Undies91 GN Sigma

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Undies91

Undies91 GN Sigma

Post by Undies91 »

Hey guys been here for a while and thought that i'd share a few pics and ideas with you guys.
In a nutshell i got the car about 3 years ago and it was my first car. i got it from one of my mates who fuel injected it with a TN magna fuel injection system extractors and K&N air intake.
since i have had it i havn't done much apart from put more km's on it and sound system.

some dents and a rust spot that i wanna remove

of recent times (last cruise) i noticed some oil in my radiator and was told it was an additive of the reconditioned radiator mixing with the coolant that i put in there
but upon further investigation i discovered that the head gasket had decided to shit itself. here are some pics of my radiator before dismantling the beast!!

Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
oh and fuel injected turbo
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Undies91 GN Sigma

Post by TUFSIG »

hmmm yummie lol
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

Car is up and running now after a full week of fart arsing around hhhmmm

running the best it has in 3 years now :P

some day i would like to turbo the old girl but i think that the engine now is close to retirement unless i do a full rebuild :o :o :| :|

before i turbo the beast i'd like to:
make some custom door trims (Lime Green and Black)
remove all dents and rust (worst shown above)
respray ( toying with midnight blue or that wicked looking green on the new VZ commo)
mags MAYBE pepperpots still deciding
soundproof the boot ect annoying the hell outta me every single dooff from the subs there is a rattle somewhere :( :(

i plan to take my time and do this build over quite a few years because atm she is my everydayer and i can't afford to run 2 cars atm :( :(

any suggestions or criticism will be taken aboard and thought about. :P :P :P

Catch ya

Undies91
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Looks like your car makes a pretty good cappuccino :thumpsup:

Glad you fixed it, doesn't sound like you had too many probs with it?
Undies91 wrote:respray ( toying with midnight blue or that wicked looking green on the new VZ commo)

What's the green of the new VE's? It looks mad...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

im pretty sure its a VE but its a metallic dark green and changes shade
slightly as you go around it.

i'll try to take a pic of one there are enough of em beating around
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

good old google here is the colour thats got me atm

Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Our cars and our goals are both pretty much the same, I look fwd to watching your car come together ,even if it takes a few years, Im sure Ill take the same time. I really like that green you have choosen too by the way.
Skidmark
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That's exactly the green I meant. Glad you like it too. If that colour was around when I was painting my wagon, well, you never know?
When you said VZ I thought you meant 'Hot House Green' which looks a bit like this..

There is always the method I used for choosing a colour.
Find a hot wheels car or similar that you like the colour of and take it to the paint shop.
This one was the inspiration for my wagon... The colour hasn't shown up very well, nor is it in focus, but you get the idea. This is a D Rod, by Jada toys, they have some really nice hot rods and things, with some really wild colours and schemes....

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

let me start off by doing something along the lines of this :banh: :banh: :banh: :banh: :banh: :banh:

As hard as it is hhmmmm siggy is coming off the road because the problem above hasn't been sorted so this will now become my project car for the drift world. :o :o :o

i am now going to try to save up to buy a SR20DET engine and fit that to the siggy and take up a new hobby. :P :P

the only up side to this thing is the new car im getting is an 05 lancer pics will be up when i get the car either tomorrow or tuesday. :thumpsup:

i plan on being a curious apprentice so my astron2 is getting stripped so i can find wtf went wrong!!!

looks like i am the new desegnated camera man on the cruises :\ :\
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Another one who will be enjoying some creature comforts :lol: looking forward to the pics.

With the astron, did you check between the valves for cracks, less common on the astron 2's but does still happen. Also, when you replaced the head gasket, did you get the head checked? hasn't gone soft or warped??

Hmmm... why the nissan motor? why not 4G63 ??

All the best.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

i am planning on crack testing the shit outta it lol
nah i really wanna find what went wrong so i am making it my new years resolution :P

and yea i dunno what i am goin to do as yet i gotta find out some more info before i start to make the old girl into a drift pig :D
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Why not buy a Magna and pull the bits out that you need and fuel inject the Sig?
Would be a really nice little project for you, plenty of advice and info is available to help you on here. Would be a lot cheaper than putting in a Nissan motor and getting it engineered (unless you're not worried about rego). But after it's injected you could plan the next stage- a turbo. Just a thought.

Dave...
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

It's already injected with a TN/TP setup.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

:facepalm: oops...
I should read things more..

Oh well, maybe it's time for a turbo...
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

Yea i was thinkin about getting a new head but i am already in the process of getting a new car so yea my project will be to try and fix it before rego runs out and see what happens :D

My parents will probably force me to sell it :( :(

i was thinking about a VR4 conversion but ???? im still twiddlin my thumbs with what to do
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

ok it's abou time i put up some pics of my new ride it's a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer has done 45,000km n lookin good :P

it will do me for an everydayer i guess 8-) i feel like a hairdresser drivin it :lol:

on another note here are a few pics of my GF parents VC Valiant that they want me to restore for the historic Bay to Birdwood run :P

as you can see alot of work is needed to get this going its been sitting in the shed since 92 and now they want it going again so i got the job ;-)
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Nice Lancer Undies.
There's some work in that Valiant. Looks like you are going to get to have a lot of experience with stripper and a spraygun?

Here's my CH VRX Lancer Wagon... Had it since new, just clicked up 70000km's on the weekend heading to Coffs Harbour and back.
Image Image

Yep, I'm a tool. But the photo opportunity couldn't be missed. (note sg sticker on rear window. It's got a big one on the back too.)

Dave...
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

so im not the only one on here with a new lancer awsome :P

i have finally decided what to do with my sigma

the plan is to do a cross between cottees build and Tufsigs scorp seeming as those guys have modivated me the most by reading their posts.

i am currently waiting for my dad to get a skip so we can clean out the shed 4 siggy :)
at least ill sorta have a workshop :lol:
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
davenq

Post by davenq »

Nice V.C....(but I am biased........)
Growing old is inevitable
Growing up is optional
kirkstanton

Post by kirkstanton »

75wagon wrote: Yep, I'm a tool. But the photo opportunity couldn't be missed. (note sg sticker on rear window. It's got a big one on the back too.)
hahahahaha that picture is classic! you look truly happy dave