Next Sydney cruise Discussion...

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
75wagon
Admin

Next Sydney cruise Discussion...

Post by 75wagon »

It's the northern end's turn again, so this time It will be north of Sydney.

I am open to suggestions on location a meet type.
Location?

I think a good location would be basing this one somewhere on the Central Coast? Not too far north for Sydney members...

Meet type?
Whether we meet up and just park and talk, or whether we have driving sections again. I'm not fussed either way?
The Parramatta meet up was good, because no one got lost (not that I heard) members could come and go as the pleased (to meet whatever commitments they had), and was relaxing. Also good for members who are traveling a long way.

Date?
Sometime around Sunday the 18th July?

A suggestion had been discussed at the Parramatta meet up.

- Meet at either 'Pie in the Sky' (Berowra) or the Ourimbah freeway rest area and drive as a group to Wollombi Pub, for a BBQ lunch.

-Can anyone suggest a location that would be similar to Parramatta Park, that is close to the freeway on the Central coast? That may be another option? Looking for a large park with BBQ's and playing areas (for members with kids).

-There is always Speers Point Park, at the northern end of Lake Macquarie a bit further then the Central Coast, but a great location, it has large flat areas, plenty of parking, BBQ facilities, and a covered area if the weather turns bad. And it's only 10 to 15 mins off the Freeway from the Toronto exit.
http://www.whereis.com/nsw/speers-point#session=MjE=

Looking forward to any feedback.

When a Location and time is set, I'll post up a proper cruise topic.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Re: Next Sydney cruise Discussion...

Post by 75wagon »

No one has any thoughts on this one?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
bigbird

Post by bigbird »

im up for this 1 speers point park is great but it doesn't bother me
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

I'll be there but probably in rav4 if that's ok. Lancer will probably be getting painted around then.
1976 Galant Hardtop
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

i will be in.... nothing like a SG cruise :thumpsup:

doesnt bother me where, but i would like to do the wollombi pub thing,
never been out that far
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

A112H

Post by A112H »

A gentle cruise to Adelaide??
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Galant_GT0 wrote:A gentle cruise to Adelaide??
I second that motion. Collect the Victoria people on your way over.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

kirkstanton

Post by kirkstanton »

lol I third that motion! gentle cruise to Adelaide sounds good, we'l be waiting here for you guys

thanks,
Kirk
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Hmmm, that's 3 requests in a row for Adelaide?

That's a long way?

Dave...
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Thats a very long way for my old sigma but it would be cool.
Dave Im super keen for the cruise and very much like the idea of a big loop and heading out wollombi way,but im kind of booked in with a mate to do some work on my car around the proposed date so Ill just watch this thread grow and might not be able to commit to this cruise incase shes not back on the road,but Im keen as.
Skidmark
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Ok so do we head for Wollombi?

It's a great place, quiet and good roads. So it attracts plenty of Motorbikes (that's how I found it). The road from Peats Ridge is a combination of long reasonably straight roads, and tight twisty bends. It's through picturesque rural land and hilly wooded areas (a little bit like Galston Gorge, but not that twisty).

We need a start point if this is where we are going. My suggestion is 'Pie In the Sky' at Berowra again.

If anybody has any other ideas, post them up...

I'm still looking at a Sunday 18th of July time frame.

Dave...
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

75wagon wrote:Ok so do we head for Wollombi?

It's a great place, quiet and good roads. So it attracts plenty of Motorbikes (that's how I found it). The road from Peats Ridge is a combination of long reasonably straight roads, and tight twisty bends. It's through picturesque rural land and hilly wooded areas (a little bit like Galston Gorge, but not that twisty).

We need a start point if this is where we are going. My suggestion is 'Pie In the Sky' at Berowra again.

If anybody has any other ideas, post them up...

I'm still looking at a Sunday 18th of July time frame.

Dave...
Hey again, how many people are keen for this one?

I have no idea where the 'Pie In the Sky' is, I'm flat out finding Berowra :D

Still the 18th? I'm keen...
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Hopefully if things work out for me i'll be able to make this one.

Loosing my job last week didn't help. :(
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

C_Fernance wrote:Loosing my job last week didn't help. :(
That's not good news Chris. Hope things work out for you there.

As for the cruise, if we have people interested we can go ahead, I was just thinking this afternoon that no one was interested in this one :think:
OK so how many are interested?
si81gma wrote:I have no idea where the 'Pie In the Sky' is, I'm flat out finding Berowra :D
Do you know the Old Pacific Highway?
Turn off the freeway where the twin bridges are and head to Berowra by the old road (that's the Old Pacific Highway) and it takes you straight past it.

If anyone has a suggestion for an alternative start point, I'm listening?

Dave...
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

75wagon wrote: As for the cruise, if we have people interested we can go ahead, I was just thinking this afternoon that no one was interested in this one :think:
OK so how many are interested?

Do you know the Old Pacific Highway?
Turn off the freeway where the twin bridges are and head to Berowra by the old road (that's the Old Pacific Highway) and it takes you straight past it.
I'm coming this time, no matter what :P

As for the Old Pacific Highway, no clue lol, anywhere the other side of Gosford (apart from WSID lol) may as well be Melbourne, cos i have no idea :lol: .. I'll just follow someone there if thats alright???

My brother (si85gma) with the maroon GN isn't allowed to come, anniversary... Bloody women :banh: lol
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

^^^ i just remebered the twin bridges.. I know what you're talking about now lol :hit:
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I managed to find another job so i only missed out on a couple of days pay. Only a trial at the moment but looks like it's going well. Just need to find the time and money to give the car a bit of a tidy up. The new job is a lot closer to home so that should help.

si81gma - I usually meet up with the Newcastle mob at the twin servos. Can grab petrol and any last minute supplies before we all cruise to the meet up point. I'm sure we should be able to do that again.
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

C_Fernance wrote:si81gma - I usually meet up with the Newcastle mob at the twin servos. Can grab petrol and any last minute supplies before we all cruise to the meet up point. I'm sure we should be able to do that again.
Sounds good to me.. :thumpsup: I think you're the guy I was talking to at the United servo at Wyee??
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

si81gma wrote:I think you're the guy I was talking to at the United servo at Wyee??
That's me.

I was in at Bunnings Lakehaven today. Saw a brown LC Lancer hatch parked in the carpark but didn't have any paper, etc on me to leave a note about Sigma-Galant or the cruise. By the time I got out about 3 minutes later it was gone.

Been doing some work today - paint stripping my new bootlid so hopefully I'll have it all painted up and on the car before the cruise.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

So we are running with this?
So far we only (basically) have Newcastle members interested (by the posts anyway). So we could have a local cruise and end up in my shed (less travel?).
Maybe a Speers Point Park meet?
Any thoughts?

Dave...
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

go karts FTW!

i will be in, just as long as its on a sunday or saturday arvo.
i only get 1.5 days off a week :(
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

Skoob90

Post by Skoob90 »

Speers point sound good.

17th sounds awesome.

Moorning on 18th good too.

SI85GMA :D
71GTOgalant

Post by 71GTOgalant »

I could make the 18th. not sure about the 17th will be working on the saturday not sure what time yet. would be good to meet up with everyone.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

The only issue with either day is the school holiday return traffic, along with the extra police that will bring.
Not a major issue but there will be more silly drivers on the road, rushing to get back home.

Cheers.
bigbird

Post by bigbird »

the 17th is my daughters bday but the sunday is good
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Superscan811 wrote:The only issue with either day is the school holiday return traffic, along with the extra police that will bring.
Not a major issue but there will be more silly drivers on the road, rushing to get back home.
That's a point. I hadn't realised it was Holiday time.
Maybe we could make it a couple of weeks later then?
Time would be helpful, I haven't organised this one very well have I? :$

Dave...
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

a couple of weeks later is fine with me - i'm going to be pushed for time to fix up a few things i want to sort out before the cruise.
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

well i should be there...in my coupe =D just need someone with a license to sit in with me lolz
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

75wagon wrote:
Superscan811 wrote:The only issue with either day is the school holiday return traffic, along with the extra police that will bring.
That's a point. I hadn't realised it was Holiday time.
Maybe we could make it a couple of weeks later then?
Time would be helpful, I haven't organised this one very well have I? :$

Dave...

I'll go whenever it's organised for.. Too much time on my hands these days lol. :banh:
webby

Post by webby »

i should make this one, won't be in my scorp though, as its still dead :( got my eye on a mint datto 200b wagon, so with a bit of luck i'll be in that
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889