SUMMERNATS

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
GB_BB4C

SUMMERNATS

Post by GB_BB4C »

A couple of mates and I went to Summernats for the weekend. Was a real eye opener, pity about the lack of 4cyl Mitsubishi/Chrysler attendance at the show. Only saw 2 GH Sigma's, a GK Sigma and a GB Galant. All of which had V8's in them.

We left mine at 4am on Wed morning and stopped in Narrandera for the night. left there at 6am in a convoy with the Myers and a few others to head to Summernats. Arrived just after 10am to join the cue to get in (which we finally did just after 1.30pm). Dumped our camping gear and headed off into town to drop a bonnet off for someone and leave the trailer there too. After doing that, headed off to the Shopping mall to get some supplies we had forgotten and head back and setup. Staying with a bunch of people we had all paid money before and had food and drinks on hand for our weekend. (Quarter pizza and drink was $9.. times that by 3 meals a day plus countless other drinks and nibbles, gets very expensive, very quickly).
We went sightseeing as haven't been to the ACT before. So went to parliament house which TV just doesn't do it justice. The place is huge. We could see the smoke from the Guinness record attempt burnout from there and Sat night fireworks when we went back to see it at night. Also went to the War Memorial which was a real eye opener. Cruised to the city on Friday night and seen the cars cruising on the main strip.

Only downer at Summernats was Sat arvo when it just bucketed down out of nowhere. Mate’s gear got wet which sucked.
for the 2492km travelled we had 1 blown headlight globe, 1 dead cat, 2 dead birds and lower half of dad's BA Falcon front bumper no longer attached along with inner guards and stone tray, not to mention the millions of bugs splattered all over the car. Was good to be home just after midnight to get a good night's sleep.

SKIDMA

SIKGMA

EVIL5.7

Chrysler Galant (somewhere there is a GB Galant)

The down pour on the Sat the lasted for an hour or two.

What’s left of the front of dad’s BA XT from the (feral) kitty cat.
Lower front of bumper and grill, inner guards, stone guard, air con condensed and power steer damaged and metal frame behind top half of bumper.

Imprint from one of the birds hitting the window

Besides that, was a very fun and entertaining weekend. Seen a heap of cars, burnouts, chicks, tits, sights, a riot, rain, sunshine, fireworks.

2ANGRY did not have a good weekend. After just getting the car back on the road a couple of days before SummerNats he had left to go get something. On his way back (just around the corner from the entry to the event) it was involved in a pile up.

Before
Yes, that is a ride on mower that was in the trailer that is now in the back of the Territory.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

GB_BB4C

Re: SUMMERNATS

Post by GB_BB4C »

the orange/red one is an SE. the blue/black is a genuine turbo body.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Any idea what sort of motor is in that GB (I imagine it's a sports sedan?)?

I'd heard about the ride-on in the back of the Territory, but that's the first pic I've seen that shows it. Thanks for putting it up :thumpsup:
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

75wagon wrote:Any idea what sort of motor is in that GB (I imagine it's a sports sedan?)?

I'd heard about the ride-on in the back of the Territory, but that's the first pic I've seen that shows it. Thanks for putting it up :thumpsup:
Sorry, cant help you with the info on the GB.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I'm assuming by the rear tail pipe set up, that it's a V something?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
A112H

Post by A112H »

I was thinking maybe Porsche, that would go a long way to explaining the width too.
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

yeah, V8 Twin Turbo thats all i can tell ya.

77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

I was next to 2ANGRY in my Galant when it happened, scared the shit out of me.
Felt so sorry for the bloke and was very gald that i wasnt in that lane (and that the mower didnt come out and collect me).
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

anyone injured???????

(i know its corny but i HAVE to say it) You think the number plate refletcs the Vl driver's emotions???? (i dont blame hime.....i would've absolutely killed him)
Built with pride, Driven in anger
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Well atleast it got judged, won lots of awards and magazine shoot done before that happened..........

Should be in the next street magazine.