What info/ build posts do we need?

Have a suggestion? Post it here!
75wagon
Admin

What info/ build posts do we need?

Post by 75wagon »

Does anyone have suggestions for any info/ builds topics that we need?
We would mainly be looking for the common things such as Astron engine conversion into galant/lancer (already covered, but you get the idea).
If you have an idea for a info/ build topic (whether you can build the topic, have a need for it, or just think it would be a good idea) please add it below. (Just because it has been suggested doesn't automatically mean it will be built).

The other thing we are looking for is for Members who are prepared to put these info/ build topics together. All help possible will be given by the mod team to get this happening.
If you would like to have a go a building a topic that has been suggested then please nominate the topic you would like to build also.

This is all about improving the factual/ practical side of the site, and involving the members who actually use the site. We know there is a lot of knowledge out there amongst our members and we'd like those that can to share some of it with us.

Don't worry if you don't have all the pics to complete the topic, it can be a work in progress and have them added as they become available. Other members are always willing to help, as are the mod team.

Looking forward to all suggestions...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
colta51

Re: What info/ build posts do we need?

Post by colta51 »

i think we need one for auto to manual convertions and drum to disk break too.
(i will be doing drum to disk convertion in the next few months i mite be able to make one for that?)

:thumpsup:
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Bump
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
mrd
God Admin

Post by mrd »

How about some of the simple maintenance tasks for people who are not only new to the site and the community but new to cars as well.. ie: how to change brake pads, how to perform a service check on my car, how to change healight globes, how to tighten the handbrake, how to replace handbrake cable, how to replace accellerator cable, how to change gearbox oil, how to change oil and which oil should I use. etc etc. We could pretty much copy straight out of the service manuals for this it would be easy. If we're going to be a one stop shop, then we may as well cover absolutely everything.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

i love the two ideas about basic matainance thread and a drum to disc brake thread.

Isnt Gaphil doing that brake conversion?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

astronturbo77 wrote:Isnt Gaphil doing that brake conversion?
Yep, here at my place, I'm sure we can take some pics... :thumpsup:
I'm just waiting on an answer on when we are starting it.
I just love working in the smallest garage in the world. New one coming sone :thumpsup: 3 car, and 3 car carport. :facepalm: I'm going to be so broke...

I like the idea of the basic maintenance too.
Anyone want to put their hand up to do them?

Dave...
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

BUMP?
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

I think the DRUM to DISC is a good idea.. Mainly coz I know nothing about how to even start to change it haha.

I am taking pics of each step I do of the complete restoration but is going to take me a llllloooonnnngggg time :) But I have 2 manuals one for COLT, GALANT 74- 78 and the older manual for the GA- GB so I could use information out of them as well. Just let me know what you need :)

GREAT IDEA for the newbies too like me I literally knew nothing about my galant until finding this forum :)

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I'll start work on a VR4 conversion thread tomorrow. After doing it myself I have realised there is a lot of info out there that isn't correct, parts that don't work like they should, and other stuff I just had to figure out for myself.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

bump, anyone interested in helping??
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
A112H

Post by A112H »

I just did the one on heads but I will be documenting everything as it comes together with the hardtop. Should be able to make a write up or three out of it :)