Security questions

Have a suggestion? Post it here!
Shifta2

Security questions

Post by Shifta2 »

Hi guys,

I've finally been able to get on to the forum for 2 days in a row! While it's working, here is a suggestion - for the "login failed" security question, set the question so there is only one possible answer. In the past it asked for the names of the cars in the Site banner which is open to variation: Sigma or Mitsubishi, Chrysler of Galant, Upper Case or Lower Case.I tried a thousand times to answer this question and it never worked. The security question now asks how many cylinders an Astron as. The answer could be 4, Four, or four. There should be no doubt what answer is to allow people to get back into the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Craig
Billsy

Re: Security questions

Post by Billsy »

ive not had a problem in the last few months, and usually check the forums everyday.
Insert witty one liner here -->
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I have tried to replicate the problems you have been having, but can't seem to do it. Can you supply some more info like what browsers you are using, and what version they are?
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

I'm able to get into the forum ok now, but the recent issues have allowed me to see, and have to deal with, the Security question process which needs work, hence my post!
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

has any one else has problems with the sign up or pass word change security question ?
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

Shifta2 wrote:Hi guys,

I've finally been able to get on to the forum for 2 days in a row! While it's working, here is a suggestion - for the "login failed" security question, set the question so there is only one possible answer. In the past it asked for the names of the cars in the Site banner which is open to variation: Sigma or Mitsubishi, Chrysler of Galant, Upper Case or Lower Case.I tried a thousand times to answer this question and it never worked. The security question now asks how many cylinders an Astron as. The answer could be 4, Four, or four. There should be no doubt what answer is to allow people to get back into the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Craig
hey there shifta - ive deleted both those questions and set up a new question and also increased the amount of login attempts to 5 instead of 3

Btw the original question actually asked for the MAKE of the vehicle not the model only possible answers were

Mitsubishi, mitsubishi MITSUBISHI
Chrysler , chrysler and CHRYSLER

any way, no one should have any problems with the new question and if you have issues loging in with more than 5 password attempts i suggest you change your password to something else :thumpsup:
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

security question is getting changed back to what it was due to spam coming in with the changes made :@