GH Sigma wagon to Cape York and back!

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Glenzo777

GH Sigma wagon to Cape York and back!

Post by Glenzo777 »

Here's something different, this is my Sigma wagon in its glory days, we took it (or it took us) everywhere including Cape York in 1999. It was an old car then and people said we'd never make it, but we did and we had a ball! It was my work horse for 10 years and it had had a hard life before me showing all the tell tale signs of being a cut and shut, a big no no now days, but it hasn't fallen in half so must have been done well enough. It hasn't been on the road for 10 years now and as you can imagine is very sad, but I have owned it 20 years and it's a bit like an old friend, I just can't let it go. Sentimental fool I know but scrap is only $20 a tonne atm so it's pretty safe where it is. Have attached some photos and will try and recall some more adventures.[imgImage][/img]
Glenzo777

Re: GH Sigma wagon to Cape York and back!

Post by Glenzo777 »

Some more pics[imgImage][/img] me and my missus leaving for Cape York June 1999 [imgImage][/img] some of the roads on Cape York [imgImage][/img] we made it! [Image][/img] on the way home near Broken Hill [Image][/img] home! Note the grey exhaust pipe, you don't see that anymore. [imgImage][/img] the Sigma now.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

I would love to do something like that in my wagon. There is nothing stopping me...I have plenty of spare time. But I am a procrastinator and a gunna, sadly :(
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

This is a classic case of not needing to spend ur life savings to building a cover car

U can often get more enjoyment in using a workhorse rather than cleaning a show pony
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Cherish those memories mate..... Its these sorts of events that give our cars personalities
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

Thanks for your comments, I agree it is the experiences we have with our cars that give them personality, sadly all too often these stories/memories are lost, usually between ownership, I have great memories with this car, who knows, might get all inspired and put it back on the road lol.
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

Some more pics of the Sigma hard at work[imgImage][/img] It often looked like this while I was working on the farm. [imgImage][/img] The Sigma went through this no problems [imgImage][/img] another day on the farm.
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

I've been doing a bit of work on the GH wagon and have it running again and have the front all panel beaten back into shape. I spun off the road on a bend not long before it ran out of rego back in 2005 and damaged the front. I'll try and find a photo of then if I can. It's good to see it back in one piece and somewhat mobile again. :)
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

Image Here's where I had the engine running and trying out clutch, gearbox etc. The front suspension is pretty bad so not driving it anywhere.