76 GD Wagon (daily Battle wagon)

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
VGJONO

76 GD Wagon (daily Battle wagon)

Post by VGJONO »

So yesterday i spent my day picking up some more Galants, figured i would start a Members rides thread on one as i intend to put a little work into it and then use it as a daily while i mess about with my sedan

So I happened to get myself a 76 GD Galant Wagon, paint is a bit crusty but the body is super solid, i havent found anything wrong with the body, and the only panel issue is the R/h guard has had a repair that seems to be relapsing and the guard has copped a hit, along with the front apron. It is fitted with a 4G37 1.8 (different, i know) and apparently is a top condition motor and just needs a bit of tinkering with the ignition system to get it to run.

The Plan: Despite what some of the pictures show, the paint is pretty crusty, with surface rust pooping through the paint in alot of places, so my plan is to give it a quick respray, Not in anything fancy, just a matte paint in my shed/backyard, maybe even rattle cans, who knows as im not too concerned as it will be a daily and not a show car, all that matters is that it looks badass and goes from a to b with a little bit of fun in between :thumpsup: Reasoning for the words "Battle wagon" is i am thinking the colour is going to be a Dark military green/olive, just because i think matte black is played out a little and wont suit a wagon.

Pictures

This made me chuckle a little, the cannon is large enough to devour small children or launch poultry from :lol:

Anyways more to come as i get stuck into it in the next few weeks

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
75glnt

Re: 76 GD Wagon (daily Battle wagon)

Post by 75glnt »

IMO? I reckon the olive green, you're hotwires and suspension, and some jdmasfxck stickers! And a tow ring! :D

Looking forward to seeing this beast come together :thumpsup: and as always, if ya need an extra set of hands? I'm always around the corner :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

I have a set of these i may run on it for a while first, mine are pretty dirty though
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Oh wtf! You get all the good stuff! :P 13 or 14s?
N/A ALL THE WAY
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

^ PERFECT! Now bin the back seat and flat panel the whole cargo area, turn the section where the back seat was into a concealed storage box and bang some driving lights on the front of it. If it was a total dog you could flush the rear doors and sides and turn it into a Galant hearse (H) The closest anyone got to doing that was a former member named NOI5SY - http://www.sigma-galant.com/memberlist. ... ile&u=1380 His wagon wasn't 'rough' as such but had some serious cancer lurking in it. It looked cool anyways IMO :thumpsup:
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I was gonna build a ga panel van.. Was gonna get a gb wags, throw a ga grille/lights in it, and sheet metal the rear end :P

N/A ALL THE WAY
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

widen the steel wheels and shove under the fattest rear tyres the car can hold
Built with pride, Driven in anger
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

No no no... You have it wrong :P

Widen the stock wheels, then throw the skinniest tyre the rim can hold :D slam the wags and enjoy ;-)

Haha :lol: jdmstyletuning!
N/A ALL THE WAY
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

nah, big fat fuckers in the rear...skinny lil pizza cutters up front and four straight pipe bending up under the front guard like a funny car ;)

Ol' skool pro stock style
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Nah, this will get more of a JDM style look with my own twists, kinda considering keeping the cannon for now for the lolz, aswell as it looks like it could launch a frozen chook and is rusty and crappy looking like everything else :P
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

You are starting to get a collection going there. :thumpsup: Where have you been finding these? I have been looking for a parts wagon for a while now. Must not be looking hard enough or in the right places.
1977 GD GALANT station wagon owned since 1988
webby

Post by webby »

VGJONO wrote:I have a set of these i may run on it for a while first, mine are pretty dirty though
These, tyres that fit, a bit of low and that matte olive green and you'd be set :thumpsup:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

175/50r15s fit :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

77GDWAGON wrote:You are starting to get a collection going there. :thumpsup: Where have you been finding these? I have been looking for a parts wagon for a while now. Must not be looking hard enough or in the right places.
that i am haha this is 1 of the two galants i picked up yesterday, and i dont know how, it just keeps happening, pretty sure ill get thrown out of home soon for having so many cars, but atleast i will have enough galants to make a fort out of them to live in :lol:
webby wrote:These, tyres that fit, a bit of low and that matte olive green and you'd be set :thumpsup:
Im now having difficulty with these, i will run them but for how long i dont know, they are off of the other galant of which my sister and father have claimed for a project of their own and they seem to have taken a liking to them. i have to hurry up and steal them :P
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Simmons B45's....one of the greatest wheels made....grab them for ur car
webby

Post by webby »

B45's don't really fit with a JDM-themed build though :P
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea b45s were cool.... Until I found these lovely jdm wheels :D haha...
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Step 1: make it run = complete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhIgK8rZON8

although we are still sorting out the ignition system, timing is way retarted and the idle has been turned up so it still idles and what not.
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

[quote="VGJONO"but atleast i will have enough galants to make a fort out of them to live in :lol: [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Picked up a $20 set of GD sigma seats to replace the bucket seat and the standard seat :) now i should be able to get in it and drive it :lol:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Have you bolted them in yet?
I gave away a GH SE pair I had, because they sat too high in the car, and I was rubbing my head on the roof (I'm not that tall).
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Havent bolted them in yet but i have a set similar in my sisters GA and have no problems driving it, although it is taller than a standard seat.

well trying to get out and work on it, bit warm today and im in no rush so im just taking my time with it, cleaned it out and took out the bucket seat, then my dogs realised it was open and decided to test it out lol, so far ive cleaned it out and it has become a jungle gym for 3 wolfhound x danes haha

once it cools down i will vacuum out all the pubes (not even doing a test, the cars been around for 38 or so years, bound to be a few pubes) and then fit the new drivers seat and take it for a spin :D

Cheers
VGJONO
davenq

Post by davenq »

I reckon sand it and paint it "rust proof" black.......just a thought....
Growing old is inevitable
Growing up is optional
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

So spent the evening painting the rear of the wagon as a test, used "Plasti-dip" and only used about 3/4 of a spray can which isnt bad, but being 25 bucks a can it could get costly real fast so probably best to buy a few liters of the stuff and use the air compressor and spray gun to do the actual job. anyways heres the results of "Camo green" plasti dip :)

This is just testing, when i do the real thing i will remove stuff like trim and tail lights ect. so i dont end up with any missed areas :)

Cheers
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Looks awesome VG :thumpsup: What about hitting the chrome with black plasti-dip for a more tactical look? The tail light frames look good in semi/matt black. Got a question about going down the plasti-dip path - is it classed as a respray due to the change in body colour and does that then have any issues with the cops? I know I'm throwing a wet blanket over your fire here but I'm curious as to where you stand in regards to the (stupid) laws when someone uses this stuff...
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Funnily enough, it looks like a factory colour :P

You're gonna leave that white bit in the tailgate? IT'S MINT! :D

Also, I agree with geezer. All chrome stuff, satin black :thumpsup:
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Actually got some black plasti dip for exactly that purpose, but after seeing it with the dirty unpolished and pitted chrome i decided against it, the dirty chrome just adds to the look IMO

with the color change and the police/govt, firstly IDGAF what they say, its as easy as peeling it off :) i will be registering the car as bronze/brown and then spraying it :)
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Just a few pics of it out in the daylight :)

Then threw a few stickers on the window :)

Cheers
ddt

Post by ddt »

:thumpsup: :thumpsup:
I'd keep the chrome trim as it is too.
some well worn SSR longchamps or similar (with or without flares) and it would be super-win
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Merv

Post by Merv »

That sticker makes me throw up a little in my mouth :think: