Sydney cruise/Meet 26th/27th March 2011

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
Nath76LA

Sydney cruise/Meet 26th/27th March 2011

Post by Nath76LA »

Where will the event be located? Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool/Parramatta Park

What date is it organized for? 26th/27th March 2011

Information on cruise details:
- Every last Saturday there is car show at Harry's Cafe De Wheels at Orange Grove Markets, Liverpool.
On Saturday 26th March 2011, for anyone that would like, we will be meeting at Mcdonalds Wentworthville and travelling down the Cumberland Hwy to Harry's Cafe De wheels Liverpool (or if you would rather meet everyone at Harry's then that is fine). Meet time at Mcdonalds is 3.15pm. We will be leaving Mcdonalds no later than 4.00pm as we need to be at Harry's at about 4.30pm.

- On Sunday 27th March 2011 we will be meeting at Mcdonalds Wentworthville for breakfast then after breakfast making a short trip down the road to Parramatta Park where we will be having a BBQ and look at each others cars. Planned meet time is for 9.30.

- Anyone that is travelling from a long distance, if they would like, can stay at the Formula 1 Hotel at Wentworthville which is a good central location to both venues.

- Below are links for Harry's Cafe de Wheels, Formula1 Hotel and Mcdonalds. An approximate price for anyone that needs accomodation at the Formule 1 Hotel Wentworthville is about $70 a night but you will need to confirm price with them as prices may very.

Harry's Cafe de Wheels:
http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/Lo ... rpool.aspx
Shop1/ 20 Orange Grove Road
(Viscount Place, Liverpool Megacenta)
Liverpool, NSW 2170
Phone (02) 9601 3607
Fax (02) 9601 3607
Email liverpool@harryscafedewheels.com.au

Formule 1 Hotel Wentworthville
http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/booking ... list.shtml
377-383 Great Western Highway
Wentworthville 2145
(02) 9769 1240

Mcdonalds Wentworthville
http://mcdonalds.com.au/find-us/restaurant
CNR. BERITH ROAD & GREAT WESTERN HIGHWAY, WENTWORTHVILLE, NEW SOUTH WALES
Ph: 02 9896 2522

Anyone that plans on attending, could you please fill out your details below. Thankyou

Name:
Car:
Dates of attendance:
Where you'll plan to be meeting us if you're attending on Saturday (Mcdonalds Wentworthville/ Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool ) :
Other Info:

Nath
Last edited by Nath76LA on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1976 Galant Hardtop
Nath76LA

Re: Sydney cruise/Meet 26th/27th March 2011

Post by Nath76LA »

Some pic's of a previous car show at Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool

1976 Galant Hardtop
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Count me in.

Name: 75wagon
Car: 1975 GC Galant Wagon
Dates of attendance: Both Days
Where you'll plan to be meeting us if you're attending on Saturday (Mcdonalds Wentworthville/ Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool ) : Wenty Macca's at 4:30 Sat. Parra Macca's 9:30 Sun.
Other Info: Looking forward to another meet up, hopefully we'll get some cars/owners I haven't met yet too :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Hi Dave,
Wenty Macca's at 4:30 Sat
Departchure time from Mcdonalds on Saturday is 4.00pm

Looking forward to seeing you there. :thumpsup:
1976 Galant Hardtop
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Name: ozgdgalants
Car: Galant-sigma or Galant-Galant
Dates of attendance: saturday & sunday
Where you'll plan to be meeting us if you're attending on Saturday (Mcdonalds Wentworthville/ Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool ) :
Wenty McDonalds Both Days
Other Info: Just a reminder to the members staying at the Formule 1 Motel to book EARLY?????.

Also any S-G Members that no of other members that came to the last Parramatta park run but have not replied please send them a PM to let them no about this run is on?. And any others that would like to come along that don't have a S-G on the road & need a lift please bring them as more members that come the better??? thanks ozgdgalants Wayne&Steven.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Name: metry
Car: Lancer (if its regoed now the pressure is on)
Dates of attendance: both days
Where you'll plan to be meeting us if you're attending on Saturday (Mcdonalds Wentworthville/ Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool ) : idk atm. ideally the maccas
tre04z

Post by tre04z »

Name: tre04z
Car: Lc lancer hatch
Dates of attendance: sunday hopefully
Where you'll plan to be meeting us if you're attending on Sunday:
Parramatta park somewhere with more room than last time
Other Info: i am working saturday nite from 630pm till 630am sunday so wake me up when you guys get there.

sorry new job so new hours and stuff will do my best to be there but will be tired.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

BUMP!
Just over one week to go.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
gaPhil

Post by gaPhil »

I'm goin to miss this one sorry guys.

Flat out with work and too much on the weekends.

I'll be at the next one.
71 GA Galant - Project
Build thread is here: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5600
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

Name: 77galantv6
Car: gd galant
Dates of attendance: both days
Other Info: i'll be heading down with dave on the saturday
then staying at a friends place that night, then meet up with eveyone on the sunday
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

ok i dont think my lancer will be ready by the weekend. will be able to attend the car show. not entering but as for the sunday ill probably be spending it on the car.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

metry wrote:ok i dont think my lancer will be ready by the weekend
Have you got it rego'd yet?
metry wrote: will be able to attend the car show. not entering but as for the sunday ill probably be spending it on the car.
You should come on the Sunday even just for a little bit. tre04z will have his white LC hatch there. You will want to see it, trust me. I will make sure I'm getting pics of it this time too, he managed to take off before I starting taking photos at the last Parramatta cruise. DanTurboLancer did manage to get it in one shot though?

Dave...
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

cars not regoed yet. going to the pannel beater to get him to match the bonnet and ive founda bit of rust on the bottom of the back right guard so thats getting cut out. ideally id love to have it ready but i dont wonna rush things especially with rust repairs. im getting it cut and welded cause it looks like to have been dodgely bogged up. dont like doing things twice. may aswell do it once properly and never have to worry about it
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

This is on the sunday if anybody is keen to check it out after catching up at parramatta park....
[NSW] THE-LOWDOWN.COM 1st BIRTHDAY BASH + JDMST MARCH EOMM
It’s on again! Come down and celebrate THE-LOWDOWN.com turning one with a crew of other Sydneysiders and their cars. Our first meet last year was a huge success, so we’ve teamed up with JDMST & BODYFORM to do it all again.

For the last decade Bodyform have been putting out the most immaculately presented cars on the street, with craftsmanship and attention to detail that you won’t find anywhere else. Our location for this meet is the new Bodyform workshop in Smithfield, so let’s make this a warm welcome.

On the day there will be a sunday BBQ lunch going with a few background tunes, plus a couple of raffles with prizes. As part of Bodyform’s grand opening celebrations, Peter will be raffling off a $500 voucher valid for work at Bodyform. We're also on the lookout for our next batch of feature cars! You’ve got to be there to be in the running!

Here’s what you need to know:

Date: Sunday, March 27th

Time: 11AM – 3PM

Parking: Please refrain from blocking other vehicles when parking yours, DO NOT park on the driveways of neighbours complexes and avoid parking around the bend right before the new Bodyform complex. We've ensured that there will be plenty of parking available for everyone to attend, so if you've entered the complex and a spot isn't available, please move on towards the street where plenty of street parking is available. Also, please ensure not to be loitering around Woodpark road in groups whilst traffic is passing by.

Prizes: The Bodyform raffle will commence towards the end of the meet at approximately 2:45pm, so be sure to stick around to claim your prize. Tickets will be available throughout the day, $5 a ticket or five for $20 to win $500 to spend at Bodyform!

RULES & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:

When entering or exiting and during the meet, there is to be:

- NO excessive revving

- NO burnouts

- NO loud music

- NO inappropriate behaviour

- Please ensure that all rubbish is left in the bins provided

- The complex’s CCTV system will be running throughout the day, ANYONE that is seen acting inappropriately will be reported to the police

- Please note that our friends in blue will be doing a few checkups throughout the day to ensure everything is running smoothly. Refrain from acting up and we won’t have any problems

THE-LOWDOWN.COM will make every effort to keep complications to a minimum, but we will take no responsibility for anyone’s attitude, driving, accidents or for any defects or fines issued. Please be cautious around other vehicles and pedestrians, watch other drivers and pay attention to the road.
'77 Galant V6....

webby

Post by webby »

I'm going to have to give this one a miss, maybe the next one? lol, I've been saying that since December '09 :P
On a serious note, my car's still without an engine or rego. I WILL make the next one though.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

ok guys can make both dats and will be able to meet at maccas on the sunday and maybe the saturday. if not ill meet you at harrys on the saturday. can someone pm their number so if i get lost i can call them or find them when i get to the event

cheers
alex
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

77galantv6 and I are leaving shortly to go down.
It will probably rain (looking what the sky is looking like here), but we're coming anyway.

Look forward to seeing who turns up.

Dave...
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

ill be there (Y) with my old man ofcourse. still havent got used to driving the car yet
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

hey guys. im going to be a little late to the picnic. hopefully be getting there round 11ish mid day
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I just got back from this about an hour ago.
I had a great time, and thanks to all of those who also attended.
Saturday...
Harry's went off on Saturday night. There were modified and restored cars everywhere. To many to take in infact. They just kept rolling in and out all night.
I didn't take any photo's this time (sorry), I spent more time talking crap then anything else really?

Sunday ...
Parra Park was a little wet but a good meet up. A select few attended and a few laughs had by all.
Unfortunately metry couldn't attend, and he missed seeing tre04z's Lancer hatch and and the infamous GTO from the last Parra cruise.

Harry's cruise is definitely going to happen again. :thumpsup:

Soonish.

Dave...
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

OMG THERE WAS A GTO THERE.

man i got caught up at my great aunts 40 day memorial service. today they decided to do the extended edition of the mass. it went for 2 hours plus we had to go eat with mums cousins. ah well always a next time. maybe next time ill see your lancer dave (Y)
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

OMG THERE WAS A GTO THERE.

man i got caught up at my great aunts 40 day memorial service. today they decided to do the extended edition of the mass. it went for 2 hours plus we had to go eat with mums cousins. ah well always a next time. maybe next time ill see your lancer dave (Y)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

metry wrote:OMG THERE WAS A GTO THERE.
The one thing I have learnt is, there is always a surprise at every cruise.
Thanks Tony for bringing the GTO out again. I really appreciate it.
You know how much I love that car :thumpsup:

Dave...
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh next time who knows what will turn up.

ps the sg sticker looks really good. (Y)
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

dave, that meet that i mentioned was on.....
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthr ... EOMM/page2
'77 Galant V6....

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I see fon22y was there and the Corona Wagon from Harry's too.
Looks like it was a good meet up. I don't think my wagon would have fit in too well though :think:

Dave...
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Shame I couldn't make it out but I did spend the day making sure I get to the next meet (fkn wiring :@ )
Slightly off topic, I saw fon22y's car at the sydney datsun club meet in prospect a few weeks ago and it's pretty gnarly. Not quite my thing, the look of the car is trying to be too modern IMO but after stumbling across his thread over on JNC I discovered he's running an old school twin cam (2tg? not quite down on my yota nomenclature) which wins points in my book.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi All i just wanted to thank all the S-G members that come along & supported the Mitsub/Chrys brands at Harry's the galants/lancer sure turned some heads? about time we gived the mazda & Datsun toyota boys something different to look at?.

Saturday nite WoW it was a great nite all brands types of cars rolled in & out all the time we were there so much to see & talk about.

For the people that missed it theres allways next time.

Sunday it started a little wet but as i got to parra park it cleared up for a while we all had a chin wag checked out the cars & that GTO Wow when i win lotto i want one love it?.

Once thanks to all that came you guys made it a great time.
Top points to the Newey/Galant boys for coming down it's not just around the corner? well done another great S-G run to look back on? & remember for ever.
cheers Wayne & Steven [ozgdgalants]
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Thanks all for coming. It was a great Saturday night/sunday.
Yeah Harry's was really good. Keen to do it again soon. Will put some pic's up soon.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

ozgdgalants wrote:Top points to the Newey/Galant boys for coming down it's not just around the corner?
Not even a freeway that was blocked all day stopped us :thumpsup:
We turned off at Ourimbah and took the back roads through to Somersby to avoid the blockage.
There was a Concrete beam that had dropped off a truck, and ended up blocking north and South bound lanes on the freeway for those that didn't know. We were late, but got there eventually. We were in 1st gear moving one car space at a time for about 20 mins.
ozgdgalants wrote:Saturday nite WoW it was a great nite all brands types of cars rolled in & out all the time we were there so much to see & talk about.
Yep, agreed. Was a fantastic night always with someone from somewhere yelling look at this.
It's the biggest thing car wise I think I have ever been too. We (77galantv6 and I) will be back.
Nath76LA wrote:Will put some pic's up soon.
Come on Nath... where are they?
Sorry, I didn't take any this time :(

Dave...