Basic wiring for LC hatch

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
176bob

Basic wiring for LC hatch

Post by 176bob »

Unfortunately as I get older I seem to get stupider. I have mislaid my basic wiring diagram I made when removing the engine of my LC Hatch with 4G32B engine. I have all wiring looms and have reconnected them but have lost the basic wiring drawing for battery/coil/starter motor/distributor/ballast insulator. My eyes are much too old to read the wiring diagram I have from the manual. Any drawing/diagram would be much appreciated. Thanks, Bob.
176bob

Re: Basic wiring for LC hatch

Post by 176bob »

G'day, Still trying to sort the mess out from the battery. Can anyone please advise, I know positive goes to starter and neg goes to distributor via that ballast resistor(?) but from then until joining with wiring looms in place I am at a loss. Seems easy but I can't seem to find the ignition feed. Any assist appreciated. Thanks, Bob.
gaz914

Post by gaz914 »

Can you take a pic?
What about colours of wires.
My LC has injection now and the battery on the other side - not quite the same but I might remember with some clues.

cheers
Gaz
Race car '72 GA Galant - aka Morgan (here now!)
Road car '73 GB Galant - completely stock and original
2nd car '80 LC Lancer Hatch - 4G54 EFI
176bob

Post by 176bob »

Thanks Gaz, Today I have had a small win and I might be on the right track. I have wksp manuals for Arrow, Celeste etc but finding the exact wiring diagram has been a pain in the rectum. But,today had a win, thanks for your offer of assistance. Much appreciated. Thanks, Bob.