81 GH Sigma SE

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Jasinex

81 GH Sigma SE

Post by Jasinex »

Hi Everyone,

About 2 years ago I found this GH up for sale on Gumtree and it turned out to be a really good find!

It required a small bit of restoration to bring it up to scratch but luckily most of the rust repairs were not too serious :P

I am currently using this car as my daily drive around and it runs like a dream!

Cosmetic work done:
- Both screens were pulled out and rust repairs done around the sills, with a new front screen going in due to a chip. Painted up all the sills (Can hardly tell any work was done :D)
- Some small paint touch ups here and there and that's about it! Paint is completely original and hasn't even had a good polish yet!
- Tracked down a set of Turbo Rims and gave them a good going over. (sanded them back, polished them, striped the paint and gave them a respray)

Mechanical work:
- New suspension all the way round
- Brakes were done
- New brake master cylinder (Old one was leaking)
- Heater Tap replaced
- A service (spark plugs, oil, filters etc.) got the engine running like a dream!

Interior is in very good condition, seats look like they have had covers on them there whole lives and look very tidy. Chucked a new pair of seat covers on the front and a new set of floor mats :P. Left the original AM radio in but took out the tape player so I could use the centre console. Wired in a New Head unit on the shelf under the glove box and replaced the 2 front speakers with some new 200w 4" pioneer speakers.

Apart from a couple of small bits and pieces here and there everything else hasn't been touched and the car is stock.

Here are a few photos I took today after putting on the SG stickers and giving it a wash :)

Thanks,

Chris

75wagon
Admin

Re: 81 GH Sigma SE

Post by 75wagon »

Nice tidy GH Jasinex
The SG stickers look good on it too :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
geezer101

Re: 81 GH Sigma SE

Post by geezer101 »

A really clean and straight GH there jasinex! Good to see you went the extra mile to fix up all the little things to bring it back up to scratch (the turbo wheels are a nice touch too) :thumpsup: