My LA Lancer beast, 13B Turbo..pics

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
slimer

Re: My LA Lancer beast, 13B Turbo..pics

Post by slimer »

Thanks fellas, yeh i have no idea what brand the wheels are...i owned it when it had the V4's on it.

Yeh it up and running, just got to get it tuned.....any advice?....its a 13BT....im probably going to go to take it to Ben at Rotarymotorsport, but i have heard Matt Spry on the coast is good.

not long to go...
Mobile mechanic, cheap rates. Servicing, headgaskets, clutch & brake repairs etc...BRISBANE
http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-V ... Z199141038
stealth

Post by stealth »

archie at mazfix ,springwood he good with the rotors
or APC nick knows his stuff ,i think thay charge huge coin though worth the phone call i suppose
cheers stealth (H)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
slimer

Post by slimer »

its getting registered next week...wooooo hooooo
Mobile mechanic, cheap rates. Servicing, headgaskets, clutch & brake repairs etc...BRISBANE
metaldrift

Post by metaldrift »

nice car mate, interesting to see that colour, my mate was gonna spray the GH that then decided to go Tropicana green mettalic instead, You'll be happy when you get it rego'd, I'm hoping to get mine rwc this week too.
slimer

Post by slimer »

quick update...ITS REGISTERED,......wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo..

finally. now just got to find a decnt tuner thats not booked out for jamboree...
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

great too hear the old girl is on the road!!! :thumpsup:
Samual
slimer

Post by slimer »

well time for an update.....

got the car going myself.....tuned it myself....well tried to.....it runs good but after i turn it off it is a bit hard to start....plugs....rotary...

been awhile since i have done 140kph out of second....lol...need to change my diff/gearing......

i reckon it has about 180 at the wheels....

ill post a video of it up on here and on my facebook.
slimer

Post by slimer »

quick update....car is in process of getting hilux diff put into it....

poor car has only travelled 640 k's in like 3yrs.....i think in my head everytime rego sticker arrives "waste of money this is as i dont drive it"...lol...although what's the bet if i let rego expire, the day i go to rego it the laws would have changed or something....lol...
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

That's happened in NSW. Old engineers can no longer be used to establish a new registration.
GD Galant Wagon 2.6 T04E powerglide - 10.51@124,
GD Galant Sedan Starion powered
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

yep dont let it go 3 month out of rego or you'll be up for another gingerbeers report
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

This is all NSW any way, I know your in QLD Slimer.

Cousin just got a quote to engineer his 13b KE20. $2500.

All of mine were under $500 when I was getting them done. Such a rip
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

Who is your cousin going through I was put onto a guy who is doing them for 1k all up spoke with him last friday involves first inspection then test drive and report.

cheers Mic
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

Hey Mic,
He told me but I am struggling to remember the name. Something 'performance' and I think it was narellan or campbeltown way. Pretty vague I know.

$1k is much more reasonable. Have you spoke to him about your car?
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

Yeah mate last week only thing he wont do is the front half of the cage and I still need to change a few things to more street oriantated items and can only be engineered as a 2lt turbo will be going back into my mates shop in the next 2 weeks so we can finish fitting all the trims and windows then I will have the motor finished and start bolting all the drivetrain together.

cheers Mic
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

I'll find out about this bloke, If I heard right from my cousin, he was going to do the 13b turbo in a ke26 wagon. Thats 2616cc.
slimer

Post by slimer »

Thats what i thought.....so is anyone still getting 13B Turbos/2.6 turbos done in little cars down there anymore?.....ive got both n.s.w and q.l.d engineers reports for mine....ive heard of some shocking prices paid for engineers reports...i paid like $350 for one i had done in my old 12A Turbo gemini....but that was years back...but was told even back then that some people were having to pay heaps...
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

They changed the way the engineers had to operate and that got rid of all the dodgy engineers and also 3/4 of the good engineers too.

The rules and stuff are realtively unchanged but the engineers insurance and the liability has. Basically if anything happens, the engineer is totally liable, the rta washes their hands of all of it. As a result there is a new scheme and engineers reports of the old scheme can't be used to start a new rego again. There was a grace period but that ended in march. (I work next door to an engineer who was so angry with the RTA that he quit). The changes in the liability meant that their level of insurance had to be higher and therefore more expensive. They are simply passing on the costs to the consumer.

If your car is currently engineered and registered, you are fine. If you let it lapse to the point where you have to hand the plates and start again, then you will have to re engineer it under the new scheme. Sadly Slimer, If you ever sold me back the lancer, I couldn't use the engineers report that it has for NSW haha ;)

When people were paying big bucks previously, it was to some of the dodgy engineers who were happy to go outside the guidelines. There were many decent engineers though who were happy to go outside the guidelines and not charge exhorbitant fees (remember the RTA's engineering laws were guidelines and not rules).

So as for little cars like 808's and stuff with 13b turbos, I hear that they are getting engineered but until I hear it off someone who has done it themselves, I'm not believing it at this point. The new scheme has only been going since feb so things are still in their infancy.
slimer

Post by slimer »

Not that im going to sell the lancer but that sucks, as it has dropped in value now...what a crap rule....

how long did you own it for?.....ive got to change the rear leaf springs...one side is an "S" shape now....so much tramp...ive got tramps rods to go nto it too....
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

I owned it for about 18 months. The guy I bought it off had it for about 3 years. He had bought it off the guy who built it.

Prob worth getting the leaves reset and add an extra leaf. What sort of tramp rods did you get? A 2 link kit or slapper bar type setup?
slimer

Post by slimer »

cant remember...lol..been sitting in the box from when i bought it off ebay...lol..
slimer

Post by slimer »

poor car hasnt moved in like 8 months

im hoping to get to drive it, just dont have time to do anything lately...if i do its usually late at night or i got no motivation...

7thsin

Post by 7thsin »

love this build
sad its stuck in a shed thou but i can understand bet it sucks fuel like a mofo
also how dose the qld heat go with the 13b ?? .
= Lancer 1976 =
slimer

Post by slimer »

doesnt drick it much at all supprisingly...its a mega light car so no strain really....ill take it out sometime next week to give it a run....
doesnt mind the heat either...
slimer

Post by slimer »

wow, didnt realise it had been so long....well today i got it finished...posting small videos soon...so hyped up right now i cant sleep...lol
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Can't wait to see it in action!
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Videos. Sounds good :thumpsup:

Glad to hear you've still been working on it.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
slimer

Post by slimer »

How do I post pictures from my iPad onto here? I don't have an imageshack accent anymore
slimer

Post by slimer »

mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

The green machine has been unleashed! Upload them to tinypic and it'll give you a link to post here you can do it on ipad
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »