Bigfoots GH scorpion

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
bigfoot

Bigfoots GH scorpion

Post by bigfoot »

Because I'm lazy, I'm just going to copy/paste from my thread on oldschool.co.nz

I bought this thing back in august 2013 for the grand sum of $800 which was mostly aquired from a tax return
Half way home:
It badly needed slam, so after some discussion with my parts guy, we ordered some custom made springs (no listings for scorpion or gh sigma) from cobra(chaimberlains in chch I think)
I also chucked some mesh wheels on the front that were lying around home cos those SEI sigma wheels were ugly and the tyres are made of some form of anti grip compound
I did consider making the car look like this:

for maximum rake

How it ended up:

I drove it around for a few months until the carb shit its pants then it got parked up until today when it looked like this
75glnt

Re: Bigfoots GH scorpion

Post by 75glnt »

Tidy gh ya got there mate :)

So what's the plans?
N/A ALL THE WAY
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

How do you slam a Scorpion into the weeds? Turn it into a yard ornament for a couple of months and forget to mow :lol: Your Scorp looks like its in good condish except for that battle damage on the drivers door. What engine is it running - 4G63 or 4G52/54? And is that matching blue window tint? :o Hope you get it back on the road soon bigfoot, a carby isn't a big deal to sort out...
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

it sits 100mm to the chassis rails as it is, will look at lower in the future
Currently has a 4g54 auto, will be dropping my mildly worked 4g63 sohc from my lancer into it in the next few weeks, hopefully with the auto
Will I run into any issues that you guys can think of??
As far as I can figure out, this is the only scorpion in NZ and was brought over from australia in '89
There is another one on oldschool but its registered as a galant colt and has a 1600 or something in it
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

battle damage is a poor rust repair from a previos owner, there are a few of them that I need to get onto soon
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

Digging this thread up from the depths (and the car from my driveway)
It has been parked up since it blew the head gasket back in april.
Yesterday I picked up a sohc 4g63 and auto out of a 82 sigma done 128,000km for this beast
Can anybody foresee any issues with this swap? Will the power steering from the same car fit?