Sydney meet

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
Merv

Sydney meet

Post by Merv »

Who'd be interested?
77galantv6

Re: Sydney meet

Post by 77galantv6 »

Name a time and place and I'm sure you'll get people interested.
I'll be in.
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Ill come but youll have come pick me up unless i get the gaylant regeistered before then and ill get a mate to drive that ahaha
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Ill bring my mum hahah :facepalm: stupid license suspension unless we do it after august 6th :D
webby

Post by webby »

Give me plenty of notice and I might possibly make it :thumpsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Merv

Post by Merv »

I was thinking maybe we could do another cruise in April? I know a few members live up Newcastle way maybe we could start a cruise in sydney somewhere and cruise up to Newcastle or Newcastle to sydney? Would that be convenient?
webby

Post by webby »

Probably won't make anything in April, especially if driving from Sydney to Newie is involved. June/July would be better, less busy, more time to save, less chance of my Scorp overheating in traffic... lol
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

I wouldn't mind bringing my GH out for a cruise
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
Merv

Post by Merv »

If we could get a few more people interested we might have something here :) everyone throw some ideas in!
smithdavidjames

Post by smithdavidjames »

Interested... Was thinking about putting up a Western Sydney Meet possibly at the Harry's Cafe de 'wheels outside Penrith Panthers but this would just be maybe a quick night meet, as I never see any SG's in the area anymore. Would like to see the something like the Parramatta Park from way back happen on a Sunday sometime, I was really annoyed I missed Wisemans Ferry Meet not long ago and another combined Newcastle meet would be great. Always like the idea of Wollombi Tavern for a day meet but this may take some planning for Sydney members.

For me any Sunday in March/April except the first weekend in April for a day meet, location as above or not fussed. Quick car park meet one night, anytime (I will find a way).

Dave
Gazzav

Post by Gazzav »

Jordan1249 wrote:Ill bring my mum hahah :facepalm: stupid license suspension unless we do it after august 6th :D
Lol bugger mate!!

Id be keen one I gdt mine registered ;) thatd prob be a few months off?
Gazzav

Post by Gazzav »

Oh a day meet would also suite me best! Im 2.5 hrs south of sydney city, so a night could be tricky.....
Merv

Post by Merv »

I was gonna organize a Sunday day meet/cruise how does Sunday the 20th of April sound?
MRGNLC

Post by MRGNLC »

i'm in, depending on when, i should have at least one of my three running :)
Gazzav

Post by Gazzav »

Hmmm think id be pushing It if I said Id be ready by then..... bugger
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Sunday the 20th is the middle of Easter. So i'm out already, as we'll be down the far south coast of NSW.
Any other weekend in April is good for me. Hopefully I'll have the new addition blueslipped and rego'd by then........
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

Avoid April. Most people have school holidays with kids, Easter etc. just doesn't work.

Why not the end of month meet at Harry's in March?
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Galants to take over that night :P

Never been a fan of liverpool harrys meet alot of douche bags there

i like the idea of Penrith Panthers meet then maybe a cruise up to like springwood look out day cruise or something even tho i wont be cruising :(
smithdavidjames

End of march sounds good April is always a bit of a grid in retail. location Penrith is great but then again never been to Harry's Liverpool.

Dave
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

ALSO TO EVERYONE

Even if your SG isnt running you should probably still come so we can all put faces to screen names and shit like that haha
Merv

Post by Merv »

77galantv6 wrote:Avoid April. Most people have school holidays with kids, Easter etc. just doesn't work.

good point.. The one think you have to watch for is the cops at Harry's there is always a few dickheads that ruin it for the rest of us
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

A lot of other forums/car clubs use Macca's at McGrath's hill as a start point for a lot of there cruises, rather than Penrith. It cuts out the dickhead factor and its doesn't get a lot of attention from the boys in blue. It also gives you good access to the mountains, wisemans, putty road, etc......
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

A lot of other forums/car clubs use Macca's at McGrath's hill as a start point for a lot of there cruises, rather than Penrith. It cuts out the dickhead factor and its doesn't get a lot of attention from the boys in blue

If its a day cruise we wont have that problem anyway, only time penrith Kk's has any attention is on thursday nights mostly From car scenes but if its weekend during the day wont have that problem
Merv

Post by Merv »

So what does everyone want a meet or cruise?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I've only just seen this (sorry I don't get on as often as I used to).
I'd be keen if the time/date suits.

What I have found from previous cruises is having them in the Sydney region gets the most attendees.

As for a driving style meet or a just a meet up both have there positives and negatives.

Parramatta Park did work out well last time (park and talk type meet). The main positive was, if you could only turn up for a portion of the day, it was easy to find where the group was.
Driving style meets have had issues before, the group broken up by other traffic and members getting lost, road works (unknown at the time of organising) that made roads undesirable for anyone that put time in to give their cars a good clean (so alternate route was taken and the Newcastle members arrived late).

As for organised meetings that are already happening that I know of.
Harry's Cafe de wheels last saturday of month... Liverpool.
Bakell's 1st Saturday of the month... at Greenhills near Maitland in the Newcastle area.
A new one 2nd Saturday of each month started at Glendale Shopping centre (also Newcastle area).

^All 3 get a good following and are a given that there will be plenty to look at even if the number of SG members are low.
webby wrote:Give me plenty of notice and I might possibly make it

LOL, webby you've got to be kidding.
I honestly think the only way you would ever turn up to one is if we all met at your place, and even then you'd probably find an excuse why you couldn't show.

All that being said, the wagon is ready to roll whenever and where ever.

Merv good on you for starting this. :thumpsup:

If nothing else becomes of this, I'll make sure something happens.
So if you are interested in a meet up, post locations and dates etc that suit you.
Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

I think we should meet penrith then cruise up to like three sisters or something like that
webby

Post by webby »

75wagon wrote:
webby wrote:Give me plenty of notice and I might possibly make it

LOL, webby you've got to be kidding.
I honestly think the only way you would ever turn up to one is if we all met at your place, and even then you'd probably find an excuse why you couldn't show.
:lol:
I'll make one, one day. Might even try and make it this one, no promises though :$

Meet up somewhere relatively central, and maybe do another Wiseman's run? Or RNP, Macquarie Pass, Old Pac etc?
-Josh.
Merv

Post by Merv »

Okay here are some routes throw in some more if you want

Another wisemens run from McGraths hill
Parramatta park cruise from McGraths hill
Royal nasho run
Three sisters from penrith
Putty road from McGraths hill

I'm thinking at the end of March at this stage if that doesn't suit anyone we can always work around it
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Depending on what date is set for it and my availability I'm always keen.
If it's the end of March the 22nd/23rd is no good for me as I'll be on call.
If it's ok with others here, I'll see if my brother will bring his wide body Starion.
1976 Galant Hardtop
smithdavidjames

I say lets slap a date on it for Sunday 30 March. Had a thought it might be funny if we all descended on Northern Road Wreckers as a meet point and checkout whats there maybe pick-up some parts... but not sure if they are open Sunday anymore.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/No ... e304?hl=en

Ultimately prefer a park & meet over a full out drive day as Dave said if you can't make the drive you could still make a portion of the day plus the family can tag along. Wisemans Ferry is the pick as it combines both drive and park well. Penrith locations with same feel could be Nepean River but this could be problematic with parking as it gets quite busy but there is also the Weir Reserve.

Nepean River - https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Te ... 9500?hl=en

Weir Reserve - https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/We ... 85c0?hl=en

Dave