LC Lancer hatch

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
75wagon
Admin

Re: LC Lancer hatch

Post by 75wagon »

Thanks for the confirmation on that :thumpsup:
100mm is all I need. The standard cable just can't reach.
81GL wrote:Got some pictures of the finished(/ repaired) product
Ooops forgot, I'll see what I can do?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

The old head gasket

Sorry about the rubbish quality of the pics. I used my phone, and it doesn't seem to matter how hard i try, I just can't seem to keep the damn thing still while I push the button :@
Give me my old phone back anyday.

These pics were taken while I was holding onto a fluro light because it was dark. I think the neighbours were looking at me a bit weird :think:

Anyway, the pics as requested, the rocker cover, now gloss black (was tarnished alloy and covered in oil), and the air cleaner, now charcoal hammertone (was a combination of black paint and rust). Sorry I didn't take any before pics to show the difference. As you can see, the engine bay is not something that gets shown often. Unfortunately the paint job was only done on the outside of the car. All the openings are the original Mitsubishi Sports Brown :\

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
James

Post by James »

I was admiring this appearing in my rear view today from the lofty heights of my brown land rover. Beaut looking car, and makes me miss my LC a lot (and my LB for that matter). The only reason I wasn't more shitty when you blasted up beside me boxing me out of the merging lane was because I was alternating between shouting "cunt" and "fuck that's a great looking lancer" about 11tybillion times the rest of the way through wallsend.
So yeah, just dropped in to say hi, great work on the car, eat a bag of dicks, it looks good in orange and white and I hope you get some good times out of it if you ever get to take it to the track.

Jim
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That's pretty funny Jim.
Seriously though, I didn't cut you off, you were in a merging lane, and mine was moving faster :P

Anyway, I see the sticker worked.
James wrote:So yeah, just dropped in to say hi, great work on the car, eat a bag of dicks, it looks good in orange and white and I hope you get some good times out of it if you ever get to take it to the track.
All I've actually done to the car was add the wheels, the previous owner did the rest.
Don't know if I'll ever get it on a track, but that remains to be seen? It's just my daily.
And although suggested, I don't think I will be taking up in my diet... Thanks for the tip though :thumpsup:

Dave...
James

Post by James »

Well, when I've run out of lane and you've come up from behind and are still level with the side of my car (I could hear you accelerating and I had to brake pretty hard BTW) don't forget to give the bullbar a pat as it says hello through the passenger window. :P :hit:

I'm actually an old member of here from God only knows when, but my old login must have been purged as it's been ages since I was here.

Someone must have fitted the chain drive motor as the LC were all belt drive from factory. Not a bad thing as the chain drive motor is a much better motor.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

James wrote:Well, when I've run out of lane and you've come up from behind and are still level with the side of my car (I could hear you accelerating and I had to brake pretty hard BTW) don't forget to give the bullbar a pat as it says hello through the passenger window. :P :hit:
I appologise if my driving offended you, that was not my intention. The right lane was clear (and there was another 3 cars lined up behind you), and I intended to pass the Mirage in front of you as well, but decided to slow down a bit. I did not realise you had not seen me beside you until you blew your horn. Even my passenger asked what you thought I had done wrong?
James wrote:I'm actually an old member of here from God only knows when, but my old login must have been purged as it's been ages since I was here.
Depending on how long ago, you may have been on the old site? Everyone had to rejoin up to this one when it was redone.
BTW, welcome back to the site, although I'm sure I would have preferred for another reason for it. Any chance you might step back into the Old School Mitsu's?

James wrote:Someone must have fitted the chain drive motor as the LC were all belt drive from factory. Not a bad thing as the chain drive motor is a much better motor.
It's got a belt drive fitted.
See the plastic timing belt cover on the front.
As far as chain drives being better, I have always been of the same opinion, although this belt drive goes alright? It's got a mild cam advanced 1 tooth, and a down draught weber. It's in need of a tune atm, and a new aircleaner housing. The old one has cracked.

Dave...