Chryslers on the Murray

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
2Lgalant

Chryslers on the Murray

Post by 2Lgalant »

Ok so I went to chryslers on the Murray this year and was disappointed that there was only 1 galant hardtop there ( even it was a charger mock up with r/t stripes and webers ) but I still loved it .

So what I'm getting at is why doesnt anyone go I know for sure if I can save up for accomidation I'm heading down in the gc or if the gb is finished I'll head down in it.

So for the anniversary next year is anyone else going or am I going alone
75wagon
Admin

Re: Chryslers on the Murray

Post by 75wagon »

I'm not promising anything, but my wife and I were planning on heading down in the wagon.

I found out about it this year, but only days before.

I certainly would be interested in a group meet up there. It's pretty central to NSW, Vic and SA.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Yeah that's exactly why I was like it's so close to everyone. So if we do have a group meeting has anyone got a big sigma-galant.com banner to put up I notice a few people were promoting there clubs with them and stuff like that maybe you could organize one Dave being in that sort of business lol
webby

Post by webby »

I have doubts the GE will be ready in time, but I may come along for a look.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
unique10

Post by unique10 »

im a regular at the event for the past few years although ive been going with my valiant. next year ill be going up with the new galant to 'represent', lol. its a pretty great event with a lot of cars to look at and a good few stands to walk across - although stands are probably better for valiants parts wise.

im actually mates with the guy who owns the charger mock up galant, and his sons (my good mate) part of this forum too whos building up another galant. being one of the only galants this year he got ALOT of attention from people who were loving it, even amoungst all the hot chargers and american muscle it stood out and stole the attention. should be good to see few more of the little beasts there next year.
A112H

Post by A112H »

It is a long way for me to push the hardtop, lol
I would love to attand once it is up and running. Can you you trailer cars in or do they need to be driven? The hardtop will be fully drivable but not really set up for interstate travel, suspension will be too stiff :)
Do you have any pics?
webby

Post by webby »

Just harden up and drive it you sook :lol:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

You sure can trailer them the hardtop last year was trailered and ive got picks of it I'll upload them when I get a chance. It really is one good example of a galant. What really got my attention was the 2.6 with twin webers and looked good in r/t grey
A112H

Post by A112H »

Shut it Webby :hit:

I think the guy that owns that R/T Galant is on the site, I have seen it in someones avatar.
unique10

Post by unique10 »

just found him, his names wheelbarrow, got a pic of it in his avitar. ill upload some pics if i can find any
webby

Post by webby »

Sorry. Just teasing :P
-Josh.
A112H

Post by A112H »

lol, all good mate :thumpsup:
I would love to drive it over but it really will be too stiff for the 10 hour drive. But all goes well my next project will be a sweet tow car ;)
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

So this year is quickly disappearing fast and next will be very soon if people are going to cotm I would advise booking rooms very soon if there all not already booked out
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

im hoping to drive up next year
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

2Lgalant wrote:...would advise booking rooms very soon...
If my Chrysler is on the road by then, I might take it down there. As for accommodation, I can just fold down the back seat and sleep in the back. Like this:
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Ok change of plan with me doesn't look like I'll be taking the galant now either my cm or dads pacer so yeah hope to see you guys down there in a few weeks
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

So how many of you are we going to see next weekend ;)
ted

Post by ted »

Im going tomorrow i live in wodonga
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

sadly, im stuck at work..........providing i can get the dates of next years show early enough.........i can go next year
Built with pride, Driven in anger
unique10

Post by unique10 »

i was driving up on friday after packing the car and waiting all day for everyone to gather so we could drive up in a convoy. just before shepparton i came onto boost over taking a mate and shredded the clutch, and was left of the side of the freeway for a few hours till a mate came with a trailer. fml, worst day ever. this was i spent all weekend putting the turbo back on to get it regestered.

hope you guys had better luck.
ted

Post by ted »

Thats shithouse man!! Sorry to hear.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Yeah that sucks wasn't that fun of an event anyway bloody mud everywhere I slipped over twice in the mud