Brisbane meet/cruise

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
VGJONO

Re: Brisbane meet/cruise

Post by VGJONO »

Alrighty, so it looks as if everyone thats keeping tabs on this thinks the 24th is good, now i just want to know where would be a good spot to meet up to head down to the coast? obviously since its morning maybe somewhere that we could grab brekky and a coffee would be ideal. any ideas?

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Maccas or hungrys! Big car park. Well, big enough. Lol. And somewhere in the centerish of brissy maybe a little bit further? Makes for a good cruise :) i reckon start at either where munchies or cosmos is held. Cruise down after breaky (keep in mind the cosmos spot has maccas and hungrys). Stay there for the show. Go from Gold Coast up through the hinterlands up to tambourine for tea. Then head down back to where we started for a recap? That's a good highway cruise, and a scenic drive as well as lunch and tea? :D
N/A ALL THE WAY
dnvgalant

Post by dnvgalant »

I'm not sure what everyone would consider centre of brissy but i reckon southside close to the motorway so we don't have to go through toll or convoy through the city. Maybe like cannon hill or something, just a thought. Pretty sure there is a maccas or hjs around there.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Or that :) browns plains is just what I know. It's right near the Logan motorway, straight down the pacific to the show?
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

the only problem with Browns plains is that it may be a little far south for some people, and if we go down the logan motorway it is a pain to get onto the pacific from it, a few traffic lights ect. looking into another possible location at the moment :thumpsup:
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

well im going to double post here
but anyways i think after a quick google search i have found a good candidate for a meet up point
Springwood McDonalds

This first pic is just to show everyone the layout, if the Mcdonalds carpark is too small/already crowded we have a huge carpark right next to it which would most likely be empty at that time of morning considering its a Grog shop

This second image just shows how easy it is to get onto the pacific motorway from the Mcdonalds (green line = road to the motorway)

meaning the entire trip would turn out to be:

another option would be to meet up further south and head through to the coast through the mountains to make for a more enjoyable drive

Let us know what you think :thumpsup:

Cheers
VGJONO
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Or both? I like this meet up point. Just wondering? If we would use both ideas? Down the highway to the cruise. Through the hinterlands back? Best of both worlds? :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Alright made an official thread and stuff. let us know if you are still keen to come along and sorry for the short notice (well with the official thread anyway)

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=10500

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup: