[NSW] Datsun Day 2013

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
Tj.

[NSW] Datsun Day 2013

Post by Tj. »

Hey guys Datsun Day has come around again and its looking to be a big one this year

Yes, it is a Datsun event but, as we experienced during our last cruise out to Wiseman's Ferry, they're very welcoming of anything old and Japanese, but they're more than likely going to ask you to park down the back, but that's not a bad thing.
Entry is $15 per car if you want to show your ride but if you just want to come and have a look it's free! My favourite four letter word after beer, but its at a pub so that'll be there too! Sweet Jesus!
Kicks off early with load in from 7:30 and gates and judging opening at 9:30.

I'll be there in the Zed for what will be its first proper datsun event ( previously its been "oh a Mitsubishi cruise? I'll bring my datsun. What's that? A Ford Focus XR5 photo shoot? Let me just stick my datsun in the middle of it. Hey look at that Toyota display, why I should park my datsun right by the gates") so come and say hi.

Lastly, if you are wanting to enter a car into the display, hit http://www.datsunday.com and download the entry form. I'm not sure if it applies to non datsun entries but they've requested that everyone fill one out and bring it with them to make entry easier and quicker.

Hope to see you there!
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
geezer101

Re: [NSW] Datsun Day 2013

Post by geezer101 »

Nice. Hopefully a few members will be able to make an appearance and remind the old school crowd there's more than Dattos, Toyotas and Mazdas in the game. :thumpsup:
Merv

Post by Merv »

keep an eye out for a bronze sigma :thumpsup: (btw just noticed the zed managed to photo bomb my avatar :P )
Merv

Post by Merv »

a lot of datsuns with sr20s..seem to be like assholes everyone has got one :P
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Merv wrote: (btw just noticed the zed managed to photo bomb my avatar :P )
Yeah, it'll do that :lol:

Was a pretty great day and having been to a few of these before I have to say that the number of SR swapped 1600's is dropping fast. In fact there were several gorgeous cars with L - series engines and old school carb choices and that really made me smile.

Additionally, there were ay least 5 or 6 Fairlady roadsters out there too! More than I've ever seen, period, let alone in the same place at the same time! Seeing as how my dad is currently restoring one I had a good long chat with a few of the owners and found them to be real nice blokes. Wish I could say the same about the other Zed guys :(

Anyhow, if anyone's interested I can post some links to photos.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I think some of the Galants should go

Aren't they normally mistaken for a Datto?????
Built with pride, Driven in anger