The imported jap-spec GJ GSR 1984 (MOVED BACK!)

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Re: The imported jap-spec GJ GSR 1984 (MOVED BACK!)

Post by oldn64 »

ted wrote:Fuel, powersteering fluid leak or wiring!! i'd tend to say power steer it sits right in front of the exhaust small leak big fire!!! ive rewired many cars at work after powersteer leaks and fires it lights up REAL quick!!! and it looks like there was abit more heat on the passenger side!!!
Boy do I know this well. But my fire happened due to me not having time to finish some wiring so gave it to someone, where they gave it to their apprentise, and then he stuffed it (can prove) which then pulled max current and melted the low pressure hose side of the power steer and then had power steer fluid pour directly on my extractors on my Statesman, went up while I was on the freeway. The fire that happened was quick to then burn through my trans line and cause more fuel to be poured on my extractors, Needless to say I am fighting through small claims for the dollars for repair to be done. This totals close to $6000 to fix my car (if others do it.) I am already in the process of rewiring and rebuilding things. Biggest issue is the now stuffed brand new T700 that I need to reco yet again and cost close to $2700 the first time around... GRRRRR

Definately feel your pain but I have had many bad experiences with workshops and will only ever do my own work now or supervise when a car is in somewhere. People just dont care about your pride and joy the way you do, simple.

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
genius

Post by genius »

This is a very Interesting thread, and possibly one i may be able to assist in. I can understand everyones opinions on something like this and how we all stick up for each other but I would like to try decipher what really hapened here. Name calling is a bit imature for a decent forum like this? Or mabey being nearly 50 makes me a prune! Are these the only pics available of before and after the event or is there more that i can view?
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

I many more photo's and video footage, taken whilst checking up on the car and no-one being there. The powersteering unit had not been put back in the car at the time it was picked up, it (the car) being unfinished, and was in the boot still.

The fire was on the RHS of the motor and the embers I originally saw on the road moments before I saw flames was the the bonnet heat shield disintigrating- part of it still remained which is another pointer to the where, what,and why.

The car has been kept intact, unmolested in storage - until such time as this is settled.

I was awarded $9,999.99 by VCAT on reciept of which Flavio Sibilla/Zoom Tuning is to accept the car and do with it as he wishs.

Flavio Sibilla/Zoom Tuning has asked for the decision to be reviewed so it'll be back in VCAT on the 25th Oct 2010 @ 3pm, so yes I get to meet him again, see what he looks like now , it'll be awesome.

Pure Genius................

ps

This time I get to add a days wages to the bill :mrgreen:
Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

Astron Boy wrote:That is good news.

Was sad to hear about this almost 5 months ago when a similar issue arose with Flav.

Atleast you're on the way to getting some rectification.

Still sucks about the loss though.
What similar issue?
Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
genius

Re: The imported jap-spec GJ GSR 1984 (aka my baby)

Post by genius »

Lowmion wrote:Does anyone know of a mechanic and an auto electrician that can come visit and supply a quote for the repairs needed ?
I'll Quote you for repairs.

Shop around :
1 x GJ SIGMA. $500
1 X JA STARION $800 Now thats being for whole cars. I would think you could get just the bits you need for about $200 to $500 without buying whole cars. These cars were Mass produced so should be plenty of junk cars around for parts.

You only need some wiring and bits and pieces. That's realy not a huge fire when you look at it. You even have fresh un-burnt paint near the ECI and behind it on the Firewall. I think pulling all the cooked bits off and cleaning it down with solvent will see you accomplish a hell of a lot. Hardly a massive fuel, alloy melting fire there. Looks like a heap of smoke staining to me.

Seriously.... That's it.

If you buy whole cars you can sell all the parts you have left over and end up with a profit?
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

ted wrote:Fuel, powersteering fluid leak or wiring!! i'd tend to say power steer it sits right in front of the exhaust small leak big fire!!! ive rewired many cars at work after powersteer leaks and fires it lights up REAL quick!!! and it looks like there was abit more heat on the passenger side!!!
I had a split in the high pressure hose on my VN. Every time I turned the steering wheel, it would squirt power steering fluid onto the hot headers. It would only smoke a little, but never started a fire. It might have only been little squirts.

Lowmion

Re: The imported jap-spec GJ GSR 1984 (aka my baby)

Post by Lowmion »

genius wrote:
Lowmion wrote:Does anyone know of a mechanic and an auto electrician that can come visit and supply a quote for the repairs needed ?
I'll Quote you for repairs.

Shop around :
1 x GJ SIGMA. $500
1 X JA STARION $800 Now thats being for whole cars. I would think you could get just the bits you need for about $200 to $500 without buying whole cars. These cars were Mass produced so should be plenty of junk cars around for parts.

You only need some wiring and bits and pieces. That's realy not a huge fire when you look at it. You even have fresh un-burnt paint near the ECI and behind it on the Firewall. I think pulling all the cooked bits off and cleaning it down with solvent will see you accomplish a hell of a lot. Hardly a massive fuel, alloy melting fire there. Looks like a heap of smoke staining to me.

Seriously.... That's it.

If you buy whole cars you can sell all the parts you have left over and end up with a profit?
love it, however for VCAT I need to supply a quote for replacing the entire car - ie go to car city and by a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 for $12-15,000 or the cost of initial purchase, import/export tax's freight and then compliance, rwc & reg from Japan to Australia or for a paid (qualified) professional other than myself to do the work required.

Now Flav/Zoom Tuning, from Austarian said last week in VCAT and I quote " but your honour this car [the 1984 Galant Turbo 2000] is only worth from $200-$900 as they're very common, I cant understand why he's sueing me for $10k" I almost fell over........

:hit:
woops

Post by woops »

He would know damn well that this car is no ordinary sigma. He's just hoping that the judge would see the car and just assume it's the same as a sigma. All you gotta do is prove the real value and take him for all it's worth. I notice that he's still selling parts on austarion but is he still building cars for people?
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
A112H

Post by A112H »

He tried to sell me a turbo manifold for my 63 through Austarion. As I had already read this thread I declined his offer :)
GAIJININJA

Post by GAIJININJA »

I had an '84 GJ Australian made Sigma with a 2.0 Astron that developed a leak in the fuel pump. Six months I drove it around with literally 1/2 the fuel spaying down the intake side of the motor. Never had a fire, and except for a SLIGHT lack in power (and a huge fuel bill!), never had any other problems, besides rust, breaking plastic panels, etc. 2,300,000km on the clock and only it's second ever clutch. Knowing how indestructible these babies are, you can count on it that yours burnt because the clowns who worked on it for you left something where it shouldn't have been (eg, cleaning rag), or something loose. After spending $4000 on a car currently worth $1400, I don't think you would have treated it in a way that would result in this. Good luck with getting to the real reason, and I hope you get her back up to scratch real soon.
genius

Post by genius »

Hey! I remember seeing this car once.I think it was around south of the city? Had a huge ding in the bonnet at the time, looked like you ran under a truck! Brake a bit late huh? :P
Blipman

Post by Blipman »

message deleted
Last edited by Blipman on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
genius

Post by genius »

Mate, you should really have a go at fixing it. The damage isn't that bad. Lots of burned rubber and hoses but with a clean up i reckon your half way there.
genius

Post by genius »

Cottees wrote:
I had a split in the high pressure hose on my VN. Every time I turned the steering wheel, it would squirt power steering fluid onto the hot headers. It would only smoke a little, but never started a fire. It might have only been little squirts.

Thats a bloody ripper of a split you have in that hose. Its pretty amazing what you can put on hot metal and not catch fire. Its more dependant on the vapor!
genius

Post by genius »

BTW.....Has ANYTHING been Proven yet or we all still guessing at this? I was thinking that if Flav got a Review for another hearing from vcat, then nothing Lowmion has shown the Judge previously held? Correct me if im wrong, but is that how they look at it? Im just asking here!!!! Doing an appeal in the AFL usually means theres more or contradicting evidence. Thats pretty much in any Law situation isn't it?

Im guessing it coz you didnt bring the judge donuts the first time.
logik

Post by logik »

-
Last edited by logik on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
genius

Post by genius »

I remember seeing your thread on the starion site. You got booted off for speaking shit from what i read and the thread got locked for it.

Looks like theres so much bullshit flying around here thats gonna get Lowmion into trouble rather than help his car get fixed.

Shit canning people on a forum will not help lowmion or anyone else.
genius

Post by genius »

Lowmion wrote:Hiya all

Consumer Affairs Victoria got in contact with Flav, to find out his side of the story, and to see if a solution could be found, what his insurance company was etc etc.

In their own words,

Quote "Unfortunately, on this occasion efforts to conciliate this matter have not led to a mutually acceptable resolution. Should you wish to pursue this matter, you may choose to make an application to VCAT - Civil Claims List for hearing." End quote.

The Conciliator from CAV called me and said

-that Flav claimed he was only a mechanic employee working for Zoom Tuning
-that Zoom Tuning was owned by some-one else, that he'ld not met me personally,
-that he could only vaguely remember the car, and that all he did remember is I was trying to pull an insurance scam.

The Conciliator then told me he asked Flav if he didn't own Zoom Tuning

-why was his name attached to Zoom Tuning's ABN?
-why did $3200 worth of cheques get deposited and cashed by Flav if Flav wasn't Zoom Tuning
-and why would I torch my own car if it wasn't insured - so where and from whom did he hear of an insurance scam from
-why my numberplate's would appear on someone else's car whilst my car was in his care and then that other car was snapped not having an E-tag and I received the fine - especially since the plates were re-attached to my vehicle when it was returned to me - so they weren't stolen.

Also that Flav denied going out to inspect the car, denied that my sister in law was taking photo's of it whilst he was there and denied that it's his or his friends car in the background of one of the shots (priceless - it's the shot with the hood up taken by my sister in law called The after shot) the pictures a high res one that can be blown up to easily read the plates :).

That after a being told there were photo's, phone and bank records, the government records of business, a current Police investigation and to remember that this call is being recorded - Flav got angry and hung up.

The Conciliator from Consumer Affairs Victoria said to me that I can post anything I like about this case so long as it's the truth, and that I have the right to alert fellow car enthusist's to the situation
colta51 wrote:so sory to c this man she was sweet! wats the inside like? if it was electrical ya loom inside the dash wood hav melted 2? ya wood think anyway. but the way it looks i wood say petrol!
The wiring loom inside the car is fine, following are the pic's taken of it on the night I picked it up from Flav, the last picture shows it in his driveway, his workshop door open and the donor car next to it.

This picture of the engine bay where Flav has put a ZOOM sticker on my airbox, further into the airbox are the 2 headlight relays that he say caused all the destruction.

The after shot

Still have the thing parked out the front

I'll keep you all updated, VACT is next.
I wasnt sure how to put up just one pic, But whats the black squares under the bumper? The spotties with covers or over riders ? Seem kind of Glued on? They have bolts on the back?
genius

Post by genius »

I just saw them on the back of the car. Guess thery are not spotties!

:facepalm:
logik

Post by logik »

-
Last edited by logik on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
genius

Post by genius »

Im on no ones side mate. Im as neautral as they come. But continual bagging of people is something that people jump the gun at. Thats not just a single person but looking all over your starion site, and others, it seems to run a little rampant. What we all need to understand here is that if you make an accusation and it's found unbased or Incorrect then you become liable for that accusation and all the damage it has caused.

Your better off keeping to yourself and talk about it if and when you have an outcome. Everyone knows theres 2 sides to every story.

I know lowmion got advice that he could say what he wants provided its true, but if he's in some way hiding something (not an accusation lowie) and comes unstuck then all our asses can be fried at KFC and the defamation that will follow? Do you have any idea how much defamation STARTS at ?

Im 52 and I have seen a lot. If you want to protect yourself then dont put your head on the chopping block if u know what i mean.
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

genius wrote:Mate, you should really have a go at fixing it. The damage isn't that bad. Lots of burned rubber and hoses but with a clean up i reckon your half way there.
No thanks mate, I paid my hard earned to have it repaired, as you're obviously well aware as soon as someone else 'fix's it' it changes the VCAT claim. See the VCAT claim is for you to pay restitution of $9,999.99 and I surrender the car to you, which you can then do with as you please - if I were to allow any work to be done to it, it would void the claim, so nice try mate but no cigar.
genius wrote:I remember seeing your thread on the starion site. You got booted off for speaking shit from what i read and the thread got locked for it.

Looks like theres so much bullshit flying around here thats gonna get Lowmion into trouble rather than help his car get fixed.

Shit canning people on a forum will not help lowmion or anyone else.
I'm well within my legal rights to tell the truth, there's nothing on this forum that will get me in trouble with the law, nor will it damage my case in VCAT, you're obviously trying to provoke a reaction, and judging by what you've posted in this thread you're privy to some information that no-one apart from Flav knew about the car, so Genius = Flav or Flav's mate?

Doesnt matter..

As for the Austarian site it would be good to see a link, I'm pretty sure that I refrained from going on it , but may have had a moment of weakness, again it doesnt matter, nice try at character assassination though, lol.
genius wrote:BTW.....Has ANYTHING been Proven yet or we all still guessing at this? I was thinking that if Flav got a Review for another hearing from vcat, then nothing Lowmion has shown the Judge previously held? Correct me if im wrong, but is that how they look at it? Im just asking here!!!! Doing an appeal in the AFL usually means theres more or contradicting evidence. Thats pretty much in any Law situation isn't it?

Im guessing it coz you didnt bring the judge donuts the first time.

It's been proven 'matey' , the judge told you though if you no-show again it will be open and shut [again]. It's good though as I'm sure you're aware I now have further information, got to see what you looked like again, bought a copy of the transcript from the hearing - yes you can do that too, (you should buy a copy and listen to yourself, classic), although getting Mia to take photo's in court is a bit silly as it's illegal, lol.

I surprised that you didnt recognise your ex-wife, Rachelle (the one who's chasing you for 15 years of child support), watching you go pale when you finally did realise was priceless, absolutely priceless.

So yes you'll get to go to VCAT , and then you'll get to go to the Magistrates court for the enforcement order and then the Supreme court.

Can't wait. :lol:
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

genius wrote:Im on no ones side mate. Im as neautral as they come. But continual bagging of people is something that people jump the gun at. Thats not just a single person but looking all over your starion site, and others, it seems to run a little rampant. What we all need to understand here is that if you make an accusation and it's found unbased or Incorrect then you become liable for that accusation and all the damage it has caused.

Your better off keeping to yourself and talk about it if and when you have an outcome. Everyone knows theres 2 sides to every story.

I know lowmion got advice that he could say what he wants provided its true, but if he's in some way hiding something (not an accusation lowie) and comes unstuck then all our asses can be fried at KFC and the defamation that will follow? Do you have any idea how much defamation STARTS at ?

Im 52 and I have seen a lot. If you want to protect yourself then dont put your head on the chopping block if u know what i mean.

Again nice try 'matey'

The advice came from Douglas Stone of Consumer Affairs Victoria, it's even in the case notes, it will be good to hear what you have to say in court in your defense, again I'll post up the outcome.

What other sites have I posted this on Flav?

Again please put up some links so we can all see,

As for a defamation law suit - you'ld have to take that up in the Supreme Court, and yes mate it's a two-way street, you'ld have to prove that I have lied about what I have posted up and then I would have the opportunity of seeking damages and compensation plus legal costs, (legal fees around $50k).

Again can't wait. :lol:
dirtygalant

Post by dirtygalant »

Any progress with this mate?
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

Not yet - still waiting for VCAT to resume and give us another appearance date, will be interesting to see how he intends to defend himself this time seeing as "no show" isnt an option :D
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

Mini update - Got the VACC certified assessor to do the assessment - figures right, lol, anyhow - still waiting for VCAT to make a date. Again cant wait .............

Message to Flavio or shouldnt that be Flavia? - what a biatch...........

" eat my shorts"

" you are now so screwed, I think you could even try to settle out of court and that I'ld still laugh"

"and do you realise that in court @ VCAT you said on record after swearing to tell the truth etc etc and I quote "Yes your Honour, I am the director/owner of Zoom Tuning. " end quote. Do you realise how happy that made your ex-wife and the ATO ? - She wasnt scared of you - she was struggling to contain herself - yes mate she's laughing..... :google: "

"So how about you pay for my car to repaired back to it's former (pre-Fire) glory and I'll drop the case :hit: "

"and whilst you can supply the parts to keep the cost down - you're paying for my mechanic's labour and any farck arounds :banh: due to bad parts being supplied :ban: and of course the respray from the front bumper to drivers pillar (being nice here) "

"You [Flavio Paul Sibilla of 2 Ada St, Doncaster, Vic] have 30 days from the time I posted this to respond, 21:16 28/01/2011, to my only and final offer - otherwise I'll cya in VCAT, and I know you've already been to Federal Court - which means those records are available to the public too ............ :facepalm: "
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

Lowmion putting the lay down haha, goodluck :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
leigh7005

Post by leigh7005 »

ANY UP DATES? this dude is lucky it was u and not me coz he would of been buried in a deep grave.thats why i work on my own cars and no one else if i stuff it i deal with it
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

^^ Starting to really belief this to. Do the work yourself, no one else. :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
genius

Post by genius »

Shit this has dragged on a bit! I remember seeing that car at a servo with Flav and some other dude in it. The bonnet looked like a ducks beak! Did some elephant sit on it ?? or u get angry again! :lol: