69%
No
31%

Total votes: 16

84GKSIG
Admin

Starion section - cast your vote

Post by 84GKSIG »

:thumpsup: starion section :thumpsup: just like the sigma, galant , lancer and scorpion a dedicated section just for the starion whether it be aus or jap spec :thumpsup: old site had it, this new one should too since it gone global :thumpsup: hopefully this section will be a little busier than it was on the old site too

M.B
Last edited by 84GKSIG on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nath76LA

Re: Starion section

Post by Nath76LA »

I agree. One of dad's mates has fairly recently bought one. I can then tell him to join the site.
1976 Galant Hardtop
brendon

Post by brendon »

i think the reason it wasn't brough over cause every posted ended up with go chck out austarion lol
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

The AuStarion website might be better if you could actually sign up to it. I have tried twice, and still can't get an account activated. There might be other people looking for a place to chat about Starions, and S-G could be that place.
brendon

Post by brendon »

i'd like ti here too as it fits the category of old mitsu/chryslers.
i was just giving a potential reason as to why it was removed/not carried across
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
A112H

Post by A112H »

I understand the Scorpion connection but the Lancers and Colts are pushing the boundries but atleast they run the same engines as Sigma's and Galants and now we are talking Starions too. We might aswell change the site to RWD-Mitsubishi.com (H)
The above comment is meant somewhat jokingly but in all honesty we do need to draw a line somewhere. If we don't we will end up with Magna sections and L200 sections and so on.
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

i was thinking a starion section would be a good idea especially if it had a "sigma parts compatibility sticky", ie, brakes, struts, gear box etc, it wouldnt have to be the main focus of the site, just something thats there and informative :think: and the austarion site as cottees mentioned earlier is impossible to sign up to, its like they dont want any other new members. so :thumpsup: to them
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The header on the site does say "Mostly older mitsu's and chryslers". We've got plenty of Lancer fans and they're not being treated like lepers, so IMO Starions are fair subject matter- espesh if Starion owners themselves are being treated like lepers by a site dedicated specifically to their rides...
tubby

Post by tubby »

A112H wrote:I understand the Scorpion connection but the Lancers and Colts are pushing the boundries but atleast they run the same engines as Sigma's and Galants and now we are talking Starions too. We might aswell change the site to RWD-Mitsubishi.com (H)
The above comment is meant somewhat jokingly but in all honesty we do need to draw a line somewhere. If we don't we will end up with Magna sections and L200 sections and so on.
we have quite a few NZ members and over there mitsis came out with 4g63s, Just cos mitsi aus was a bit soft. However we did used to have a misc car section for cordias/l200s/starions and it never really generated much interest. then a few members said it was too cluttered so it was removed. I think it would be a step backward to re-instate it. Starion owners are free to join as well as post questions any of the non model specific technical info sections and I am sure if they introduced themselves as starion owners we would welcome them. we shouldn't make up for other forums being less user friendly. not to mention there are other starion websites, starquest for example.
tubby
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The reference to sharing the same engines is a bit redundant as there's plenty of member's cars who've gone through drivetrain upgrades that weren't factory options. Wasn't so much about the cars themselves but about cross-compatability... :blah:
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

AUSTARION.COM thanks
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I thought there was a push to get more members as well as more international members? Having a Starion section could do just that. Considering the conquest etc has the same engine as our sigmas, there would be plenty of info for them here. I find the 'someone else has done it already, so not going to bother' attitude a little poor. The s-g community is great, so why not try and bring others into it?
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

:stupid: ...well, not stupid actually. :thumpsup:
GC75
Admin

Re: Starion section - cast your vote

Post by GC75 »

ill add it back :thumpsup:

gimme time till im able to use my pc though lol
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
GC75
Admin

Re: Starion section - cast your vote

Post by GC75 »

added it, now do your parts guys and fill it with stuff :)

new section here:
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewforum.php?f=94
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines