REMINDER HANGING ROCK CAR SHOW 2013 (VICTORIA)

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
Andrew77

REMINDER HANGING ROCK CAR SHOW 2013 (VICTORIA)

Post by Andrew77 »

Hi All,

PM me if you're interested in attending Hanging Rock Classic Car Show being held on Sunday 10th Feb 2013.

Anything built 1988 or before can attend. 25 year minium age.

Please see link and posts below for further details: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8402

Hope you can attend.

Cheers

Andrew :thumpsup:
Last edited by Andrew77 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Andrew77

Re: REMINDER HANGING ROCK CAR SHOW 2012 (VICTORIA)

Post by Andrew77 »

You won't be disapointed.

This show is Classic Car Utopia!!!!!

Aussie & US Muscle, Classic Jap, British & European, Trucks & Bikes

Check out posts from last years show.

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=14332

It is well worth the early start and the trip.

Your car doesn't need to be in show condition, if it was built 1986 or before, has 4 wheels, drives and resembles what could be considered by the discription of an 'automobile' in the Oxford Dictionary it can go on display.

What was embarrassing last year was there were more Isuzu Ballet's there than Mitsubishis, WTF!!! Can't let that happen again!!!

So far got 2 of the guys from AUStarion.com attending plus myself with my Galant, surely there has to be more than 3 Classic Mitsubishis kicking around that can attend!!!

A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah, good luck with that Andrew, lol
Great idea and looks like a really good show with a nice mix of cars but the Victoria arm of S-G haven't managed a local cruise yet, slackers I say, lol
Andrew77

Re: REMINDER HANGING ROCK CAR SHOW 2013 (VICTORIA)

Post by Andrew77 »

Details for 2013 meeting place

Direction to meeting point are as follows:

Meeting time is 8am in Romsey for 8:15am departure.

Directions to Romsey:

Heading out of Melbourne , travel on Tullamarine Freeway as if you were heading to Melbourne Airport .

Continue past Airport following directions to Sunbury on Sunbury Rd (C743)
(Tullamarine Freeway becomes Sunbury Rd behind Airport) Continue through Bulla on the C743

Just before Sunbury turn right at roundabout onto the Melbourne - Lancefield Rd (Signpost: C325 Lancefield).

Continue up Melbourne - Lancefield Rd until you reach Romsey.

Drive into Romsey and at the Mitre 10 Hardware Turn left in Barry St (Signpost: Woodend A79 To Calder Fwy)

Meeting point will be on Barry St 150m from the Mitre 10, on the Left.

Hope to see some of you there.

Regards,

Andrew
Last edited by Andrew77 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

The one year I miss the show, someone from here goes lol. I couldn't get my GE Sigma ready and registered in time, so looking forward to going in 2013! I'll be there in my golden GE Sigma SE.
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

Andrew77

Post by Andrew77 »

Hi All,

Last 2 years attended this car show with the AUStarion Forum and thought I might see if any Sigma-Galant forum members would be interested in attending

The date for this years Hanging Rock Classic Car Show.

put it in your diaries:

10th February 2013

In previous years there has been over 4500 classic cars in attendance, we managed to get 3 AUStarion cars there in 2011 and 2012. Those who attended had an awesome time. See photos below.

This year there are strict admittance regulations, all cars have to be 1988 or before to qualify for display. $20 per car entry fee.

Looking at meeting as group in Romsey, about 15min away and arriving as a group, this will ensure we are all grouped together. Hanging Rock is located about 1 hour north of Melbourne via Calder FWY or Tullamarine FWY then Lancefield Rd.

Hopping to get the Sigma- Galant forum along with the AUStarion forum involved and get a large group of classic Mitsubishis represented. At last years display Toyota & Nissan/Datsun owners club had a good turn out hopping we can beat them this year. In 2012 Toyota Car Club took out Best Club exhibit award

Regardless of where you are it is worth the trip. Car quality is not a big issue, it will be good to all get together and meet fellow Mitsubishi forum members.

Please reply to this post if you're interested in attending or have any further questions. Keep an eye on this topic for further info close to the date. and check out official website www.picnicathangingrock.com.au

Cheer

Andrew77
BAD-SIG

Re: REMINDER HANGING ROCK CAR SHOW 2013 (VICTORIA)

Post by BAD-SIG »

Im leaving home now with the family to go to the event, should be a great day! Hope to see lots of old Mitsubishis and Chryslers there! I'll be there wearing a white t-shirt with a blue Sigma Turbo stamped on it if any one wants to say hi.
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989