Sydney meet

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
Jordan1249

Re: Sydney meet

Post by Jordan1249 »

So since we have confirmed this cruise wanna start planning our next one :P i was thinking June 28th ? maybe a day thing this time instead lol
Merv

Post by Merv »

Jordan1249 wrote:So since we have confirmed this cruise wanna start planning our next one :P i was thinking June 28th ? maybe a day thing this time instead lol
ease up turbo.. Let's get this one out of the way :p
Scorpy

Post by Scorpy »

Torque Bar and Grill is a good spot, I was out there on Sunday with my mates.
2nd Saturday of the month at Harrys is good, not as full,on as the last sat night.I normally meet up with the NSW Muscle Car Club.
There use to be Muscle Car cruises held on a Friday night from Rouse Hill to Harrys which was another good cruise.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

12th April I think I can do at this stage?
Kurnell? I've just googled it. Wholly crap, could it be any further from Newcastle area if possible (in the Sydney region)?
I know it's probably just me from this end as gaPhil has moved to Vic, and 77galantv6 has not commented yet, but I think Kurnell puts me out.

Dave...

Note, it takes me 2 hours to get to Liverpool, Kurnell would take even longer. In pretty much all the crusies I've organised, pretty much no one from the Sydney region will even drive for an hour (not criticizing just stating a fact).
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

In pretty much all the crusies I've organised, pretty much no one from the Sydney region will even drive for an hour (not criticizing just stating a fact).

If i had a license id drive to your house dave to cruise with just you :P
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

I say next meet sound be a day thing meet at like brooklyn/mooney mooney its nice there and i know great stop at brooklyn we can all chill by the water with BBQ areas and all good shit haha
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

The 'Pie in the Sky' to Wiseman's Ferry cruise was popular, but not very helpful to those south of Sydney.

Merv here's a tip. If you want to organise a cruise, jaust call a date and location, those who want to turn up will, and those who can't wont.

If you build it they will come.

And Jordan1249, we will definitely have to catch up, if you're happy to come here, I can organise a few of the local boys (even some of the dormant members to catch up as well). If you come here though, bring your wallet with some cash, I have plenty of parts and plenty I don't need. Cash money gets good deals. LOL

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

hahah will have to be august unless i get a mate to drive me up in my car of course haha
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

or con my mum into drivving me up :P be coolest kid round hahah :facepalm:
Merv

Post by Merv »

75wagon wrote:12th April I think I can do at this stage?
Kurnell? I've just googled it. Wholly crap, could it be any further from Newcastle area if possible (in the Sydney region)?
I know it's probably just me from this end as gaPhil has moved to Vic, and 77galantv6 has not commented yet, but I think Kurnell puts me out.

Dave...

Note, it takes me 2 hours to get to Liverpool, Kurnell would take even longer. In pretty much all the crusies I've organised, pretty much no one from the Sydney region will even drive for an hour (not criticizing just stating a fact).
I understand where your coming from dave we can always change it to a different location if it suits everyone, would Harry's be more convenient for everyone?
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Harry's is easier for me but I'm not to fussed.
1976 Galant Hardtop
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

i reckon we stay with this one then next cruise go day time head towards to like mooney for day cruise all sydney boys meet up somewhere local and new castle boys do same and then cruise to mooney mooney
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

So hopefully my car will be attending just needa find a driver for it as im suspended previous owner MIGHT do it have to ask him closer to date but if not ill have to find a mate to
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

Dave,
I am keen for a cruise, but like you said, Kurnell is a bit far out....
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Iv'e just seen this about Kurnell I agree it's a bit far for most people so for this month last Saturday 29th march 14 & 26th April 14 Harry's Last of the month At Liverpool has been a blast as iv'e been to the last three also a few Galant & sigmas getting there now too each month so for the Sydney guys can mostly book it every month as a regular event the cops are there but they know who's behaving & not? no burnouts or engine revving quick take offs you safe.

Well speaking of the last wiseman's run the meet at Maccs was great till the Datsun's took over us & some people got lost so by the time we got there & had lunch it was time to leave? that spoiled a good day I felt? the first wisemans was better & relaxed day too.

So a meet up short cruise together to a park 'n' lunch spot like the Parramatta park meet was great for everyone that's why the turn up was so good?.

When a date & place is picked? yes everyone cannot make it? but I think if we take into account where most people are coming from make a central spot for lunch & have 2 or 3 meeting & depart points to the lunch/end meeting place? depending where people live that are coming meeting points departure points to suite & it looks better if we stick in a group not at 100mph as some cars won't do that? see the video of the early cruise to Newcastle that was a magic video to watch & see the cars plus at the Newcastle park the display blu some of the other car clubs away that was fun?.

We need some more meets & greets so we can talk & see peoples cars? not stuck behind these screens all the time? so some regular once a month meeting place so members can plan ahead & know if they miss this one? next month will be there? that's why take Harry's Liverpool is such a great night people can just look a the calendar & no its on every month?.

So over the years & the S-G runs we have been on that's what ive picked up on & I miss some of the great runs & events we had in the past? if anyone does no agree with me fine put your 2 cents in here please we can all put new ideas to make these runs happen not leave it up to a few members & after they happen? say that's not a good place to go too? that's how I see it? cheers [ozgdgalants] Wayne.
Merv

Post by Merv »

what about harrys at parramatter?
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

F..K me dead people, Give the man a go!

Merv is is trying organise a get together for everyone and you all keep bagging and bitching about the spots he's choosing. If its to far for you, say so and wait for the next one!
Don't bag him for having a go because what he is organising doesn't suit you.

I've said I can't make this one and put a few suggestions forward for future cruises. It people keep with this attitude no one will come and the community stays as fractured as it already is. Get behind whoever is putting the time in to organise these get togethers rather bagging them.

I haven't seen anyone else put there hand up to organise a cruise in NSW recently, either............
cbygdt

Post by cbygdt »

I agree, somehow people from other states organize gigs and they seem to happen without fuss. From the extensive number of posts about Merv`s great idea to gather all are in agreement with the desire and the need to meet up.As others have stated it is impossible to get a venue matched to a date and time that is universally accepted. From my point of view ,great work Merv just go for the Kurnell gig.
webby

Post by webby »

Looks like Dave might be right, again... :lol:
Rego due on the 1st, and with my budget that $1k expenditure puts 1000km+ round trips out of the equation. That said, if I can get 6 months rego instead of 12 I'll likely be there, so we'll see.

Not gonna say I'll make it next time, because with my luck something'll come up and keep me from getting there as well, lol
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Merv

Post by Merv »

Okay well stick with kernel on the 12th ill be there I'm sure a few others will.. then if that doesn't suit anyone well organise another in a few months.. sound fair?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Don't worry about fair.
Like I said before, just call a date and time and let them sort themselves out.

Good on you Merv.
If no one does it, then it will never happen.

I most likely wont be able to make it, but as it gets closer, I'll do my best to get there if possible.

Is there a start time with that?

Dave..
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

DETAILS

Date: 12 of April

Time: 7PM

Location: 2-18 Mitchell Rd, Cronulla NSW 2230 (just outside kurnell nice big car park on the beach)

FOR WESTERN SYDNEY MEMBERS

We are going to meet at penrith panthers at 5:30PM Leave around 5:45 to head to the location and cruise together

Sound alright good hahah Thats set in cant be changed if you cant make it thats unfortunate hopefully we will see you at the next cruise
Merv

Post by Merv »

Thanks jordan :thumpsup:
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Good on you Merv like I said make a date place & time? we will see who comes along should be a good night?

[1] Just let me clear some things up are we still going to Pizza With Muscle at Kurnell?

[2] For the people that cannot make Penrith? will they meet up at the car park in Mitchell road Cronulla at 7pm is this correct?

[3] Also if you could give people details of the route from Penrith to Cronulla to join in on the way would be good also?

[4] Than we cruise as a group to Kurnell?

if these questions are correct just post in a reply thanks wayne.
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

[1] Just let me clear some things up are we still going to Pizza With Muscle at Kurnell?
Yes we will be because i like pizza hahah
[2] For the people that cannot make Penrith? will they meet up at the car park in Mitchell road Cronulla at 7pm is this correct?
Yep also Correct, might sit and have bit of chat at the car park sus out each others rides
[3] Also if you could give people details of the route from Penrith to Cronulla to join in on the way would be good also?
Doing that as i type this out will go toll free road for us tight arses
[4] Than we cruise as a group to Kurnell?
Cruise into and around kurnell to The pizza joint

I will put the route up asap
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Alright hope this works

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Kris ... 9436?hl=en

This is our route
Merv

Post by Merv »

How goods this? Jordan's got it all sorted for me :P ahaha
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

How goods this? Jordan's got it all sorted for me :P ahaha
Im on here 24/7 i maze well be useful

Vote Jordan1249 For admin 2014 :P
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

Yeah looks like im going to this, anyone else from the south heading up ??

For me it doesn't matter where in syd the cruise Is its all at least a 2 hour trip
this one is 170km, though I might cruise over with the Penrith members

12th of April is the first day of the school holidays so its going to be madness on the roads
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

I'm going to give it my all to make this one in the yellow galant but at the present stage she is out of rego. I have 3 rego's due in a 5 week period
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
GD Galant Wagon 2.6 T04E powerglide - 10.51@124,
GD Galant Sedan Starion powered