my shed from a car that I'm stripping and tried them on the wagon today. They are 15x7's.

I think I still prefer my rims on it...

Dave...
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

77GDWAGON wrote:In Aus these grills are rare. U will see a few coupes with GD grills fitted when repaired. Over seas they are more common.
my coupe had the coupe grill but i didnt like the look of them and didnt know how rare they are so i sold it with my gd :banh:
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
A112H

Post by A112H »

They look a bit to modern for the Wags. They look a bit Hyundai eXcel :lol:
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

oh andrew.. dear oh dear..

yeah i dont like them, i like curves not edges ;)

except wherrits - coz theyre designed for our cars :thumpsup:
Wagontrain

Post by Wagontrain »

75wagon wrote:
guylant wrote:thats a cool wagon dude looks good dont see that many around :thumpsup:
thanx guylant.
Here's another pic
What a great looking wagon. How do you manage to steer it with the sports wheel and mags? Mine is a workout with 175's on instead of the original 155's. Anybody fitted power steering to these yet? Keep up the great work on the car, and the website. Glenn
GC=Good Car
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Wagontrain wrote:How do you manage to steer it with the sports wheel and mags?
Yep, it's quite heavy. One of the guys at work drove it and said it's got the heaviest steering he's ever experienced (but then again he's only a young bloke and probably only driven smalls cars or big ones with power steer). In reality it's ok when driving, but parking or slow speed is hard work.
Wagontrain wrote:Anybody fitted power steering to these yet? Keep up the great work on the car, and the website.
I don't know about power steering, I think can it be fitted to this style of steering or is it only for rack and pinion?
Thanks for the encouragement :thumpsup:
Lets see what my next project turns out like :think:

Dave...
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

75wagon wrote:I don't think I've got the skill level for this one boys, and I certainly don't have the cash to pay someone to do it. I wonder how much of a nightmare it would be to engineer something like that?
Skill level you will have just need to work out what exactly you want. Engineering wouldnt be too much of a hassle as all you will be potentially doing is a roof chop, and most hotrodders have been down this path. (you will need to do this for the doors to line up and glass to fit. You immediate issues will be getting the coupe doors and rear quarter windows to align and seal properly with the roof. Would be interesting and hell sexy. Love the cartoonism...
75wagon wrote:Yep, it's quite heavy. One of the guys at work drove it and said it's got the heaviest steering he's ever experienced (but then again he's only a young bloke and probably only driven smalls cars or big ones with power steer). In reality it's ok when driving, but parking or slow speed is hard work.
Undo the screw on top the the steering box and fill it wil gearbox oil. I used to put gearbox oil and a teaspoon of bearing grease in mine and everyone who drove it commented about how light the steering was. This was in my GB with 185's on it and my GD with 205's on it. So look at your box probably has never been looked at....
75wagon wrote:I don't know about power steering, I think can it be fitted to this style of steering or is it only for rack and pinion?
Is possible as it is a hyrdolic ram which attaches to the body and then to a point on the drag link. This does nto give you a power assisted steering box but a powered assisted steering. EH's did this from factory as an option and also some of the america muscle cars. You can get retro stuff fitted these days but the pricing is huge ($1600ish) I would just service the box suck it up and become a man. If a lady can drive mine with the 205's on it then you should be able to (this is not being sexist but realist. It is a known fact females are not as strong in the upper body, nor should they need to be.... Please do not take offence.

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
A112H

Post by A112H »

How do you manage to steer it with the sports wheel and mags? Mine is a workout with 175's on instead of the original 155's.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, kids these days living in a world of power steering. When I was 18 I had a XA Falcon Coupe with 265's on the front and no PS :lol: