Cruise to Bathurst

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
A112H

Cruise to Bathurst

Post by A112H »

Well, you can't say I didn't give you enough notice on this one.

I am proposing a mass interstate member meet up in Bathurst, NSW
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Bathu ... a=N&tab=wl

As per the link below, the Bathurst Autofest will be running over the March long weekend 8th, 9th & 10th. This is a long weekend for SA, NSW and Vic so we should be able to get a heap of support there for not Only Galants but older Mitubishi's in general.
http://www.autofest.com.au/bathurst/index.php

This event is set to be geld annually over the same long weekend so we could make it a annual thing for Mitsubishi fans too :D
If you are seriously interested please PM me and register your interest along with an email address so you can be kept up to date.
I plan on driving over in the A112, it is only a 2500k round trip so would love a convey from SA and maybe a support vehicle :D
77galantv6

Re: Cruise to Bathurst

Post by 77galantv6 »

I'm in. I wont be able to support you as i'm coming from the other direction though.

You thinking we could have an early Mitsu display/area?
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I'm in! Should definitely have 1; a license! And 2; a galant registered! :P

I'll do something up for the qld mob to meet up and mossy on down... (Might just be me though :think: lol)
N/A ALL THE WAY
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Here we go.

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10607

For the qld members :) hope you don't mind jase/admin?
N/A ALL THE WAY
A112H

Post by A112H »

77galantv6 wrote:I'm in. I wont be able to support you as i'm coming from the other direction though.

You thinking we could have an early Mitsu display/area?
Awesome idea, I will contact them and find out if we can set up a display. Might even know a guy who knows a guy and get a banner made up :D
75glnt wrote:Here we go.

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10607

For the qld members :) hope you don't mind jase/admin?
Nah, go for it. I think if we set up individual state threads it will save this one getting too messy.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Cool :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Awesome idea, but just wondering if this is the right type of meet for our type of cars?

I was thinking the Chryslers on the Murray meet up might be more appropriate?

BTW. I am more then willing to be pointed out how I am wrong here.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

75wagon wrote:Awesome idea, but just wondering if this is the right type of meet for our type of cars?

I was thinking the Chryslers on the Murray meet up might be more appropriate?

BTW. I am more then willing to be pointed out how I am wrong here.

Dave...
WRONG... well, right, but still wrong.

COTM would be good to see and having a whole heap of SG members cars there representing the 4cyl's that they have made other than Valiant's Chargers and all the other stuff there that isn't a 4cyl, etc...
BUT having said that, that is an event/show dedicated to just Chryslers. where as the Autofest is a whole range of cars for all forms of car events.

I am in 2 minds, I would rather go to COTM, but also want to go to Bathurst. hmmm, decisions, decisions.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

A112H

Post by A112H »

My car is a Mitsubishi, was only badged locally as a Chrysler. Pretty sure the people at COTM couldn't give two hoots about Galants.
The proposed event is open to all makes and models.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

So instead being surrounded by Chargers, Pacers and AP's, we'll be covered in Commodore and anything hacked to fit a Buick V6 in it :P

Ithink what we need to do is try and find a 4cyl dedicated/themed car show (like Jambouree)...or as a long shot, organise one....with the 4cyl scene still strong, it could wind up being quite a humble lil show with huge potential (if done right)
Built with pride, Driven in anger
A112H

Post by A112H »

EDIT: :banh:
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

A112H I applaud you for (continuously) having a go and organising something that (quite frankly, I think what this car club should actually have, an annual, national meet up)..believe me, if I had a car built, i'd be the 1st person there!

I certainly don't mean to offend you with my comment but the I see (and I certainly don't expect others to see it the same way) a couple of (unfortunately bad) realities:

1) Sigma-Galant (as a whole) has quite a broad range of cars (Chrysler and Mitsubishi) so it's quite difficult to get this club involved in a manufacturer specific car show (eg, COTM/Mopar Nationals)

2) ALL model specific car shows (almost without exception), there is always a specific model that dominates the shows (Chrysler = Chargers/Pacers/APs), Ford (XY GT's, BA turbos), (its so bad in the Ford ranks that in Vic, there's even a Small Ford car club and annual show), Holden (Commodores)

3) I've found that alot (not all) of these 'generic' (unthemed) car shows like Autofest/Easternats/Springnats/Summernats/UBC etc etc etc, shows tends to bring all the 'backyard and ebay specials'. eg. rusted out volvos with Commodore V6's, VW beetle with a 5L V8 etc.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

So.. I suggest.. We make one! I know we're not the biggest of groups/clubs. But hey! Screw it.. Also if I'm allowed to state.. (Please delete of I'm not :) ). But then we will have something out donations can go toward! :D just a suggestion :)

Sorry to throw it off topic jase :/
N/A ALL THE WAY
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Personally, i'd love to see a single day event that has grudge (drag) racing on the side of a Show 'n' Shine

Who knows, if it were to take off, you could have a 2 day event with Decibel dyno, chassis dyno, drag racing and a small burnout comp (but thats just dreaming)
A112H

Post by A112H »

Seems to me that most of the time getting more than two members cars together at the same time is dreaming.
Lets see how many people are interested in turning up to an event where all they need to do is actually turn up. Then we can think about trying our own event that will require more commitment from members and maybe S-G itself.
Personally if it were up to me I would be looking at somewhere like Mildura as a place to hold an All Mitsubishi Day on a national scale. But the gate is far from open, lets not bolt just yet.
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

I agree A112H.....what we mentioned about starting our event is very ambitious (even from the biggest and most committed clubs)

Shall we start small then???

Why not have a static Show 'n' Shine day at a store that everyone is famliar with (Bunnings,/Autobarn, Burson, Repco, SCA)

I'm not sure about the interstate guys, but in Melb, you can organise a sausage sizzle for local based communities...we could have a 4cyl car show, maybe a $50 cash prize for top 4cyl (as an incentive to keep all the 6's and 8's out the way)

just an idea...nothing more
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

I do have to say that i like the ideas of putting on our own event, but why are we all so "self conscious" (for lack of a better word) of our cars in comparisons to others (brands and types)? at the end of the day we are all car enthusiast and we all like cars, the only difference between us is the brand/type of cars we like. Im not sure about down south but up in Queensland lately i have noticed a lot of events and such that are for everyone and everything, sure there will be some brands ect. that are more prominent but does that really matter?? For example, last sunday i went to a MCM meet here in brisbane, while yes it was obviously dominated by 80's 90's to now imports (skylines, civics, silvias ect) there was also a decent amount of everything else from old holdens and fords to the weird and the wonderful such as a light truck slammed with a rollcage and racing buckets. point is if we all kept to our own communities these things would end up being pretty boring eventually.

for anyone who wants to see this :P
http://vimeo.com/63995907

Anyway thats my 2c, i didnt mean to inturupt, or offend people or whatever

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

75wagon wrote:Awesome idea, but just wondering if this is the right type of meet for our type of cars?
After reading the comments above (the ones that have not been removed anyway), the point I was trying to make is maybe an all Jap car day might be more suited? From what I have seen, the all Jap car days attract show and ordinary cars as well. How many show level cars do members on this site own?
I for one don't want members who would like to attend a meet up, not show up because their cars are not show standard.
My wagon is not show standard in my opinion, yes I have had it in shows, but just local type vintage car meets.
As I said before, if I am wrong go ahead and point it out.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Certainly a fair comment JONO

The thing that ticks me off the most is when u go to a show (easternats or springnats for eg) that caters for everything and everyone, the vast majority of spectators are only interested in the very fastest, loudest and most powerful car out on the track pulling big skids....or the completely hacked up drift pig cable tied together with no effort made to even colour code the repairs.....cars built to have their asses torn out of them.......that's no cruising, that's stupidity.....sometimes careless

Everytime one of these events are on, they bank on the 'big hitters' to be loud and proud and let the rest sort themselves out

If there was a 4cyl dedicated car show....it would be more catered to our needs (sure, the Turbo imports would still dominate in numbers...but its not like being swarmed by 1000HP+ monsters made for a burnout pad
A112H

Post by A112H »

All valid points, leave it with me.
A112H

Post by A112H »

While I am thinking about it, what would we want to see from this meet?
Do we want it to be a mass S-G meet?
Do we want to get the public's attention and therefore attendance?
What would you like to see at the meet/show?

These questions and more will all determine the location and time frame to set up.

My working title is All 4 Jap Day
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I like the sound of the "all 4 jap day". One thing I personally would love is. Something like "held by sigma-galant.com" or the like :) get our name out there with the rest of the world :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Spot-on from A112H and 75 IMO (And I really like the title

I think what to aim for, for now would just be a static show (Show 'n' Shine), or maybe a decibel/chassis dyno comp at most...
I wouldn't want to spend 1,000's of dollars on insurance/maintainance/hire for a drag strip and watch only 30 cars to turn up

(Although I'm not a fan of the program) Facebook would (most likely) be your best bet in forms of advertising the event (at least on a budget)
On a personal note, i'd have a gold coin entry fee for entrants...and maybe a small fee for trade stands (sponsors), then donate the funds to a local charity (would help us getting our name out there too)....maybe if the event took off.....you could try and get the police involved for a street cruise...to try and show the community that he aren't hoons and that there are respectful (and actualy) car enthusiests.....(However, I'm well aware that, that is an over ambitious move for the time being....but's always nice to dream lol)

My 2c
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I can help out with the Facebook adverts :)

There's a swap meet up here on the 2nd June. It started out as nothing and they said they wanted stalls and all that, there's a show n shine. So it's a static meet, swap meet and market. Anyway, after throwing it around on gb. The have over 100 stalls booked and I think the same cars. So a static meet and all that scorpma suggested is great! Do an annual thing for it at the same time and place. I think it would be great..

Now I think we have literally smashed jase' thread! So how about we make a thread yea? :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I would really like to see something on a larger scale in the way of a meet up. Question is, how many would make the effort to meet up?
Everytime the NSW members meet up outside of Sydney, the numbers drop dramatically (eg: Newcastle and Wollongong, which are both within 1.5 hours drive of Sydney).
A112H wrote:My working title is All 4 Jap Day
Are you suggesting hosting an event?
Why not just attend an already existing event like the all Jap days that already exist and people know about and attend?
I'm sure we'll get just as many attend, and we are guarantee plenty of other makes in attendance because they already attend and support this meets.
I'm not saying not to go ahead and start our own event, I'm just suggesting for the first meet or 2 to use a base that already exists to guarantee numbers.
I would be very interested in attending that sort of event, and the best thing is, those meets are held in NSW, Vic, SA and Qld so if the date for one event doesn't work for you, then you could attend the next without having to wait 12 months (I assume this would be an annual thing?).
Simply announcing that it would be a mass meeting point for all members will attract those that are willing to attend such an event, I would think?

Dave...
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Go to already organised events (all jap day, hot 4s jamboree, etc). Then, once we are sure we will gather the members up to do our own. Go for it then. ??
N/A ALL THE WAY
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

On the topic of this thread, my Scorps are both unregistered due to funds so my thoughts are moot, however I personally would not be attending a drive to Bathurst from Adelaide for a single event. My personal commitments, and lack of motivation to drive fourteen hours to park in a paddock would stop me on such a venture. I am sorry Jase.

HOWEVER ! - I would consider (next year when I have saved up) if each states members organised a meeting in their own state, but in such a place as to convenience travellers, then doing a cruise from Adelaide to Gold Coast. This would happen maybe over a week and an half with cruises held in the pm from a local Bunnings to a Pub, or similar for a meal and social event. Yes other similar Marques would be encouraged to join if they wanted too. This no one I know of is doing and this could be the launching pad for a "The Great Australian Cruise", and all it would take is a go getter like yourself in each state to set up. This way accommodation is not a problem as we are not all concentrated in a small town, parts are more readily accessible for those who need them, more locals may attend because of convenience in their own state, and it still has the "EPIC CRUISE" feeling you are looking for. We reverse the direction each year, start in Adelaide next year and go up, then Gold Coast in 2015 and come down.

Just a thought. As always stay safe healthy and happy.

Flashy
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

:stupid: :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

I would even go one step further and suggest that the final cruise (in Qld or SA) would be timed to be part of a bigger event such as AllJapDay or http://www.vintageandclassic.com.au/venues.htm

Example:
Start Adelaide
Day 1 drive to Melbourne
Day 2 breakfast and sightseeing (maybe visit members houses see their projects etc...), evening cruise and social
Day 3 drive to Canberra
Day 4 breakfast and sightseeing (maybe visit members houses see their projects etc...), evening cruise and social
Day 5 drive to Sydney
Day 6 breakfast and sightseeing (maybe visit members houses see their projects etc...), evening cruise and social
Day 7 drive to Coffs Harbour
Day 8 breakfast and sightseeing (maybe visit members houses see their projects etc...), evening cruise and social
Day 9 drive to Gold Coast
Day 10 Local State car event
Day 11 head home or stay and holiday etc...

This way the partners may be able to put up with being stuck in a car for hours on end, if they then get to visit the DFO in Melbourne, Darling Harbour in Sydney, beaches in Coffs etc...

As for expensive accommodation etc... we could billet at members houses, or I would be staying at caravan parks along the way either with a tent in the boot, or the caravan behind :thumpsup:
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Or we can do donations towards the accommodation?
N/A ALL THE WAY