GJ audio wire help.

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
Astrolux

GJ audio wire help.

Post by Astrolux »

Hey all. wondering if i could get some help.
im in the process of putting a cd player in my gj sigma. thing is i cant find any diagrams to help me.
what ive found so far is two yellow and black and two blacks which go to the speakers in the side doors.
the other ones im not sure of. i have a thick light blue and white one, and a thin light blue and white one.
two green and blacks, a red and black and i think... another black one. not sure.
but if anyone knows you would be doing me a great favour. thank you :D
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
tubby

Re: GJ audio wire help.

Post by tubby »

the thick blue one if it has a white stripe is your positive, get a ground wire an attach it to the metal bracket that attaches the dash to the transmission tunnel. If you are installing a newer head unit with a memory back up power (these are usually yellow from memory) you will need to run a wire from your fuse block with constant current, hazard light fuse has been my choice in the past. It would be worth putting a 25ish amp fuse on this wire, and run new speaker wires to your speakers. oh almost forgot, disconnect your battery before the install of the power cables. If you don't refer to post in elecrical/audio called "my lesson..." :lol:
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

ahh thanks man! big help haha. yes, i have learnt to disconnect the battery from past experiences :P
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
foxpsi

Post by foxpsi »

if you don't have a wiring diagram a test light is a most useful tool for finding power acc ground and illumination feeds in any car.
It's four and a half hammers across!!!