My lesson..

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
mstrrab1992

My lesson..

Post by mstrrab1992 »

I bought a powervox 5600 watt amp off ebay for $65 just for the time being so later on i can afford a more expensive one, got it today, wired it up and it started to smoke. faulty cheap shit!
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
mstrrab1992

Re: My lesson..

Post by mstrrab1992 »

and no smart ass comments.. im not stupid, i know how to wire them up, yes i know negative goes to negative and positive to positive.. im not stupid so no smart ass comments
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
A112H

Post by A112H »

I fyou bought it from a ebay store then I am pretty sure it would be warranted, if you bought if from Joe Bloggs then you are out of $65.
Sure your not colour blind, can you tell the difference between red and black?
A112H

Post by A112H »

Sorry I was helpful for as long as I could be :lol:
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

mstrrab1992 wrote:and no smart ass comments.. im not stupid, i know how to wire them up, yes i know negative goes to negative and positive to positive.. im not stupid so no smart ass comments

Why???
Your really good at them......

And as A112H says, If it was through an ebay shop, send it back!!
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

mstrrab1992 wrote:I bought a powervox 5600 watt amp off ebay for $65....
That was all the reason you needed to send it back. 2x20 fuses so it can draw a max of 40 amps. At 12 volts, thats 480watts. No where near 5600, or even 560W "RMS".
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

bruggz351 wrote:
mstrrab1992 wrote:and no smart ass comments.. im not stupid, i know how to wire them up, yes i know negative goes to negative and positive to positive.. im not stupid so no smart ass comments

Why???
Your really good at them......

And as A112H says, If it was through an ebay shop, send it back!!
cuz im young and need to grow up, lol..

And yes yes i will send it back, im gonna get myself a better brand next time, fusion,alpine,kenwood,pioneer?
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

"A new, poor quality tool is no match for a good quality second hand tool" - it's relevant statement for most things. You may be out of luck with returning it if they stipulate "must be installed by a qualified technician" Cut your losses and find a good brand name second hand amp. Do some research before you buy (e.g. I bought an old school Phillips XP640 DAP amp for $65, the DAP indicates it was designed by Alpine) Same goes for speakers, Jaycar Response speakers are repackaged Alpine 'S' drive speakers (not sure if they still are but when I bought my last pair this was the case - they didn't even bother to change the model numbers)
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

mstrrab1992 wrote:cuz im young and need to grow up
& a good mentor will throw a lot of sarcasm straight back if you dish it out ;-)

Back on topic, as geezer mentioned, Jaycar stuff is the go when your on a budget.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jaycar-Respo ... 3cbe366688
As an example.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

i have 2 1500 watt subs =\
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

score! i have been refunded my entire $65!! and still get to keep the faulty amplifier!
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

I agree with 81GL about the Jaycar stuff. My paertner and I run a Car Audio business and we use Jaycar quite alot for second hand car yard clients. Generally they want something second hand but we wont warranty it. Have since convinced them to use the Jaycar branded equip and haven't had a single one come back!! Seems to be pretty good quality and the guys there always know what they are talking about!!

If your looking for a brand name, there are also 'sales' pages on the different branded websites. Most of the time it's old stock that has been sent back to manufacturer or it's Refurb equip that has a small manufacturers warranty which is still as good as new (my 2500 head unit cost 450 and runs perfectly). Just a few ideas for you anyways!!

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Tell me that this is factory??
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

I can see at least 20 joins that have been done post factory, excluding those god awful attempts in the middle of the board. I've seen home repairs that run rings around this :o
woops

Post by woops »

geezer101 wrote: Same goes for speakers, Jaycar Response speakers are repackaged Alpine 'S' drive speakers (not sure if they still are but when I bought my last pair this was the case - they didn't even bother to change the model numbers)
I'd have to agree with this too. I got some jaycar Venom brand 6x9's and 6 inch splits for under $100 to be powered from a simple pioneer head deck and i can not fault them for the price. If you bourght some more name brand speakers you wouldn't even get a pair of speakers for that price and they would barely be up to the same quality. The Jaycar branded car audio have been loved by most of the informed car audio mags for the bang for buck factor in pretty much all of their tests. It's only the all show no go magazines that recomended the other more name brand products and that was without any real tests and usually excluded the Jaycar ones completely.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Shitjas31

Post by Shitjas31 »

:facepalm:
1986 GN Sigma 'high roof' station wagon.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Jaycar speakers are amazing lol I have a set of the response 6x9s the Kevlar ones and holy cow how many people think I have a sub in the gc seriously there's no need for a sub just 6s in the front 6x9s in the rear and a good amp and you have real good clear sound with ample bass without blowing your ear drums
SIKMA

Post by SIKMA »

You should maybe try to distance yourself from mainstream and get into the high end scene. Audio is cheap nowadays considering the economy
1992 Toyota Cressida Grande - 2jzgte + Garrett GT35r, BPU mods
1985 Mazda RX7 - 12A Rotary
1985 Nissan Bluebird TRX - CA20S