adelaide all jap day entrants?

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
kenvv

adelaide all jap day entrants?

Post by kenvv »

anyone entering in all jap say down the bay this year?

http://www.alljapanday.com.au/

i just put in a request for work to give me the day off to take the galant there. i work on th oil rigs so its super hard to get confirmed days off. but i sent in an entry form to the website (AJD) anyway and hopefully they accpet. $10 entry for a charity cause. free just to turn up and watch. this year they have extra emphasis on a variety of cars not just the generic new skylines etc.

i will only go if i can tow the car there and remove the plates and put a sticker over compliance tags. just for some peace of mind. but will need to hire a tow trailer unless someone has one down south they want to rent me :P and gotta ask one of the mates to lend me their tow car for the day.

anyone else thinking of entering or going down to watch atleast?

this car is familiar (H)
http://www.alljapanday.com.au/gallery/m ... CT8150.JPG
vrooooom vrooooom!!
A112H

Re: adelaide all jap day entrants?

Post by A112H »

I might be down there for a look see. Since the hardtop isn't finished and I sold the VR4 I don't have anything to enter.
It is usually a good day.
this car is familiar
http://www.alljapanday.com.au/gallery/m ... CT8150.JPG
LOL, yes it is Ken. I do miss it :( That was taken at the first AJD, bloody rained on and off all day
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

yeh my legnum got nicked before i got a chance to enter it in. hopefully a can enter a car this year finally
vrooooom vrooooom!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

Would be good to see the old Gally representing, lol. I dont think I have seen one there ever?
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah, I've entered my Fastback. I put Colts in the first two years of the show and love supporting it but skipped last years. I got the feeling some of the guys with new-spec show cars didn't appreciate having 40 year old unrestored cars next to theirs. One of the organisers Kristian is a big fan of old skool jap classics so has convinced me to enter this year. I'll hopefully park next to the Colt cousins - the Izuzu Belletts :)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

good do hear man :thumpsup:

im gettin top end rebuild done now so not sure if will be done in time. bloody hope so. bought another car yesterday so now have tow vehicle and will hire a trailer. ive somewhat met kristian before. he imported my legnum for me few years back. i got the acceptance email the other week for the day so should be good.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Hotwire

Post by Hotwire »

SO will there be any old school galants in this?
I'll have my Legnum VR4 there, (along with about 7 other VR4s) but would like to see some old school - especially your Sedan Ken ;)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

well the head is being bolted back on this week and then needs ecu wiring finished and then dyno tune. so much crap has been wrong with that engine so far that ended up getting top end rebuilt. pushing shit up hill to get it back intime but can only hope....
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Hotwire wrote:SO will there be any old school galants in this?
I'll have my Legnum VR4 there, (along with about 7 other VR4s) but would like to see some old school - especially your Sedan Ken ;)
It's interesting as in theory, the only old school galants you should see there would be A51's, GTO's etc as the concept of the show as I understand it is just for imports. A VR4 gally prob gets the nod though as it's a far cry from the aussie production line and peeps like us would love to see it :)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

na they accept anything there..... the name would suggest they used to give more attention to "jap" cars but they are keen for any different cars these days. last year they had a fair few euro cars and the odd 4x4 etc. this year the site says they are looking for rare, pristine, oldschool, or different cars. not just the regular skylines etc.

so they are more than happy to take entries from our range im sure. get some sigmas out there too.....
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Ah cool, they must have relaxed it a bit since the first year I entered. It would be cool to see some sigma's there!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

that was my subtle hint for members here as duno of any that have entered yet....
vrooooom vrooooom!!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

F-F-sake my car is still not running and will not be ready in time for sunday. so frustrated. owned the car for 7 months and driven it like 5 times. well hopefully by next year i will have it nearly finished properly.....

i will still head on down to have a look at what turns up. and my mate has his HH vr4 entered so will head in with him
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Pics of all the pre-90's stuff :

http://www.oldcolts.com.au/AJD2011.html

Pics of forum members cars ( only me and Ken that I know of! ):

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Did you get a chance to talk to the bloke with the Dodge Colt? I want to know why he hasn't joined the site yet? I spoke to him at the Sydney Motorshow, he said he would join up...?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Nah, unfortunately it was in the car park so no idea who the owner was!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

had a wicked day. great photos in link to dude

and some great cars out for the day. alot of diversity and styles which was great :thumpsup:
vrooooom vrooooom!!