anyone used this?

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
75glnt

anyone used this?

Post by 75glnt »

hey guys, wondering if anyones used the crane cams xr3000 ignition on a 4g32 bosch dizzy or the equivelant?

cheers :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
shelbygto

Re: anyone used this?

Post by shelbygto »

i currently have 1 of these on the GTO , works a treat

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XR700-Igniti ... 4abb2d2c7a
1971 GTO 4G32 SATURN DOHC AIII

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

yea, the 3000 is the newest one. more power where needed and all the rest, something like 120% increase. was just wondering a few things on how to put em in. im right now though. so far.. how much better is the xr700 from standard?
N/A ALL THE WAY
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

How did you go with this?
Im looking for an electronic ignition module of some sort. Had a JayCar kit in there for the last 3 years but then my friend accidentally shorted it out when he rewired the car :(
Standard points have been playing up ever since.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

biggest root around!! the shutter that was "supposed" to fit didnt! rang crane's tech and he said file out the centre so it fits in it. its only an insulator for the optical sensor so it fires at the correct time. so it doesnt matter how much is taken out. shit instructions with it, but easy once you figure it out. our galants (bosch dizzy). the ignition module has 6 wires. red yellow and black. positive and negative on coil (red and yellow) sorry, cant remember the order. the black is ground. the other three go to dizzy. i beleive its my wrong doing. also other issues like fuel and timing. but i havent had it fire since. ive heard great things from some drag mates that use these in a big block centura. best system out apparently. when i know. i'll give ya'll a deffinate feedback :)
N/A ALL THE WAY