It's time for another NSW cruise...

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
75wagon
Admin

It's time for another NSW cruise...

Post by 75wagon »

It's been way too long since a NSW cruise was last run.

Who's up for an event?
Who's got a suggestion on where and what they want to do?
And when should it happen?

Post away, and if you don't speak up, don't whine when it doesn't suit you...

My wagon is ready to roll whenever, what about yours?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Re: It's time for another NSW cruise...

Post by 75wagon »

Forgot this: Also post up when it shouldn't be.

If you know of a date that clashes with something important, please post it up as well.

And for that matter, if you car isn't that far off running to make the event (whatever form it takes?) post up also, and members can help get you there.

I know I've been hanging out for one for ages...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Let's make this the biggest cruise/meet up of all...

I'm hoping plenty of new members want to get involved in this. It's not just about what you have, it's more about meeting others, and seeing where you want to be.
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

I'm too far away... :(
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

54 views in under an hour, that's not bad.
But not one suggestion :think:

How about another Wiseman's Ferry cruise?
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 37&p=21842
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

im up for it !, im sure 2lgalant will be too :thumpsup:

where ever suits me, im still running the engine in..
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Looks like I'd better start doing some work on the wagon to get it ready. Any Sat or Sun is fine with me as long as I get a few weeks notice so I can plan things around it.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Weekends are difficult for 2lgalant.

Sounds like it's about that time to get some things ready on that wagon C_Fernance

And where are you based yno26galant?
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

im back and forward from parramatta and blacktown
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

yno26galant wrote:im back and forward from parramatta and blacktown
+1 :D

As long as I'm not in Adelaide (or possibly Perth if I trust my GPS)...

Cheers.
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

im keen. silvia is coming down from QLD in early febuary hopefully. good to take her out for a last run before the BRAP BRAP BRAP goes in. i was planning on driving it straight to the workshop to install the 13b, but i know it will be in the work shop for a while, so it will be good to drive it before she goes in :) prob mid feb on wards would suit me. and my days off are wednesday, saturday and sunday, but i can ask for a day off if i get 2 weeks notice. :) DEFINITELY keen though :)
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
sig2L

Post by sig2L »

Im definitely in..... How about we give people heaps of time and make it the weekend of the 9/10th of march?? Sunday probably better for most people. A drive down the coast to Stanwell tops through the national park is always good, maybe down to Scarborough Hotel??
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

Dave, as previously discussed, I'm in.
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

I swear I hate my job :( well if after the cruise to meet up somewhere like Harry's I'm in on that as its after work ill bring the gb up ;)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I'm glad to read we have a few on board :thumpsup:

Obviously I am aiming to get the most I can to attend ('If you build it they will come' is my philosophy).

I would be aiming at the latest start date being approx 2 months away.
I need time to organise exactly what the days' plans are, post times, advertise on multiple sites (to get as much coverage as possible) and most of all, give members that are currently not far off finishing a deadline to work to.

I need as many members as possible to get involved in this.
We need another driving style cruise/meet up, it's been way to long since the last.
Liverpool "Harry's Meet ups are good" but we need to get the not quite so show type cars out as well.

All are welcome.

I don't care if it's bog stock, or a breathe away from a defect. We need people to turn up and show support for the brand.

Get out and drive, have a good time, and meet some good people :thumpsup:
I have been overwhelmed with the responses to these events in the past, and this time I want to break at least 30 cars attending.

I've met some really good people on these events in the past, everyone has been well behaved (so as not to draw negative attention) and everyone has given feedback they have had a good time.

So post up peoples'. If you cant make a certain date, or have a suggestion for a date that clashes with another event, let me know.

The more that have input, the better the event will be, and hopefully more will be in attendance also :thumpsup:

Dave...
BAC013

Post by BAC013 »

Im in for when ever...

I reckon we do a Wisman's Ferry cruise, starting at Parramatta Harry's as the car park is plenty big enough for how ever many cars show up, then head on to Wisman's. The bowling club bistro is pretty good for a nice lunch, if people want to do that.
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

I'm keen but the only problem is I'm not available on any of the Saturday's all the way to the beginning of April and the only Sunday's I'm available are 3rd and 10th of Feb, 3rd and 17th March.
1976 Galant Hardtop
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

sundays would be best for me.. i MaYYYYY have the 13b in if we plan it for mid march and i get my butt into gear, but that is unlikely :s

I'm liking the stanwell tops idea as we've done the wisemans ferry one before.. and i agree Dave. GREAT turn outs, GREAT people and a lot of fun!

Stockers, rolling defects, the more the merrier. :)
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Looks like I'm out on this one by the looks of it only thing I can make is late afternoon or night cruise unless we have a cruise late afternoon head over to Kurnell get a feed at pizza's with muscle not a bad place but will see how it all goes ;)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Just a bit of a bump (reminder).

Still looking for some more suggestions.

My preferred cruise would consist of:
- Sunday's
- Away from traffic or traffic lights as much as possible (to hard to keep the group together, just ends up with everyone being frustrated)
- A simple route, with a good destination that has some good scenery and good driving roads on the way
- Shady area with amenities with good food and coffee
- Not to far out of anyone's way so that as many as possible can attend

I haven't had any problems in the past with rowdy behaviour (burnouts and losers turning up) and I don't expect to have that sort of problem anytime soon.

Dave...
tre04z

Post by tre04z »

I'm in for whatever, where ever no fussing on my part. May not be able to bring the car I want to but everything I own is mitsu or chrysler so it'll definately the right stuff. Wisemans does sound good and yes we are overdue for something somewhere.

I'M IN
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Im keen for an event too.
Sundays are best for me and just not the 23rd (car will be at a rally) or the 31st (Easter).
Wisemans was good, maybe something past windsor along putty road. But no defined end point along here as it loops all the way to Broke and Cessnock...

Or even Windsor Maccas meet, through windsor, over bridge, right onto King Road (towards Sackville), follow around to West Portlands Road, through Lower Portland, to Webbs Creek Ferry.
Cross and stop at Wisemans car park for lunch then cruise back along Old Windsor Road then Wisemans Ferry Road, then Cattai Rd towards Windsor and finish at the Maccas again.
Can give people the opportunity to continue back along Old Northern Road towards Dural if they want to split early or go through Arcadia towards Berowra Waters Rd if they are heading to the F3.....or the cruise route could follow one of these if people dont mind finishing at a different point to start...

Just my 2c and food for thought.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Meet up at Windsor Macca's sounds good to me it's only 10 min away from home.

There is usually a few old school cars that go there for breakfast on most Sunday morning too. One Sunday I went there with the family for breakfast and decided to take the Galant. I followed an early '70's 911 and 356 there, then saw several Aussie and American muscle cars and a Renault Gordini rally car (the one with the engine in the back).

The only car's that were together were the two Porsche's as they were on their way to a German car show.
1976 Galant Hardtop
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

as i said on the Facebook post i want in, im trying to put together a reasons list for me to make a trip down to NSW whenever this happens :P
Put me down as a small possibility, depends on how far away that this is planned and what gets done on my car between now and then (atleast a 5 speed, i dont want to be revving the tits out of the motor with the 3 speed auto for 2500+ klm :lol: )
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Rally_2.6LC wrote:Windsor Maccas meet, through windsor, over bridge, right onto King Road (towards Sackville), follow around to West Portlands Road, through Lower Portland, to Webbs Creek Ferry.
Cross and stop at Wisemans car park for lunch
This sounds pretty good.
I just google mapped it (enter this into google maps 'Windsor, New South Wales McDonalds') and seems like a pretty good route.

I think just finishing the cruise at Wiseman's is far enough, and it's a good point to be able to split off in whatever direction members need to go.
There will be as usual quite a few of us from Newcastle area coming down, so the drive to Windsor itself is a fair haul.

All I need to make this official is a few who agree with the route suggested, a date and a time.

Whenever I set a date, I always try to make it at least 1 month after the original announcement of an upcoming cruise (gives people plenty of time to let others know).
There's still plenty of time to finalise details, I'd like something to be fully sorted by early Feb.
What dates can it not be on in March?

Dave...
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Wisemans will be also good for us that have kids to have a play and there's plenty of bbq's too. As long as it's on one of the dates I have mentioned above then I'll definitely be in.
1976 Galant Hardtop
cbygdt

Post by cbygdt »

Hi Dave, great idea to have a cruise. The Wisemans Ferry deal sounds good. It would be great to get some GTO's along to the gig.
Merv

Post by Merv »

Long time since I've been on,

But I'm keen for a cruise preferably Sunday because I work on Saturdays :(
webby

Post by webby »

Was starting to think I wouldn't have to come up with any more excuses not to come on a cruise... :lol: :lol:
I'm free whenever, so whatever you guys work out is fine by me. Scorp needs a fair bit more work before it's road-ready, so I'll be in the daily '00 Magna wagon.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

It would be great to get some GTO's along to the gig.
So I'm guessing Your bringing your GTO, Tony.

It would also good if we could get at least another GTO along.
1976 Galant Hardtop