[SA] All Japan Day 26/2/2012

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
AllJapanDay

[SA] All Japan Day 26/2/2012

Post by AllJapanDay »

Can you believe it has been 5 years already? And entry is STILL just $10, and it’s STILL free for spectators!

The Show About Nothing returns, and there are some huge changes to the format for 2012….nah, just kidding, you guys would lynch us if we did that!

Where: Wigley Reserve, Anzac Highway, Glenelg
When: Sunday, 26 February 10:00am-3:00pm

As always, we will be asking spectators for a gold coin donation on the day, and all profits from the event go to charity – this year it will be going to Australian Lutheran World Service, which does excellent work in a number of third-world countries. Visit http://www.alws.org.au/ for more info on them.

We knew it was going to be hard to top the Toyota 2000GT that made an appearance last year, but we think we may have done it - the much-anticipated ‘Team Monster Chef’ Shitbox Rally car will also be in attendance, raising money for the Cancer Council when it drives from Melbourne to Cairns in April 2012, so if you can spare some cash to help with fundraising efforts, your donations would be very much appreciated.

We’ve just opened up entries once again, so jump on the website – http://www.alljapanday.com.au – and come and join us once again for a relaxed day drooling over some of South Australia’s (and Australia’s!) finest metal.
A112H

Re: [SA] All Japan Day 26/2/2012

Post by A112H »

BUMP!!!
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Great event! No Colts this year but spreading the word and will be rockin with a bunch of spectators. You entering the Hardtop Jase?
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah mate, all ready to go :thumpsup:

Nervous as all hell but ready, lol
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Nice! It's a great event. I entered the Colts a few times and loved it. I should be catching up with some mates at the Watermark around 12 for a pint and feed if ya keen to catch up..... :)
A112H

Post by A112H »

Well the 5th AJD has been and gone. Sadly mine was the only RWD Galant there :( There were 2 Starions a white walled Sigma and a Scorpion but that was it for RWD Mitsubishi's.
Was good to catch up with shifta and Hotwire, got a chance to say hi to some VR4 friends from the past too.
The hardtop got lots of very good comments and heaps of people took pics. Fingers crossed the pics turn up all over the place and gain out cars some more interest. Hopefully this will encourage other to enter next year.
There are a lot of pics, 171, I will start with what Mistu's there were and then just randomly roll them out, enjoy (H)

A112H

Post by A112H »

And the rest, lol

But wait, there are more......................
A112H

Post by A112H »

The rest of the chrome bumper crew (H)

Now the steak knives
A112H

Post by A112H »

And finally the plastic fantastics

Got stickers?

itsaj1991

Post by itsaj1991 »

So I was there with the only sigma and it barely got a mention Haha feel the love
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah it was the only Sigma :(
As usual the RWD Mitsu's were under represented, your Siggy, one Scorpion, two Starions and my Galant

Welcome to S-G too, lol
itsaj1991

Post by itsaj1991 »

Haha yeah cheers man and Yup was not good... I drove there with 8 mates all in datsuns was the worst cruise there being the only sigma....
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Once again the best show I've been to since, well, last years All Jap Day! Love the format. Jase, aren't 4 door Galants Aussie built? That would explain the low numbers and the same goes for Sigmas. With the format of the day being imports, our SG community will never be massively represented. You know what we should do - start an All Mitsubishi Day. Ford do it, Holden do it, Chrysler do it. I reckon Mitsubishi would back the event with people like Luke from MMA and Flashy here on the forums working for them, I reckon we could pull it off. The show would attract a combination of import and locally built cars. I reckon we should do it!
A112H

Post by A112H »

I think it would work, but would you get spectators or just a bunch of entrants walking around all day? lol
AJD is for imports and locals of any Japanese owned company. Kenvv has been beofre and I thought he was entered this year too ?? Ken ????
But yeah, if a South Australian All Mitsubishi show is what you guys want, hit me with PM's from those interested and we can form a committee.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah you're probably right Jase but I personally would not feel comfortable entering a show car GH Sigma Turbo in AJD as I know they were built down the road. I think a lot of people would feel the same. For the Mitsi day, we could try to attract some headline cars like:
The LS1 9 sec GSR Sigma
The ridiculously immaculate silver/black GH Turbo that comes to Chrysler Shows and cruise but no other show seeing the guy is Valiant man
The various neat as Turbo Scorps that are around the place
Every granny spec Chrysler Galant you've seen with P plates on them :)

not to mention the forum members cars like ken's galant, Mikes cars, your car, and although not show worthy,my Colts etc. The only downside I could see would be whether we follow the AJD approval process so that any old beaten up Sigma could enter. Unfortunately the public would judge us on the quality of entrants so some sort of standards may need to be enforced...........
A112H

Post by A112H »

I agree, as you know AJD does require a pic and full description of why you think your car is worthy. Maybe we could ask for 2 or 3 pics?
There are many members on lots of other forums/clubs where we could get the word out. I think it would be a hit and if it isn't, Mannum is a sweet place for a bottle or 3 of red on a Saturday night and a sleep in Sunday, lol
Hotwire

Post by Hotwire »

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t251 ... ay%202012/

Dont know who owns this one:

So in love, would've taken this home if I could've!!

A112H

Post by A112H »

Sweet pics Lee, that 510 was very sweet indeed. Of course I am partial to the pics of the hardtop, lol
damian

Post by damian »

A112H wrote:Image
Bigmat's car - he's in the Celica Club with me - this car was written off at Mt Alma 2 years ago, and is almost finished being rebuilt.
(That same year an EvoX was written off, and it was his girlfriends car as his wasn't running for the weekend...)
Both these crashes were over the flying finish.

As Mats car was dragged back into the pits on the back of the tow-truck, Mat says "well, now I can do that wide body kit"

utube of crash - camera was mounted to rear view so a bit off to the side and a bit wobbly
http://youtu.be/TtJbdvMnyBQ

Mt Alma this year is 31st March and 1st April - I will be there with bells on as per last 2 years
Free entry - lots of mental cars, wandering thru the pits is awesome, and checking out the cars and chatting to the drivers is half the fun of going
http://www.mountalmamile.com/HowDoIGetThere.aspx

PS - yeah I'm a car club slut - I'm in 4 or 5...
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

IMO THE most beautiful Japanese car ever.

The Hardtop stands out between the EVO and the RX7. Nice work.
Still bummed that I missed the show in sydney last year, I was actually in Japan :sad: Can't wait for the next one.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485