EOI in Sydney cruises?

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
75wagon
Admin

EOI in Sydney cruises?

Post by 75wagon »

I gave up on the last due to lack of interest, which was a shame.
Just wondering if there is any interest in trying to get another one up and running?
Basically just for the moment I'm after numbers for who would be interested in attending if one was organised, and maybe suggestions for when and where?

I thought maybe going back down to Parramatta Park? That seemed to be a popular one and suited people being able to come and go as they pleased. Also suitable for both Wollongong and Newcastle members as they don't have to travel too far?

Any thoughts or interest in this?

Basically, I miss the cruises...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GC75
Admin

Re: EOI in Sydney cruises?

Post by GC75 »

Im down :thumpsup:

i miss the cruisers to, despite being able to get to one yet!
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

I'm definately up for another one.

My problem is that I don't have a early Mitsubishi that I can take, but hopefully by about April that will have changed. I'm also on call for work every third weekend but if we have one when I'm on call at Parramatta I can more than likely make an appearance.

I'm sure my dad and his mate with the GTO will be ken for another one.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
tre04z

Post by tre04z »

yes in. Tried to make it to the go kart one broke down. Fixed wiring issue sort of, but long distance is not preferable for me at the moment. plus dave ive got parts you need.
webby

Post by webby »

I'm always keen. Getting there is another story :P
Maybe a cruise to Bathurst? Set up a meet point at, say, Parramatta Park at 9:30, head out from there around 10, get to Bathurst around 12:30, get lunch, do a few laps of the mountain, sit around and talk for a bit then head back at 3ish?
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

I like the sound of that Webby. Could have lunch up the top of Mount Panorama at Mcphillamie park, great view looking over Bathurst. There's also swings there for kids for the (little) kids to play on.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

H'mm Bathurst?
That's a long way for the Newcastle members? There's no short cuts for us to get back home really? I can't see Wollongong members being interested in that one either? But I could be wrong?

Distance is the reason is the reason the last cruise was canceled. No one wanted to travel to the Central Coast? That's only 1 hour from Sydney.
Have a look at the cruises (who is the most consistent at turning up?) The Newcastle members.
4 of us (1 fell by the way) so 3 made it to the Wollongong cruise. Wollongong is closer for us then Bathurst?
Sydney is central, that is why it's a good location for a cruise for more numbers. The Sydney members don't seem to want to travel?

2 hours travel each way is enough for most (some wont even do that).

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Yeah good point Dave. I myself have no issues to travel 2-3 hrs as it is something I do on a regular basis for work but I guess some are also worried about if their car is capable of making the long distance travels which is fair enough with some of these older cars. I'm just hoping that by the time we have a date for the next event that I will have something worth while to bring.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

75wagon wrote:The Sydney members don't seem to want to travel?
I think I was a bit harsh here.
There have been a couple of Sydney members that distance has not been a barrier, ozgdgalants and driftforlife have been constant attenders at Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong meet ups.
webby wrote:Maybe a cruise to Bathurst?
I looked at a map and I see why you asked for this one. I don't think I appreciated how far Parkes is from Sydney before.
What do other members think of webby's suggestion?

Anyone got another suggestion for location?

Dave...
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

The most central place that I can see for Webby, Newcastle members, Woollongong members and Sydney members is Lithgow.
Not sure how we'd go with getting the numbers? :\
1976 Galant Hardtop
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

The only other way I can see this working out is to make a weekend of it and go some where like Mudgee.
1976 Galant Hardtop
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Nath76LA wrote:The only other way I can see this working out is to make a weekend of it and go some where like Mudgee.
How many do you think we'd get?
That would mean an O/nite stay?

Seriously, I think to get the most numbers and get the cruises happening again, I think Parramatta Park (or somewhere similar) would be the best option. Sorry webby :(

Parramatta is as Central as it gets I think (for the majority).

Question is, if we did another Parramatta cruise how many from the Wollongong direction would be interested in coming?
I'm quietly confident the majority of the Newcastle members would come (unless the date clashes).
So that would be
75wagon
77galantv6
DanTurboLancer
gaPhil
skidmark? (maybe)
cas (if we can talk him into the freeway on his P's)

Then we'd also get the Sydney members like
oxgdgalants and driftforlife (who attend just about all the cruises)
superscan811
tre04z

Wollongong direction I'd be hoping for?
GC75 (it's about time you attended one?)
agmisobrut
sigmaturbo

I'm sure we can do alot better then these numbers, the Sydney crowd is always a surprise for who shows up. Maybe a visit from MRGASD?

If we found a better spot at Parramatta Park (one that lends itself to better group photos then we had last time?)

Who would be interested?
For those that are new to the site or new to cruises, here's a couple of pics from last time.
Parramatta Cruise 23/5/2010

Dave...
webby

Post by webby »

No worries, I'm keen wherever it's held :)
Just have to manage to avoid blowing up my car long enough to make it to one :lol:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

As long as I've got nothing on the date that it's set for, I'll deffinately be there. Same if for any events up at Newcastle. I was wanting to make it up for the karting but unfortunately was on call for work.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

I'v always been keen on a cruise / social meet and I'm throwing spanners at / swearing at the coupe as much as I can to get it running.

I attend similar events quite regularly with www.fordxr5turbo.com (my daily is an 08 Ford Focus XR5 turbo) and they're great fun even if we just sit at a pub or cruise down the south coast.

The only issue I may have against long cruises as I'm only running a 4sp atm and with a noisy zorst firm suspension and old stock seats, it wasn't the most comfortable long hauler
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

The only issue I may have against long cruises as I'm only running a 4sp atm and with a noisy zorst firm suspension and old stock seats, it wasn't the most comfortable long hauler
Gee, times have got tough. When I had my first LA it was my only car, it had a noisy exhaust and no sound system for a while, rally shocks in the rear and also a 4 speed. Drove it every where including out to rallies all over the place. I actually found it fun.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
bigbird

Post by bigbird »

im keen to join in, i should be able to make any date
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Nath76LA wrote:
Gee, times have got tough. When I had my first LA it was my only car, it had a noisy exhaust and no sound system for a while, rally shocks in the rear and also a 4 speed. Drove it every where including out to rallies all over the place. I actually found it fun.

Nath
Hehe, yeah well I'm spoiled these days. :P
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
smithdavidjames

Post by smithdavidjames »

I'm in as well had a bit of a black patch over Christmas period where the car was unregistered so Wollombi cruise was out... was real keen on the wollombi tavern cruise because now all I want to do is drive the Putty Road all the way from Windsor. Parramatta park is good though plenty of room, convenient, and good for the kids. It's just not very scenic or inspiring and I do like to get photo's of my car in random locations to prove it got there!! Was gonna suggest the 26/02/10 had an overheating issue and everyone's got to vote... Put me down as defiantly interested, I'll be there, where ever it is, whenever it is, where possible, if I'm not working, screw it I'll phone in sick!
smithdavidjames

Post by smithdavidjames »

Just looking at map... Wisemans Ferry... great location for kids, parking, and driving to from etc... was cruises there last time I went down... only problem is might be too far for people from south Sydney and Wollongong.
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

Tj. wrote:The only issue I may have against long cruises as I'm only running a 4sp atm and with a noisy zorst firm suspension and old stock seats, it wasn't the most comfortable long hauler
i think thats half the fun. mine is good on the highway (engine and diff wise)
but for suspension, sports seats, heat through the gearbox and engine it is a little "rough"

it reminds me of the episode of top gear in which james may drives that aston martin race car
trying to find the best driving road while hammond and clarkson are in "more comfortable supercars".

james may was complaining but i definitely wouldnt, i would be giving it everything i have got,
which is fairly similar to how i drive my car :P

back on topic.... i will be in!
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

brendon

Post by brendon »

I was always keen when living down there..

if all the planets align when I'm down there with the sigma or scorpion and there is a cruise on...I'm there
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

So what is happening with the interest level?

I like the idea of Wollombi pub,
meet down at Sydney and follow the twisty road up, and stop for Lunch.

I also like the idea of building towards a large event where we might stay away over night.
We would have to pick somewhere with a existing night time car scene we could goto.
Then be able to have some accomadation with secure parking and we can relax and get on the beers for a night and relax and talk shit about cars?
I perhaps suggest a boys only weekend.

And thinking Sydney as it is central, has a good car scene,
plenty of accomodation.... and pubs...and scenery ;)

Or we could organise a camping trip?

Back on Daves suggestion, it was a good location, but not much to look at?
If we could get somewhere near the beach?
Maybe somewhere on the Central Coast??
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

DanTurboLancer wrote:Back on Daves suggestion, it was a good location, but not much to look at?
Does it matter where it is (views I mean)?
The thing that is important is we need a space where we can all park together (makes photos better). If we go to a spot that is popular then that would be a bit harder to get that to happen.

If someone has a better suggestion, I'm all for it?
As a matter of fact, if someone wants to put their hand up to organise the cruise too, then go for it.

Dave...
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Does it matter where it is (views I mean)?
The more cars the better the view is going to be in my opinion.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

What about a meet up at say Parra Park and cruise to Wisemans Ferry.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Nath76LA wrote:What about a meet up at say Parra Park and cruise to Wisemans Ferry.
That's a 57.6km drive?
I'm just trying to picture keeping the group together?
But then again, a pre printed out map with directions on how to get there, and a few pit stops on the way so we can re-group would solve that.

Anyone interested in this?

Dave...
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

as always im in
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

hey guys. id love to join in if i can get my car registered in time. id love to meet you all and see all your cars. what date is this set to
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

metry wrote:what date is this set to
Nothing set yet, destination or date.
Just trying to work out how many are interested for now.

Dave...