S-G site and it's current status

Have a suggestion? Post it here!
geezer101

S-G site and it's current status

Post by geezer101 »

It's a given one- I, like all the current active members, am wondering what is the fate of S-G.com? Through rumours and second guessing I am aware that admin team members are currently predisposed with other issues non related to the site, but we have had no updates in regards to rectifying the format glitches that have plagued S-G for weeks now. In fact, we've had no feedback at all (which is disturbing). Is there an investigation to the faults and when could we hope to see the site returned back to normal? I have no doubt that admin are getting their chops busted over this but the members are the reason this site exists (not to discount that some of those members are also financial backers) and they should rightly expect some action to getting it all up and running properly again. Regards from us all...
Cottees
Admin

Re: S-G site and it's current status

Post by Cottees »

Both 84GKSIG and I (mostly 84GKSIG) have been pushing to get in contact with the site owner to either get them to fix the site, or turn over control to us so we can fix it. Considering members have donated hundreds of dollars to the maintenance of the site, and it is just being left to fall apart, I am recommending who ever has donated via PayPal, try and request a refund. If that doesn't send a clear message, then other action will have to be taken. It would be a shame for this community to fall apart, and 84GKSIG and I are willing to put in the effort to maintain the site correctly.
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

so far its been like trying to squeeze water out of a rock, its gotten no where
Sparkington
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Sparkington »

I like s-g but why it takes long to figure out problems?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

geezer101 wrote:Through rumours and second guessing I am aware that admin team members are currently predisposed with other issues non related to the site, but we have had no updates in regards to rectifying the format glitches that have plagued S-G for weeks now.
I have known about the problems with the site, but unfortunately, I am unable to fix the problem :$

I personally have been having personal problems that I am not going to go into on the internet. That is the reason why my presence has been so light of late (since late Jan).

Only mrd and GC75 have the skills and knowledge to actually fix the problem.
I have messaged both, only GC75 has replied. He has no computer access atm in his current situation, and he cannot fix the problem from his Iphone.
So we are relying on mrd.
geezer101 wrote: Is there an investigation to the faults and when could we hope to see the site returned back to normal?
I wish I could answer that for you.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

75wagon wrote:Only mrd and GC75 have the skills and knowledge to actually fix the problem.
The only skills and knowledge they have that I don't is the login details. If they can't, or wont fix the problem, then let someone that can or will. If GC75 is in a situation at the moment where he can't access a computer, but can access an iPhone, that is more than enough to contact someone that can fix the site, and let them deal with it. That being said, I am more than capable to be able to fix the problems, and so is 84GKSIG. If the site gets any worse, we will start losing visitors, and new members. This would be terrible for the people that have helped this site get as popular as it is, and also to the people that have donated to the site.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Well, I have taken some action. More will be revealed later.

Let's hope it works.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Today I have been working with 84GKSIG to try and return the site to working condition. 84GKSIG has managed to fix up the sign up so we can continue to get new members. I have put in some tweaks to the site's layout so it will look normal. There is still a lot that wont work like avatars and chat, but we are working on trying to find the problem.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Legendary stuff guys! I always sign on manually and did so today - the sign in page looked the same so I gathered no progress. But then I got to the index page :D Keep up the good fight, it looks like you're winning (but not in the Charlie Sheen way either) :thumpsup:
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

So far we have done as much as possible with the current given access, unfortunately to achieve further progress, we will need more permissions to be able to diagnose issues further. :thumpsup:
brendon

Post by brendon »

good job guys on starting to get the site back up on track
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
tubby

Post by tubby »

well done guys. :thumpsup:
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Looks already normal again! great work guys! :thumpsup:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

A big thank you to Cottees and 84GKSIG for giving there time to repair the site :thumpsup:

I have done all I can to give them access to where they need to big able to accomplish this, but unfortunately, more access is needed.
I have not given up trying to get this access available to them, but only time will tell if I will be successful :think:
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Thanks to 75wagon for giving 84 & cottees access to the site. Loading threads are now also back to their normal pace - I was dying waiting for everything to load up! :thumpsup: