EOI in Sydney cruises?

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
orangelancer

Re: EOI in Sydney cruises?

Post by orangelancer »

sweet. ill be keen. i may be a p plater but if we need o go on the high way ill let my dad drive. hell more than likely come along with me. its his fault im in to early mitsus. spent so many weekends as a child down at enfield spares when it was in enfield. the car should be regoed by next saturday
Last edited by orangelancer on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
webby

Post by webby »

Don't worry about being a P-plater man, I've been on a few cruises with other clubs/forums (never in the Scorp, it was always broken :lol:) and never had any trouble keeping up :)
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Freeway sections (whilst in a group) are usually under 100kms/hr. That way if someone gets left behind a bit, they can catch up without having to speed.

Having a P plater with us would just limit the top speed of the group.

Depends on where we go, but I don't think the Freeway will be included.
I try to keep the driving to a minimum because I have noticed that members like to spend time talking and looking at others cars rather then driving. A few of the driving ones we've done have been a bit of a nightmare as members have got lost or fallen behind. There was even a bit of agro at one of the cruises as 1 member got a bit upset that not everyone understood signals made by others.

Meet and park cruises are much less hassle, and give plenty more talking time.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

I'm happy to have a meet and park event again. Maybe Parra Park again or somewhere else. I think we need to organise a date and place fairly soon and just stick with it.

Dave, I'm happy to put my hand up and try and organise it if you would like.

Metry, I'll see if my dad can make it then the 2 Rogers can catch up.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Nath76LA wrote:Dave, I'm happy to put my hand up and try and organise it if you would like.
That would be great. :thumpsup:
I have a million things going on here and am struggling to keep up. I'd love to go on a cruise again, I miss them :(
If you need any help or anything, I'll do as much as I can to help. Just let me know.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

ozgdgalant has come up with what 75wagon (Dave) and I think is a great idea.

Every last Saturday afternoon/night of every month, there is big car meet/show at Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool.

His suggestion is that on a Saturday when this is on, we go to Harry's then on Sunday we go to Parramatta Park. And anyone that is travelling from a long distance can stay at the Formula 1 Hotel at Wentworthville which is a good central location to both venues.

People that are keen to come to Harry's and would like to travel in convoy can meet up at Mcdonalds Wentworthville on Saturday afternoon, which is only a few hundred metres from the Formula 1 Hotel at Wentworthville, then we drive down the Cumberland Hwy to Harry's which is about a 20 minute drive (or if you would rather meet everyone at Harry's then that is fine).

Then on Sunday morning we meet again at Mcdonalds Wentworthville for breakfast then take a short drive down to Parramatta Park.

I was thinking that Saturday 26th/Sunday 27th of March would be a good date to set this for as I think it gives people time to organise themselves but isn't too far away.

Soon I will provide times to meet up at Mcdonalds for both days.

Below are links for Harry's Cafe de Wheels, Formula1 Hotel and Mcdonalds

Harry's Cafe de Wheels:
http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/Lo ... rpool.aspx
Shop1/ 20 Orange Grove Road
(Viscount Place, Liverpool Megacenta)
Liverpool, NSW 2170
Phone (02) 9601 3607
Fax (02) 9601 3607
Email liverpool@harryscafedewheels.com.au

Formule 1 Hotel Wentworthville
http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/booking ... list.shtml
377-383 Great Western Highway
Wentworthville 2145
(02) 9769 1240

Mcdonalds Wentworthville
http://mcdonalds.com.au/find-us/restaurant
CNR. BERITH ROAD & GREAT WESTERN HIGHWAY, WENTWORTHVILLE, NEW SOUTH WALES
Ph: 02 9896 2522

Nath
Last edited by Nath76LA on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1976 Galant Hardtop
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

sounds like a good plan (Y)
webby

Post by webby »

That's aa pretty good idea, sonds good. I'm down, I just have to get my head working and figure out which car to do.. :banh:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Nath76LA wrote:
I was thinking that Saturday 26th/Sunday 27th of March would be a good date to set this fo

Sounds great! I have a friend in the hot rod biz who invited the gf and I down there for when the coupe us running. And (I've said this for every meet) if its running, it'll be there!

Only issue with that weekend I can see is a big nostalgic drags day (day of the drags?) Out at wsid that some (myself incl) may be at.
Not all day, either way ill make it to something, even if I have to trailer the car there! :lol:
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

bump
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

IM IN FTMFW :thumpsup:

Ill bring hookers

This is a bucks party yeah ?????
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
webby

Post by webby »

:lol:
I'm a maybe for the next one, might not be in the Scorp though as I'm trying to decide whether to buy Dad's VC so I can fix the Scorp slowly, instead of rushing ahead and having to fix something else that's broken :P
-Josh.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

hookers sounds mad.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

I'll be there after work bout 5:30 if you guys will still be there
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

By my last post will be the next one was reading it in the other thread thought this was the one my bad