[SA] Hillclimb up Old Willunga Hill 22nd June 2013

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
damian

[SA] Hillclimb up Old Willunga Hill 22nd June 2013

Post by damian »

Looks like they might be running a hillclimb up old willunga hill on the 22nd of this month after the rally guys are done with it, if you're interested like adelaide hills tarmac rally or ozgymkhanaon facebook and reply to their post!
or, PM me or reply here and I'll help you.

You will need a L2S CAMS licence, but a day licence (single event) can be obtained on the day for $25.
Car will need rego I hear, but you should be able to get a UVP if your car doesn't have it. (I can help explan the process).
Helmet and neck to wrist to ankle non-flammable clothing (jeans and a cotton shirt for example).
and you willy need a 1kg extinguisher bolted into your car
Old Willunga Hill Hillclimb?
The team at Ultimate Motorsport Events has space at the end of the Adelaide Hills Tarmac Rally field on the Saturday morning of June 22nd to run a packet of cars up Old Willunga Hill as a Hillclimb 3 times. We would need a minimum of 20 competitors to make this viable to pay the permit fee and track licence. Cost would be $150 including a dinner ticket at Serafino Winery that evening to mingle with the rest of the competitors and officials of the Adelaide Hills Tarmac Rally. Cars would need to be road registered or permitted to compete. We need an indication of how many would be a definite goer for this event before we can make it happen. If you are interested can you reply to this post please.

I'll be doing the full rally :) :)
if anyone wants to come down and spectate or official, reply here, PM me, or get onto http://www.ahtr.com.au/
Last edited by damian on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billsy

Re: [SA] Hillclimb up Old Willunga Hill 22nd June 2013

Post by Billsy »

damn it, why is all the good stuff on when i dont have an engine.
Insert witty one liner here -->
A112H

Post by A112H »

I was thinking the same Billsy but I have the engine just no ecu :(
damian

Post by damian »

I'll just leave this here..

damian

Post by damian »

it's on

http://www.ahtr.com.au/ahtr-now-incorpo ... june-22nd/

150 bucks to drive up williunga hill with no speed limit, using both sides of the road
three times
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I would like to come along, but don't think I could make it. Either way, are we allowed to carry a co-driver? If so, does their adult nappy need to be flame retardant too?
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

ok, ill be there now, but only supporting a mate in an E type :)

he didnt need any convincing it was a good idea. :thumpsup:
Insert witty one liner here -->
damian

Post by damian »

see ya there Billsy, and Cottees, no mate, it's a hillclimb, not a social event ;)

I would strongly suggest if you have even a *slight* desire to do it - DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! (why cannot I make this bigger? hehe)

This will hopefully become an annual event, but at the same time, it could easily end up being a one off if residents complain too much for example / Council refuse access to the road next year.

Out of 5 Councils approached for roads for the rally, 3 said no, 2 said yes.
Event is now 2 days instead of 3, and roads are boing run 3 times due to the lack of roads due to Councils saying no.

Racing (legally) on public roads is only going to get harder and harder...

btw, if anyone is keen on getting up close and personal with the Rally, I'm always looking for service [strike]bitches[/strike] crew, and the organisers are always looking for officials (get on ahtr.com.au to register, or ask me).
Zero training is required, don't even have to be a member of a club.
and as an official, you get as close as you can to the cars without sitting in them!
And it's free.
And you get a t-shirt / jacket / whatever, plus an awesome "AHTR Official" sticker to go on your car
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Not a social event?
Cost would be $150 including a dinner ticket at Serafino Winery that evening to mingle with the rest of the competitors and officials of the Adelaide Hills Tarmac Rally.
Reason for asking about a co-driver wasn't to take someone along just for the hell of it. I assume the rally before hand would allow co-drivers. It was just to see if we'd be allowed to use a co-driver during the hill climb afterwards. Not too sure if or what the Cams single event licence covers etc.

Another question is will there be timers for the hill climb event, or would we need to do our own timing?
damian

Post by damian »

I thought you were having a joke, hence why my reply had a wink

so, it's a hill climb.
yes dinner after is a social event, but the hill climb is not.
it is a high speed motorsport event, with the associated risks

there will be timing, just like any hill climb.

the CAMS single event licence covers what its name suggests - it lets you go racing for a single event ;)
if you decide to get a full licence, the cost of the single event licence is deducted from it.
win!

the rally before has co drivers, that's what rally is about.
hill climbs do not.

if you're keen for a co driver, they also have a tour class in the rally.
speed limited to 130km
helmet each
neck to wrist to ankle non flammable anything
level 2 speed licence each
awesome.

I did the tour last year for a day as I was navigating for a mate in the SARC on the other day
had an absolute ball!!

if anyone is even slightly interested in any of the above, get on the website and download and read the regs

if anyone wants, pm me for a phone number and I'm always happy to chat about how to get into racing
it is a lot easier and cheaper than you think...

google 2festi if you have a spare minute - the latest in a long line of $200 race cars.. every one a trophy winner
damian

Post by damian »

couple spots left if anyone is keen - pm me if you have questions / need help.

and if you're bored this weekend, would be well worth a look - spectating is free.
Kevin Weeks will be there in his Lambo (mental), Rob Black in his McLaren MP4 (mental), and 2festi will be there piloted by a mate (lots of lols).

Old Willunga Hill from 8.30am this Saturday - best spectating spot is viewing from the "normal" Willunga hill road, park on the side where you see all the cars and watch from the grassy hill.
The start line in the town would also be well worth watching as the cars launch up the hill.
Cars will have 3 passes over the course.

Sunday spectating point - Wickhams Hill on Sunday afternoon - access via Toops Hill Rd (which has a dirt section, but it is "smooth" dirt and not a rough road) to get to the top hairpin.
Cars will have 3 passes over the course.

I'll be driving this, and if anyone wants to drop in at service park at Serifinos winery and say hi, please do! :)