My Collection

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
GB_BB4C

My Collection

Post by GB_BB4C »

The car that started it all... PROBABLY REINCARNATED AS A HYUNDAI
Take one abandoned car bought for the family to use for Motorkhana's and Khan-cross’s for $100 which some how i managed to score in the end as my own. It was a 1.4lt Cyclone 12valve Auto GB Galant. Got it home, ripped the auto out and replaced with a 4spd that had been in the shed from when my dad used to drive Galant's when they were new. Kept stockish for about a year apart from changing to 14" rims a GH Sigma steering wheel, Cordia Turbo seats and converting from point's to electronic ignition using a Colt body and GH electronic internals. Then scored a free GH wagon to rape for brakes, motor and gearbox and a few incidentals. After taking 14litres of milkshake from the sump due to a slight head problem, the motor was stripped, a new head was sourced and the build began to make a fresh 2.6lt EFI 9.5:1 comp with a cam. This all blew into the car coming off the road and some other mod's being done. GH front strut's, GK Disc brake diff (locked) LC Lancer dash with standard gauge set-up and then all aftermarket gauges, OBX Daytona seats, boot mounted battery, surge tank in boot, CC Lancer rear spoiler and a week before it was to go in for a 1/2 cage i wrote the rear end off.

The Replacement.
Found a body at U-Pull-It and got it for $300, stripped it and sent it off for the 1/2 cage, cut the trans tunnel out of the old one and put it in the new shell. Cut the dash out and transferred the LC Lancer sheet metal over and modified the radiator support panel. Stripped the engine bay and undercoated it and has stayed like that ever since. Will be painted in Magenta with Silver stripes.

The car for my L's. GONE TO CAR HEAVEN
The Purple Beast (Madeira Red with Blue Pearl). Bought for driving while on my L's and wasn’t meant to be modified... yeah right. Started as a 1.6 that was stuffed and replaced with my original 1.4 from my first Galant, then came a fresh 2.6lt, Cam, Jap 5spd, Modified Pacemaker Extractors, 2" Sports exhaust, GH brakes (no booster), GK BW disc brake diff, TP Magna digital dash, Holden Barina Sport Seats, 15" ROH Reflex rim's, Grandpa Visor and Magna Elante Side Skirts.

The one i couldn't not have (while still on my L's).
Not being a huge fan of turbo's, I just couldn’t say no to this one. 1984 GK SE EFI-T. A neighbour used to work with the owner and had shown me some pix before and when i saw it for sale at a car show I just couldn't resist. all that I have done to the car since buying it is get a new exhaust made, fitted GSR front and rear spoilers and replaced the front and rear bumpers. I don’t plan on doing much else apart from driving it.

I’m bored of the wagon, time for a change.
Was looking for a while at old lancers and GE/GH sigmas and my dad spotted a GH PWS for sale. After inspecting it and seeing as all the PWS bits were there, which they were minus the decal stripe's... I bought it. All it needed was a carbie as the one that was on there was impossible to start. Screw that, EFI time till its 30yrs old then back to standard for Historic rego. Took the motor out of the wagon a dumped it into the PWS after changing the manifold. Took all the slotted brakes and braided lines off the wagon and chucked them on.

Getting hard to find bits, better buy what I can, while I can.
Looking around I found another GB roller that I just couldn’t pass on. $600 later it was in my possession. Its just sitting there gathering dust as it was only bought for spares.

NO ITEM’S ARE FOR SALE, DONT BOTHER ASKING!!
Last edited by GB_BB4C on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

GB_BB4C

Re: My Collection

Post by GB_BB4C »

Yeah, it was pretty fun to drive. Love Adelaide, no restriction's on what ya can drive on L's and P's. Its only a small turbo so boost comes on pretty quick (12psi). Took it out to Mallala Raceway for a couple of practice track days and found that the brakes didnt work too good as ended up in the kitty litter a couple of times. It was ment to be regoed last week along with the PWS but i went to check the oil level and found coolant in the sump so im just driving the PWS at the moment. Yay for me, more work yo do.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Thought id finally update my collection list....
Still have 2*GB Galant sedan's. One is awaiting paint then can be put back together, have to re-redo the 2.6lt EFI as the bottom end is stuffed (spun bearing possibly). The other one i am undecided on what i am doing to it yet. Although i do have all the stuff to make it look like a GA Galant.

The GD Wagon was stripped to nothing and cut up. If you saw how much rust was in it you would understand.

The PWS is sitting in the corner due to it having a motor problem. 1st 2.6 had a miss that i couldn't get rid of, 2nd 2.6 (the one that is for my GB Galant) spun bearing??, 3rd 2.6 (origional motor) stuffed ring's, 25psi compression on no 3cyl.

The GK SE Turbo is still up and running, 170kw at the wheels on 10psi. Still a few things to do on it.

My VK Valiant Regal is awaiting the rust to be fixed around the front and rear window, then to be sanded and painted. 265 motor, 245 head with 265 valves, e38 cam, e34 pacer 4bbl carby, torqueflite, extractors and twin system exhaust.

The newest addition's

AC Cordia Turbo thank's to colta51
Got this to strip the motor out of and will more than likely go into the spare GB Galant.

Due to the PWS stuffing up, i needed a new daily. I ended up with a 2000 Proton Satria GTi
Plan is to keep it standard for the moment and just drive it, i have enough project's without starting another one.
Last edited by GB_BB4C on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That sounds like a pretty good list.
Good stuff in all of them too. Sounds like the Val should be awesome :thumpsup:

I've always wanted a Proton Satria GTI too. I think they are a great looking car.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Yeah, mum wasn't too happy about all the car's (especially with my brother's collection growing aswell) so had to go and rent a 10x10m workshop/shed (brother had to do the same), then ended up buying the shed (so did my brother).

Yeah, can't wait to get the Valiant back on the road. Then me and my dad can cruise together (he has a VH Charger).

Yeah, the GH was broken and i saw it driving around one day at work with a 'for sale' sign. Rang him up and had a look, went back a few days later and bought it. Have always wanted one. Kinda screwed for parts though as most are in NSW and Vic

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

My brother is older then me.
He had 23 cars by the time he was 21. He sort of stuffed it for me. I wasn't allowed to bring much home.
I moved out of home when I got married, then wasn't allowed to bring many home either :think:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well i have another car...
Its another GB Galant. 1400cc of pure SATURN power, 4spd, 4 wheel drum brakes, Limelight outside, Black inside, usual rust spots, boot mat, books from origional owner.

Currently undergoing a full service. new hoses, oils, coolant, checking all steering, brakes.....
Has been sitting around unregistered for 10yrs. Keeping origional (except extractors and sterio) for historic rego purposes (cant afford to have 8cars on full rego)

shuggy

Post by shuggy »

hey man my 1st GC was drum all round, most dangerous car ive ever driven if you need some calipers and rotors contact me i have 2 sets here
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

The new galy is cool. I meant to ask you about the Satria last time I seen ya. What sort of money/km's are they fetching these days? My brother had an 00/01 GTI that he paid $26k for many years ago. It only had 24,000 kms on it and and he leant it to me and I drove it to the Summernats, then did the Great Ocean Road in it. Fantastic car except I slept in the car a few times on that trip and Recaro's were not so good on my back! Poor bastard needed a familyish type car a year or so after he bought it and traded it in on a Commodore - they only gave him $16k for the GTI. Not stoked at a $10k loss in a year :(. Be a great daily!
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

shuggy wrote:hey man my 1st GC was drum all round, most dangerous car ive ever driven if you need some calipers and rotors contact me i have 2 sets here
I have a few sets of Galant struts with disc's. Thanks anyway.
Shifta wrote:The new galy is cool. I meant to ask you about the Satria last time I seen ya. What sort of money/km's are they fetching these days? My brother had an 00/01 GTI that he paid $26k for many years ago. It only had 24,000 kms on it and and he leant it to me and I drove it to the Summernats, then did the Great Ocean Road in it. Fantastic car except I slept in the car a few times on that trip and Recaro's were not so good on my back! Poor bastard needed a familyish type car a year or so after he bought it and traded it in on a Commodore - they only gave him $16k for the GTI. Not stoked at a $10k loss in a year :(. Be a great daily!
I paid $9800 for the GTi with 116,000km on the clock, not many in SA most in Vic and NSW. Around $10,000 is what they are going for with 150,000km+.

Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Very nice mate - they are such cool cars and under-rated as most people don't know what they are! Would love one as a daily driver.
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Update.....
The PWS, Motor is in pieces and car is on historic rego sceme.
Yellow GB is on historic rego and gets driven atleast once a week.
VK Valiant is awaiting rust repaies around the window's.
GK Sigma (silver) is still in one piece and about to come back out for some car shows coming up soon
GK Sigma (beige) work in progress, fixing rust, attempting to install IRS....
White GB (race car) still awaiting paint.
White GB (spare) sitting there as spares
91 GTO up for sale...

Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Mate, and I thought my collection was stressful - I don't know how you do it! :)
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Shifta wrote:Mate, and I thought my collection was stressful - I don't know how you do it! :)
Little bit here and there on each one and they will all eventually be finished. Also having somewhere to store them when not driving them also helps. If ya get bored of working on one or waiting on parts for it you can work on another.

Picked this up last night too... An A53 16L. Will be out and about in a couple of weeks.

Hotwire

Post by Hotwire »

:o

Nice pickup :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Wholly crap! That thing is killa!
A112H

Post by A112H »

That is awesome, when did you get that? Where did you pick it up from? Mechanicals?
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

That gal hardtop is an amazing score! Where has this thing been hiding...
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

It's been hiding in SA for ever since Mitsubishi/Chrysler bought them over. I have only seen it cruising around in the summer month's of the last few years i have seen it and beeen chasing it ever since. Last Australia Day there was a cruise on and at one of the meet point's i finally met the owner and arranged to have a better look at it. It was not really for sale, but he let me have a look anyway and we came to some arrangment.

Mitsubishi/Chrysler imported (Australian delivered) 5 of them into SA. 2 of them were cut up for the designing of the GC/GD Coupes, the remaing 3 were dispursed to the big knob's at the time of Mitsubishi/Chrysler. One stayed here in SA, one went to Melbourne (was involved in a pretty bad accident and as a result was totaled) and the last went to New South Wales. The guy i got it off of has owned it for the past 20yrs and was hard for him to let it go.

Mechanicals and other stuff will come soon. Needs a few thing's fixed on it, so will update abit more as i do stuff. Lets just say it's not standard but is approved.

A112H

Post by A112H »

Mate that is fantastic, great score (H)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I met the bloke who owned this at the Sydney Motorshow in 2010.
Was a great bloke :thumpsup: (can't remember his name though?)

I'm almost a little bit surprised he sold it?
GB_BB4C wrote:I have only seen it cruising around in the summer month's of the last few years i have seen it and beeen chasing it ever since.
That's funny, because the owner told me he didn't drive it much, because people would follow him. So it was a cat and mouse game everytime he drove it so no one would know where he lived.

He's into Mopar stuff isn't he?

Your a lucky bugger being able to get hold of it. Nice score :thumpsup:

Dave...
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

75wagon wrote:I met the bloke who owned this at the Sydney Motorshow in 2010.
Was a great bloke :thumpsup: (can't remember his name though?)

I'm almost a little bit surprised he sold it?
GB_BB4C wrote:I have only seen it cruising around in the summer month's of the last few years i have seen it and beeen chasing it ever since.
That's funny, because the owner told me he didn't drive it much, because people would follow him. So it was a cat and mouse game everytime he drove it so no one would know where he lived.

He's into Mopar stuff isn't he?

Your a lucky bugger being able to get hold of it. Nice score :thumpsup:

Dave...
His name is Tony and he's into Mopar's.
Yes it is a cat and mouse game to get it home.
Yeah, it wasnt really for sale but things happen and i managed to get it, even though it wasnt something he really wanted to do.

orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

daamnn thats a nice car. congrats on your purchase. i remember when i first started looking for an old scjool mitsu/chrsyler (the search went on on and off for a few years) my old man was telling me about these and how there was only a hand full in the country. look after it shes a beauty
ddt

Post by ddt »

:-O
fantastic score -i hope your wallet didn't get hurt too bad in the process! There wouldn't be too many other cars on S-G with as unique a history as this one. Great to see it on the site.
"I'm excited!" (as Big Kev used to say)
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Doing a bit of stuff to the A53 and started putting this in... The origional speedo being in MPH and not KM/H.
Got it from Sprint Auto for $50 (on special), needs an electronic speedo drive for it to work. I had one lying around that i got from Gauge Works for $80 (this was many moon's ago) Bolts to gearbox and cable bolt's onto the sender (so an inline sender).
Not mounted in yet, just testing it.

ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

Nice,smart little car,I seen you driving it over the bridge at Old Noar a while back in my white LC.
Tony is a nice guy and let that little car go to move on to bigger things,He has recently become one of the very few Duster owners around ...other than myself.
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

what colour is yours.
i know tony has the blue one and Andys is orange.

ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

Plum crazy
A112H

Post by A112H »

You bringing it out to SMASA Show N Shine this year Dave?
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

everytime i see this car, i die a little inside.. i want one!! lol :p its a very nice car mate! good score :thumpsup:
N/A ALL THE WAY