Sydney meet

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
amgis_obrut

Re: Sydney meet

Post by amgis_obrut »

Was expecting to see you there Dave !
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

amgis_obrut wrote:Was expecting to see you there Dave !
Sorry Mick, I did say in the discussion topic I was out.
5 hours round trip for me. My wife has a new job, works weekends now as well, so if I'd have come down, wouldn't have got to see her from Early Saturday to Sunday night.

I did reconsider, but seeing it was wet, having headlights as strong as cigarette lighters, and wipers that are pretty much just as good, I decided against it.

Maybe the next one?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

yer gunna start planning next one soon dave towards the newcastle members :)
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

75wagon wrote:
amgis_obrut wrote:Was expecting to see you there Dave !
Sorry Mick, I did say in the discussion topic I was out.
5 hours round trip for me. My wife has a new job, works weekends now as well, so if I'd have come down, wouldn't have got to see her from Early Saturday to Sunday night.

I did reconsider, but seeing it was wet, having headlights as strong as cigarette lighters, and wipers that are pretty much just as good, I decided against it.

Maybe the next one?

Dave...

Yeah same travel time for me !

There was a Ford Focus cruise happening the same day that were meeting up at the panthers club, they were coming from Vic Qld and even WA, was mind blown at how keen they were !
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

There was a Ford Focus cruise happening the same day that were meeting up at the panthers club, they were coming from Vic Qld and even WA, was mind blown at how keen they were !

Haha if any of us tried coming from that far we would need to take loans out for petrol in our cars haha
Merv

Post by Merv »

That car park 2l galant mrgnlc Jordan and I went to was fun ;)
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Jordan1249 wrote:
The XR4/5, Fiesta/Focus ST boys do a real good job!!!!! My partner and I have done a lot with them as she had a very quick XR4 before trading up to the WRX.

It was there first national meet over the last week and that included a track day at Maruluan and various cruises to Bathurst, Southern highlands and the Hunter valley. We do 2 track days a year with them and had invites to there trackday last Saturday but had to decline due to a family 40th birthday on the same day.

They have rules and guidelines for there behaviour on cruises, use 2 way radio's so no one gets lost, post the route via google maps up on the forum and the organiser checks the route a couple of weeks before the event. General turn out is generally 20-35 cars per cruise.

Who ever is organising the next one? I'm happy to help out with details in organising this type of thing if you want to head down that route.
webby

Post by webby »

Jordan1249 wrote:

Haha if any of us tried coming from that far we would need to take loans out for petrol in our cars haha
I've almost got to do that just coming from Parkes, lol. Average about 350-375km/tank, 70/30 split highway/country roads and in town :\
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

BIG26L wrote:
Jordan1249 wrote:
The XR4/5, Fiesta/Focus ST boys do a real good job!!!!! My partner and I have done a lot with them as she had a very quick XR4 before trading up to the WRX.

It was there first national meet over the last week and that included a track day at Maruluan and various cruises to Bathurst, Southern highlands and the Hunter valley. We do 2 track days a year with them and had invites to there trackday last Saturday but had to decline due to a family 40th birthday on the same day.

They have rules and guidelines for there behaviour on cruises, use 2 way radio's so no one gets lost, post the route via google maps up on the forum and the organiser checks the route a couple of weeks before the event. General turn out is generally 20-35 cars per cruise.

Who ever is organising the next one? I'm happy to help out with details in organising this type of thing if you want to head down that route.
Im going to catch up with them on the next outing and bring my 2013 ST
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Focus or Fiesta????????
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

focus
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Yeah we looked at them......... led tipped missile's and the missus hates looks. They hadn't released the Feista ST this time last year when we ordered the WRX. The Fiesta ST a good bit of gear! But the WRX won at the end of day on the basis that we don't need to carry snow chains in the high country when we are down there during winter. The other bonus being I can chew up and spit out Focus RS's with just a set of semi slicks at track days (H)

Good bunch of guys and girls, massive forum as well!
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

Don't know what the new wrx is like but my mate has a 2005 WRX and my Focus leaves it behind without a sweat, I was expecting it to be the other way !
I had a run in my sigma with a current shape STI last weekend, was a 100km roll on and pulled 5 car lengths before I changed into 3rd (top)
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

195kw and 4.44 diffs make them quick off the line, but they start to run out of puff at about 120kph. I have seen consistant 195kph trap speeds on a standing 1000m sprint.

Having said that, my old $5000.00 Gen3 VX Calais would chew it up and spit it out on a 100+kph rolling start!
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

I see what you mean by slow to 120

Factory test figures:
Focus ST Standing 1000m = 26.4 seconds @ 206kph, though mine said closer to 220