Whos up for a Melb cruise?

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
unique10

Whos up for a Melb cruise?

Post by unique10 »

Gday everyone, after speaking with 75wagon and seeing how good a cruise can be with a group of forum members ive decided to see if i can try and organise something to show the rest of Australia how much better Victorias cars are.....lol, i hope i dont pay for that remark :P
Anyways, of course before anything is organised we have to see a show of hands who would be up for something like this as well as where you all would like to meet and when.

I know between myself and afew very dormant forum users thats 3 cars so far. so c'mon, lets meet up and put a face to some screen names as well as have some fun crusing around in the reasons why were part of this forum!

look forward to the responses
Sime.
camB

Re: Whos up for a Melb cruise?

Post by camB »

If it's in the school holidays I think I can make it to a Melbourne one. Although if you're hoping to embarrass the inter-staters by the quality of Victorian cars... perhaps I should stay home. :$
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

It's not about quality, but quantity.
The head turning cars will be things of inspiration to the rest.

Suggestions for time and place would be good. We've all been waiting for the Vic members to get this together, so speak up and let unique10 know what you want and where you want it.

ISKA8 I know you are up for this.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

as long as it's in the day i'll be there on a permit :lol: as it's got no reg yet other wise if at night i wont be in the scorp :( any location is fine with me as im basically in the middle of melb :thumpsup:
Current Cars
-GJ Scorpo Turbo (Current Project)
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)
-74 RX3 12A Coupe (13B Extend Port)
-HR31 Passage GT (New daily) 4 Sale inbox for details

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
-GL Scorpo (Immac std 58000ks)
-GK Scorpo N/A H/C (RIP 146.8rwhp)
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

yes :D ...im in the eastern suburbs
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

put me down 100%,any place anywere any time!! it would be about bloody time too :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
355sig

Post by 355sig »

i will in 2 weeks guys i just wanna weld the diff before i go any where ... there is power mania on the 17th sep at winton raceway and also young guns burnout comp at heathcote <<< im young gun lol
unique10

Post by unique10 »

ok beauty, so weve got a handful of cars already keen on the idea, so it seems good to go ahead with it. i figure we'll give it afew more days to let the inactive forum members have a say if they want to, then we will go ahead and post a set date.

as for ideas of where and what to do; theres the whole drive along the beach type of thing, but there not the best driving roads i firure as speed bumps and traffic lights annoy me. i know ive got to cater for everyones tastes but an idea that i had was doing a run through the woods up north, maybe a tame black spur run, at the speed limit of course. could take some nice pics, support some locals and the rest. however it might be too far away for some. anyway, its just a thought. if you like it or if you have any others please go right ahead and throw them up.
355sig

Post by 355sig »

im on straigght gas no big pricey petrol for me :)
yeah lights and bumps annoy me preffer to steer away from the the blue and red lights but a nice cruise would be good up sticks or to sorrento or phillip island cruisey each way
Sigmoe

Post by Sigmoe »

lets do it im keen as anywhere anytime
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

Hi all, this is a great idea and while I will be unable to make any run for a couple of months due to home reno's I have started and must finish, I would be more than happy to cruise across the border another time.

As for places to go may I suggest Tim Neville Arboretum @ Bayswater (loads of parking, playground, picnic area and ducks). Did a run there with the sidevalve Ford club a couple of years ago when I was silly enough to have a couple of sidevalve Fords :P
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

sounds like a good idea. i'm in the south eastern burbs
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

com'n guy's we putting a date up soon for a cruz... :think: :think: :think:
Current Cars
-GJ Scorpo Turbo (Current Project)
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)
-74 RX3 12A Coupe (13B Extend Port)
-HR31 Passage GT (New daily) 4 Sale inbox for details

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
-GL Scorpo (Immac std 58000ks)
-GK Scorpo N/A H/C (RIP 146.8rwhp)
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Depends when it is as to whether I can come or not. Ive been really lazy the last few months and havnt got my GE regod yet, but as soon as i sell my clubby thats the first thing im going to do. Just need to find the time
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

man a few of us guys are from the western parts of melboure,can we organise somewere closer to here? in saying that im willing to go anywere so long as i get to do a few tyre tearing burnouts ?? :D
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

why dont we organise a run to clader park???

It's in metro melb, theres a maccas 5 mins away at Talyors lakes, or theres a BP and maccas 5 mins past the track (outbound) and the same on the inbound side of the freeway.....so u can grab ur feed and the 98 octane fuel (assuming u'll run it)

for the burnout guys.....enter the cars as a drag event car, and do the big burnouts in the water burnout area

as long u dont hold the car still for too long and u keep the car rolling foreward past the Xmas tree lights....the officials won't tell u off....oh, and no donuts...obviously

plus it gives the drag guys and tuning guys to take the racing a bit more seriously and run for PB

Just a suggestion...nothing more
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Wolverine69

Post by Wolverine69 »

Hey guys im new here, just wants to ask if anyone here on club reg or historical plates???
Whats the go????
unique10

Post by unique10 »

wow, ok its been a fair wait and i apoligise for my absence guys but i figure we best get on with it.

calder might be an alright idea as there is a special even coming up known as 'mopar nationals' held on december the 3rd (saturday).
its basically $10 bucks for a car load of people and to display your car (chryslers) and $25 if you walk in per person. $80 to run your car is street category but you have to pre enter via the website.

ok its not a cruise as such but its a meeting in the near future. still open to ideas too for upcoming summer drives too - ac or not!
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Any updates? I'll be up for a cruise as soon as my GE Sigma SE is registered (club rego). Should be ready to go in a couple of months
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989