Gosford Classic Car Museum Sun 18/09/2016

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
C_Fernance

Gosford Classic Car Museum Sun 18/09/2016

Post by C_Fernance »

Talk of another cruise for our members around Sydney and the surrounding areas has been occurring on Facebook, and after making a suggestion for a destination that was well received I have been asked to plan a cruise. I've been on a number of previous cruises, however this is the first cruise I have personally planned so if there are any issues that you notice please feel free to speak up so they can be sorted out.

In a nutshell the plan is to meet at Berowra on the morning of Sunday 18th September, cruise North along the Old Pacific Hwy before heading in to Gosford to check out the new Classic Car Museum. If that sounds interesting then read on.

The initial meeting point for the cruise will be at the old toll booths/truck parking area just north of Berowra on the Old Pacific Hwy. A meeting time of 10am should still give us plenty of time to spend looking around the museum, without making those that live further away get up too early.

After a bit of a chat, photos and so on we will head off around 10.30. Heading North along the Old Pacific Hwy, we will pass through Cowan, Mooney Mooney, Cheero Point, and Bar Point, Mt White, Calga and finally to Somersby. For those not familiar with this road it is around 40km of twisting turning fun that anyone that considers themselves a car enthusiast should try driving at least once. From here we leave the Old Pacific and take the short drive down Kariong hill to the museum at West Gosford.

The destination for the day will be the Gosford Classic Car Museum in Stockyard Place West Gosford. The museum has over 300 cars worth a total of 70 million dollars on display. The entry fee is only $20 and there is food and drinks available at the cafe for lunch. From reports I have been given it would be quite easy to spend the rest of the day here and still struggle to check out all the cars properly. You can get more info from their website. http://gosfordclassiccarmuseum.com.au/.

If we can get over 20 people that wish to attend the museum (I hope so) then I should be able to organise with them prior to reserve parking so that we can park together as a group.
75wagon
Admin

Re: Gosford Classic Car Museum Sun 18/09/2016

Post by 75wagon »

Good on you for putting this together Chris, this sounds great :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

There is now an Event page on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/5050194 ... highlights
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

Cool (H)
I'll try to make it even though my GAs aren't on the road atm
I could do with the inspiration :P
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin