Brisbane meet/cruise

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
VGJONO

Brisbane meet/cruise

Post by VGJONO »

So ive seen some other S-G.com meets being planned and taking place in other parts of the country and was wondering if there are any Queensland S-G.com members that would be interested in a meet/cruise sort of thing

Depending on how many people are interested this could be an exclusive S-G.com cruise or it could be a meetup/cruise to an already established car meet like Kosmo's (for those wondering what kosmo's is, its a meet held every saturday night in browns plains, this was the turnout saturday 12th january https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 764&type=1 )

Any QLD members interested?

Cheers
VGJONO
Leeroy

Re: Brisbane meet/cruise

Post by Leeroy »

I would be interested, however my car isn't in a very good cosmetic state at the moment lol
dnvgalant

Post by dnvgalant »

I would be interested too but my GB is still on stands, Once i have it mod plated and registered though will be keen.
martyr

Post by martyr »

Eventually, it's the closest yet but still 6 hrs away
Running dualies
2x 1975 GC 4dr Galants
sigtool

Post by sigtool »

im keen with car ready to go!!

missed this post earlier :(
"Boosted is The Only Way To Live"
<Sigma Turbo No.177 >
<96 Astron Powered Triton>
<81 GJ Scorpion>
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

pick me!! but i wont have a galant ready for at least 6-8 months :( so might rock up in my excel
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Leeroy wrote:I would be interested, however my car isn't in a very good cosmetic state at the moment lol
dnvgalant wrote:I would be interested too but my GB is still on stands, Once i have it mod plated and registered though will be keen.
75glnt wrote:pick me!! but i wont have a galant ready for at least 6-8 months :( so might rock up in my excel
haha fair enough, seems to be alot of sigma's galants ect. in Queensland are all in the Project stages

Anyone have suggestions on what they would like to do? date, locations? anymore qlders lurking around that may be interested that you know of??
martyr

Post by martyr »

End of the year, central Queensland. Cruise
Running dualies
2x 1975 GC 4dr Galants
scorpioncollector

Post by scorpioncollector »

You would be surprised just how many of us are around in the south east on this site.
From north side of Brisbane to the Gold Coast, west towards Boonah/Toowoomba.
And a few more that are not on this site that may be interested.
Try around the same time as a swap meet or car show etc?(as an idea) kill two birds with one stone.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

i like scorpioncollectors idea. drive down to a meet. and drive back?

and im out near boonah. id like to know how many of us are in the se qld area. everyone else i talk to is in nsw, vic, sa and tas. and only 1 in north qld.
id even come along if there were 5 people who showed up! even if there was a donation involved. it'll be good to get a cruise up here :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
scorpioncollector

Post by scorpioncollector »

Had a young gentlemen that is not on this site but soon will be, come and buy some parts today and I mentioned about this topic and he was very interested, replied, "just to let him know". He has just come into ownership of a gh scorpion.
Why I suggested a swap meet? or car show! was for some of us may have a car on club rego.
If it is a car club organised event so I'm lead to believe. If any one can correct me if I'm wrong do so please or inlighten us.
with more details? I wont take offence.
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

I know there are a fair few old mitsu/chrysler guys around, at the local shops i see almost on a daily basis a very clean White Starion Turbo, and ive seen a blue and a green GC Wagon in browns plains.

The swap meet car show idea for the people on club rego is a good idea, im not exactly sure of whats around other than Munchies in Acacia Ridge, Kosmo's at Browns Plains, and one that i havent been to is Harry's old school nights, im pretty sure these are all weekly events that are recognized for club rego, but they run from 6-7PM - 9-10pm and i think Kosmo's is the only one on a weekend so they may be a bit difficult unless we ended a cruise at one of the events like this so the people with club rego can still come out. when it comes to swapmeets and car shows in the brisbane area im lost. ill have a look around into whats coming up in the next few months. anybody know of any?
Jasinex

Post by Jasinex »

My Sigma Gh Se is ready to go :)

I am on the south side of brisbane so very keen for a meet :)
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea we gotta get around in cosmos and munchies! I went to munchies last night and there was one ke80 corolla wagon with a huge set of wheels. Really rough body to. Certainly not a good example. I reckon if some of us got out there often. The others might come out from hiding? I reckon if we do it for a Saturday. Meet up in a few spots gathering the members coming along. Or just meet in one half way point to most members. Cruise to the swap meet/car show, whatever it is. Cruise out to grab afternoon tea. Then hopefully by the time we all get up to browns plains. We could grab a spot at cosmos. All of us in a row :thumpsup:

A few things to consider. Traffic lights will be a bitch! Having to keep us all together we will have to stop and start and root around. IMO I'm not fussed.

Leaving the swap meet/show. Will be a pain. Gathering everyone together so we all can leave together. Possibly a set time would be good.

But in having all these rules. It makes it frustrating for others. But it's a great way to keep it simple and not have any mixups. People getting lost and so on.

Just some things to consider :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

sounds like a good idea :thumpsup:
75glnt wrote: A few things to consider. Traffic lights will be a bitch! Having to keep us all together we will have to stop and start and root around. IMO I'm not fussed.
now ive seen how this is dealt with in cruises, have someone that knows where they are going at the back of the cruise incase it is split up, if the cruise is split by traffic lights said person gets to the front of everyone and then continues on until we meet up again :thumpsup: i'd also imagine having some handheld Cb's would also be useful
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea but if it gets split again? Lol. There's a lot of lights in the browns plains areas let alone acacia ridge and brissy. But handhelds would be a great idea. Or another one is print off say 100 sheets whith the info on how to get there. Hand em out to every car. Then off we go!
N/A ALL THE WAY
dnvgalant

Post by dnvgalant »

This is all sounding promising. Not much to go on my gb now hopefully sometime next month. Has anyone thought about when we could possibly do this. I've got some radios but also access to be able to print a bit of stuff if need be plus I work in mapping. So whoever decides to organise this, let me know and ill help where I can. Very keen.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Lol I'm not sure who's organising it!? Haha me or jono or both :P but I'll have a look when a meet is on that matches up with a Saturday- Saturday night within the next month or 2. Even better. I'll find an event calendar and post dates and we could pick one that suits most/all of us planning on going.
N/A ALL THE WAY
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Shame it's too soon!! All Jap day

http://m.justcars.com.au/event?id=a3faf ... tate%3DQLD

A lot of shows fall on a Sunday. Which means there's no Cosmos or munchies..

Still looking though.
N/A ALL THE WAY
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

there is also a meet being put on by the variance guys on the 24th of march, the whole idea behind their meets are to bring in all forms of cars hence their name. yet again though a sunday, but we could have a meet up earlier and then cruise down there ?

https://www.facebook.com/events/440535936018867/

just an idea
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Sounds perfect jono!! Meet up around 9ish?? Have a chat, look and grab breaky. Up brissy area? So it's a good cruise down to broadbeach Gold Coast. Stay down there until finish. Then cruise back up with either a stop to recap the day and see how we all went. The we all piss off? Or.. We cruise up with members leaving at their exits until we're all gone? I like the meet up in the arvo idea, but some people have work the next day and may want to be home before 6ish?

But I reckon that'll be the one jono :) good find :thumpsup:
N/A ALL THE WAY
dnvgalant

Post by dnvgalant »

Hell yeah, all sounds awesome. Definately gonna get my ass into gear and get the gb ready for that run. Can't wait.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

What ya got left to do dnv? And where are ya? Ya need any parts? Throw me a pm if ya like :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
dnvgalant

Post by dnvgalant »

I live up in bracken ridge but am in remote south australia for the rest of the month. That is my major set back. I have most of the parts I need thanks to scorpcollector. Only parts I need to get it rollin is some new brake rotors (or a machine of the old ones) plus a thermo fan. I also need to get the exhaust I picked of an old ford cut and welded to fit. Then hopefully I can get it rego'd. The hardest bit will be getting the exhaust done cause I can't weld so I have to wait till my mate is available. The rest should hopefully be pretty straight forward. But I am very keen for a cruise so I am gonna get straight into it when I get back.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I can weld. If your mate can't do it in time. I'll just need a few practice runs on scrap to get the feel of it again. But I don't have a welder. Thermos are a piece of cake. And I don't have any spare rotors. Only what's on mine. Which isn't running. So it worst case scenario. I could lend em to ya? I'm pretty sure they're just stock gb ones
N/A ALL THE WAY
dnvgalant

Post by dnvgalant »

Thanks man. Ill keep you in mind if it comes to that. I've got gh scorp fronts but I've found some cheap rotors on ebay I should be able to have by the time I get home. Just need to work out what sized thermo will fit a stock gb radiator. So who else is keen on coming to the variance show on the 24th?
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I've got a 12" on mine. Only just fits in from top to bottom.
N/A ALL THE WAY
Jasinex

Post by Jasinex »

Yeah whatever you guys organize and agree on i will be keen to come along :)
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea it looks like the 24th march guys :) it's a Sunday. We will sit down and work out meet up spots and a route.
N/A ALL THE WAY