Finally got it!

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Thanasis

Finally got it!

Post by Thanasis »

It's been ages since i was searching for my childhood Lancer and finally found it!Now it will be the start of a beautifull (and costly :)) journey restoring it to GSR rally replica!These are some pics of the car
mstrrab1992

Re: Finally got it!

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Welcome to da club. Nice starter lancer you go their buddy. cant wait to see the progress
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Thank you, the project will take several months as we will strip the car and reinforce the chassis and also search for an old horse L200 to take the 4g32.But we will not make it a rally bucket, we will keep everything else in its historic condition as rules allow us to,besides i will not be faster by deducting a few kgrs anyway. And by saying "we" i mean i ll let the professionals do all the stuff :). Thank again for the welcome.!
Pistol

Post by Pistol »

Welcome mate, and well done on finding that Lancer! Can't wait to see more pics as the project progresses!

Cheers, Paul.
Taz

Post by Taz »

If you get stuck ive got a 4g32 in aus from an LC
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Thankfully in Greece we have lots of L200 1980- models,in contrast with the Lancers and Galants(even my father owned a lancer and a L200 -damn if i had the brains when i was 18 not to let them go...),it would be more difficult to find the headlight bezel and the side "lancer" badge than a 4g32!But I will definatelly need your assistance as time goes by in the project!
Turan6

Post by Turan6 »

Hi Thanasis,
Could you tell me what the brand name and type of the alloy wheels?
Thank You!
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Hi! sry i have missed replying your question.Unfortunatelly i don't know because the car is schedualled to arrive for bodywork in the following days,and i still haven't seen it with a close look(i live in a greek island).The moment i will visit the garage i will try to check it!Happy new year!