76 gc galant hardtop

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
tango76hardtop

76 gc galant hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

my baby. the green panels, grill and motor was off a wrecked gc hardtop

Image[/img]

note the custom billet boss kit and horn button

Image[/img]

2.6 astron 2 standard carb for now

Imagemg]

got this grill off a wrecked hardtop was told its off a station wagon but have never seen this on any galants, anyone know what its off. the holes all line up to bolt straight on

Image/img]

racing seats on modified stock seat rails. going to get retrimed to match rear seats when they get done. any ideas leather or velour

Image[/img]

hopefully the pics upload, still trying to work out how to do it right :)
Last edited by tango76hardtop on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
GC75
Admin

Re: 76 gc galant hardtop

Post by GC75 »

looks good so far mate, like the seats and yes that grill is different...

just when i thought i understood :lol:

say got any spare parts? :) like that front bar looks straight as a whistle.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

got this grill off a wrecked hardtop was told its off a station wagon but have never seen this on any galants, anyone know what its off. the holes all line up to bolt straight on
I've seen these grills before, but sorry don't know what they are originally off. Maybe an import?
Anyway nice looking car, how long till it's finished and cruising?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

Grill is off a JDM wagon
1977 GD GALANT station wagon owned since 1988
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah dont know when I'll have it on the road cos my brother in law is going to do the bodywork so really when he feels up to it then we'll have the panel and paint done then its just putting everything back together hopfully 1 or 2 years time :) I had picked up a whole wrecked hardtop which was straight as only damage was to the passanger front side so most the front end is from that car. heres some pics of the donor car and my car when i first broght it home

sidedraft setup thats going in after it passes the pits

when i got it home only taken out motor and bonnet other than that, thats how i got it

saturn motor thats how it was in the car

during the driveline overhaul

the donor car

the damage from the previous owner sliding sideways into traffic lights

I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I quite like the colour on the donor car, suits the shape.
What colour are you planning to paint yours?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

at first i was thinking of going with the green on the donor car but now Im going to go with a nice silver maybe the factory silver that my car came out with or maybe a darker silver. Ive got the factory brochure of the gc hardtop and the pics in it is of a silver one and i have to say it really looks great in silver

A112H

Post by A112H »

This was the colour I thought about. Same brochure but with the silver "greened" up a little.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Galant_GT0 wrote:This was the colour I thought about. Same brochure but with the silver "greened" up a little.

I just noticed, your wheels don't match their reflections....
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

Have you got the Hardtop on the road yet looks pretty good.

The parts car looks like it was a beauty until the poster.
Hope you still have the wreck.

Love the hardtops
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

Nah its not on the road yet, the pics are of it in the current stage. I stripped the parts car till it was just a bare shell and scraped the rest. it was actually rust free and a nice car and would of been nice if it was repairable but it was all pushed in from the the passanger guard into the passenger air vent and into the cabin.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

tango76hardtop wrote:Nah its not on the road yet, the pics are of it in the current stage. I stripped the parts car till it was just a bare shell and scraped the rest. it was actually rust free and a nice car and would of been nice if it was repairable but it was all pushed in from the the passanger guard into the passenger air vent and into the cabin.

if you have any coupe body parts left would be willing to part with them if i need for the coupe that im hopefully gettin on monday haha?
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

im kinda keeping them for spare sorry. nothing worse then needing a part that i got rid of, later down the track. Yeah i know its hard to find parts for these coupes. I bought as many coupe parts i could find when i aquired my coupe.
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

just some pics of my car with the pepperpots on it and some more pics while i had it out of the garage. big thanks to ytgsr for the wheels and colta51 for helping me out with the wheel brace

shuggy

Post by shuggy »

its all multi colored haha, love the wheels mate
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

shuggy wrote:its all multi colored haha, love the wheels mate
yeah its not going to make it onto the calender thats for sure :)
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

spewin eh, ima do a shoot tnyt i think
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

just did a GH strut conversion on it today, had cleaned the struts and caliper up and painted them before I fitted them. Some pics.

original strut. before shot

the comparison of the two struts, as you can see the GH discs are a lot larger

and after shot all fitted, yeah I know its a shot of the other side :)
colta51

Post by colta51 »

looks great i had a hardtop once apon a time :(
dont use velour on yore seats unless thay never see sun light!
and swet stuffs it too!
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

that was one question i had, with the brake conversion, what happens if the siggy brakes are off a boosted car and my brakes are manual? do i have to get new slave cylinders or a booster or is it ok?
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

colta51 wrote:looks great i had a hardtop once apon a time :(
dont use velour on yore seats unless thay never see sun light!
and swet stuffs it too!
thanks for the advise, i was actually going to do velour but now I might do them in cloth after hearing that :)
shuggy wrote:that was one question i had, with the brake conversion, what happens if the siggy brakes are off a boosted car and my brakes are manual? do i have to get new slave cylinders or a booster or is it ok?
I'd say fit a standard GD booster on yours and it should work fine, thats whats on mine and it feels perfect when i brake, no problems at all
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

hurry up and either finish it off or sell it to me :)
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

lol yeah iv'e had this car for around 8 years never on the road so wont be selling this anytime soon. Just waiting on my brother in law to do the body work on it then it'll be ready for the pits but he's been saying he'll get round to doing it for a few years now :\
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

SOLD to Shuggy. I figured I wouldn't finish it for ages so thought I'll sell it to someone that will get it finished and on the road sometime in the near future.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

So does that mean you'll be leaving us?

Dave...
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

I'll still stay on here, everyone on here are a great group of people and hopefully I can still help other members out with my knowledge of galants. Might still keep my profile pic tho just for the memories :)
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

wow tango, just like that haha, u were so close!!

damn u shuggy gotta own em all haha.

good that your staying round tango :)!
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines