my colt/galant A51

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
colta51

Re: my colt/galant A51

Post by colta51 »

webby wrote:You won't find nice rims in the factory offset. The Superlites are +4 right? Provided they don't stick out of the guards you'll be fine :)
You'll want to go closer to neutral offset anyway, a 13x7 +25 or whatever the stock offset is would hit the strut
i was keen on superlites but now im thinking sumthing a little more jap style wiv deep dish? or maby just go wiv the bathurst style mags polishet and painted white :P (like daves)
anyway tomorow i will start making phone calls to diffrent workshops to ask about my motor and get sum quotes on full reco on my head and bottem end ballencing.. witch leads to my next QUESTION wat exactly is invloved in ballencing a motor? i take it thay just grind a bit here and there of the crank and rods? shood i fit my new pistons,rings and berrings first?
and i no i mussent forget to do the welsh plugs too! :D
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
colta51

Post by colta51 »

anyone used isky 455/456 dubble valve springs and retainers? thinking these will go nice with my #2 cam? :think:
colta51

Post by colta51 »

well thay dont make them anymore :| best price sofar was $220 for a full reco on the head but still havnt rang the places that mike sugested...
colta51

Post by colta51 »

after sum sanding the cam berring bits lookt ok so i thort wile im still chasing valves and springs i wood get away with throwing it back to gether wiv my #2 cam and take it for a spin....well i got it running ok seem to be fine! so i went and put rego on her then cum home started it up again and it was running like a dog :o .......well after a inspection the oil is like milk so the head gasket must hav let go... :@ and to piss me off even more i had it bookt it for a full tune and ballence of the carby today... :(
colta51

Post by colta51 »

got my head back today after beeing workt on for the last few days at richards engine service.. it had a slight warp in it and had to be shaved down a bit to fix but all good now.. :P im still chasing a good torque wrench to fit it with (cant really aford one this week :( ) but it shood all be running again very soon.. i hav had my extractors ceramic coated and i wrapt them with heat tape and clear coated them when finished now thay look great :o here is a pic of the head..
and the extractors
colta51

Post by colta51 »

its all back to gether! now i just need to get it down to this alfa mechanic i no to get the carbs ballanced and tuned proply.. :)
A112H

Post by A112H »

Coming along very nicely, can't wait to hear it finished :thumpsup:
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

love it. nothing better than a clean bay like that
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

tandanus

Post by tandanus »

This is looking REALLY good :)
When you get the DCOEs set up, I'd LOVE to know what the jetting/air correction and so on is :D
(I have a pair waiting to go on my GA/4G32 (H) and need a good starting point)
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Looking good, but I have to ask a question, why is your engine bay painted blue? Are you going to respray the whole car blue? (just for the record, I went back to the first page to look for an answer but couldn't find one. It's probably there, but I missed it).

BTW, any update on rims?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
webby

Post by webby »

Nice bay mate :)
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

tandanus wrote:I have a pair waiting to go on my GA/4G32 (H) and need a good starting point
This is a pretty good place to start .... http://www.classicrallyclub.com.au/docs ... ndrews.pdf

Same general rules would apply to Dellorto & Mikuni-Solex sidedraughts as well, I would imagine (I'll know for sure when the jets I have ordered for my M-S 40s arrive in the mail :thumpsup: )
colta51

Post by colta51 »

75wagon wrote:Looking good, but I have to ask a question, why is your engine bay painted blue? Are you going to respray the whole car blue? (just for the record, I went back to the first page to look for an answer but couldn't find one. It's probably there, but I missed it).

BTW, any update on rims?

Dave...
a few years ago i painted it with machinery grey coz the old paint was falling off.. lol
and no rims yet.. been spending to much cash on motorbikes at the moment (just got a ktm :D )
A112H

Post by A112H »

A mate is selling his 2007 Husaberg FE550 is you are interested? He just bought a brand new 'Berg FE 570, crazy fast bike!
colta51

Post by colta51 »

A mate is selling his 2007 Husaberg FE550 is you are interested? He just bought a brand new 'Berg FE 570, crazy fast bike!
how much is he asking..? but dont think i will be able to afford it for a little wile... :think:
71GA

Post by 71GA »

He mate nice car, where did you get your carpet from and how much? Im in Adelaide and im not really sure of any suppliers. Cheers bud
colta51

Post by colta51 »

sent you a pm ^
Nat881

Post by Nat881 »

Hows the project going on now? Mind asking do you still have spare of those a1 badges for the fenders?
colta51

Post by colta51 »

havent done much lately.. i installed a crane cams ignition set up now she runs much better but still needs a tune.. and yea i still got spairs Nat881.. :D
colta51

Post by colta51 »

i forgot to show off these too.. :D
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Nat881 wrote:Mind asking do you still have spare of those a1 badges for the fenders?
I have a pair of Colt AI front guard badges available for sale too if you are after some .....

PM me if interested
colta51

Post by colta51 »

instaled tacho dash to.. after sum mucking around it all works great even the clock! (H)
its all been cleand since this pic and it all matches the rest of the dash great..
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

colta51 wrote:instaled tacho dash to.. after sum mucking around it all works great even the clock! (H)
its all been cleand since this pic and it all matches the rest of the dash great..
Looks good! :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Now she's lookin' old school tough! :thumpsup:
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

colta51 wrote:instaled tacho dash to.. after sum mucking around it all works great even the clock!
Did you have any trouble getting a good tight fit with it ? Mine doesn't seem to clip in quite as tightly at the top as the stock dash does.

I've discovered that the tach in mine seems to read a bit low, also ..... seems to be a % thing, as the error gets greater as revs increase. Will have to get it checked/calibrated I think (looks like there is an adjustment screw on the back)
colta51

Post by colta51 »

seems to fit good at the top but the bottem is slightly off.. think my tacho is reading pretty good but wont be suprised if i find its a bit out the more the revs go up... bit like the speedo too.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Love the new parts, looks very cool
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

btw .... I've got a spare accelerator pedal if you need one ! :thumpsup:
colta51

Post by colta51 »

A112H wrote:Love the new parts, looks very cool
thanks jason.. :thumpsup:
and dave im thinking of making one that dosent atatch to the floor like in the lancers..
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

I fitted a scorpion accel pedal in my GD- was a straight nut and bolt swap. Only needed to bend the upper half of the pedal arm a little to take some slack off the cable. Should be the same story for you.