Classic Japanese Show and Shine 26th Sep

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
woops

Classic Japanese Show and Shine 26th Sep

Post by woops »

Hey all. I know this might be a little late notice but just giving you an heads up on the Classic Japanese Show and Shine being held at Lakeside Motor Racing Circuit on the Northside of Brisbane. It starts at 9am and finishes about 3pm on Sunday the 26th of September. It's too late to enter but it'd still be good to come along and say hello and enjoy the atmosphere. I'll be there with my GB and there is going to be a few other mitsubishi's there too. The is the show and shine and there will also be some events being held on the track too.

For any further details check out
http://www.classicjapaneseshowandshine.com/
and
http://www.classicjapaneseshowandshine. ... y_form.pdf

Also if there any questions that people have about the details on how Jamie got his 4g63 DOHC into his GC coupe. I can ask him as he should hopefully be there along with Mark with his GE SE sigma (which has gotta be one of the most immaculate I've ever seen). I'll be sure to take a fair few pics for those people interstate and people unable to get there.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
boyracer

Re: Classic Japanese Show and Shine 26th Sep

Post by boyracer »

Went along took the JDM Corolla (latest aquisition) parked up the top near the flip flop where some
poor bugger smashed his RX7 into the guardrail (looks like a trip to SIMS is on the cards) Lakeside is
a track where drivers quickly find out if the have big or small balls and if they can drive, went there
back in the days of shell Eb Falcons was great racing. Oh cost $20.00 to get in which was okay, normally
these days are held in school grounds or Baldhills park and so free entry, not a real issue.
Plenty of good cars on display definatly need more Mitsubishis to get along, alot of good old cars in
original trim 1967 Datsuns and Belletts beaut cars (think organiser is a Datsun club member). Also
plenty of moded cars alot of people going for the Jap look.
Had some drags on was pretty good think we were watching the fastest Datto ute in Oz it blitzed them.
A lot of EVOs there for the trackday, were pretty good but didn't look as fast as the 1600's etc with their
big motors, some pretty good datto twincam conversions. The quality of some conversions are pertty
good worth checking out.
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon
woops

Post by woops »

Yeah overall it was a pretty good day. I didn't realise that the spectators would have to pay to get in and now i've got a bloody bad sunburn from there not being much shade. It was pretty cool when all of the show cars got to go out on the track for a few laps all at once. It wasn't the full racing experience because of so much traffic but still fun.

But the highlight of the day for me was that my GB Galant actually ended up with an award for the BEST ORIGINAL 1970-79 CAR which I really didn't expect. I think it was due to most of the cars from that era were in the restored class due to resprays and retrims etc. I'll post up the pics from the day when I get a chance and it's already been booked in for next year at the same venue for the 25th of September. And yeah Ray the organiser is part of the Queensland Performance Datsun Club and the JAPANESE CLASSIC CAR CLUB which he is the the head of too. They were the two major clubs that were down in the lower part in front of the sheds. He owns a few classics himself and has a couple of 60's Prince/Nissan Skylines.

Next year we'll hopefully get a few more then just my Galant, Jamies coupe and the GSR sigma that were there. A couple of the starions would have been there in the show if it wasn't for having to register 3 weeks before the show.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
leoca

Post by leoca »

this post shouldv'e been up a month ago.Just found out about it or I'd have entered the Lancer...maybe next time?
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

Was a good day out.
Next year should still have the first half of the year show and shine in Banyo or Bald Hills.
Spoke to Rays wife about her Skyline (Princess) was the first year they dropped the princess tag.
Chased up a quote from shannons, as a part time use car not daily driver will see what comes back.
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon