4G63 L200 Mystery unit.. Ignition trigger???

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
L200W3RK5

4G63 L200 Mystery unit.. Ignition trigger???

Post by L200W3RK5 »

Gday people, after getting my license back after 4 years (i have a serious Suzuki RGV problem) i picked my old ute up off my mates property and its looking a bit sad :(

not for long.... but my main problem is im not getting a spark from the coil. ive replaced the Ignition module and coil, both new and still nothing. even a hot wire, no spark. Im getting all accs, stereo, starter all cranking but no damn spark
:facepalm:

i have a workshop chassis manual for a MA '79 which does help but mines a 85 MD which has the 4G63 sirrus which the MA didnt have. hence the wiring diag would be slightly different..??

BUT... i think i just found the weak link, alas i dont know what it is:

This is wired coming from the neg on the coil, the other to the ignition module and the unit itself is earthed

The dizzy is the electric type, screw-on cap, early 4G63 starion/scorpian.

Im hoping that ive found the problem, but i need to know what im asking for when i go to bursons on monday morning

Cheers! :thumpsup:
A112H

Re: 4G63 L200 Mystery unit.. Ignition trigger???

Post by A112H »

I have no idea what it is but take it into Burson's with you. They get paid to sort that shit out, lol
L200W3RK5

Post by L200W3RK5 »

Turns out it was a adjustable rectifier, and i dont need it. new battery and fuel and shes kickn again 8o|
il get some flics up in a month or two with the paint and new rims.

i noticed theres a bit of distain here for the ol L200s which i dont get.
Ive had mitsis most of my life and when i seen this for sale i was like F#CK YEAH - sigma ute!!!

(doesnt beat a Gallant GA/GB/GD/GTO coupe tho)
Cheers mate!
:thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
How can you not love the taste of blood and diff oil?
A112H

Post by A112H »

I love the L200's, I have had 2 over the years. If I had another I would go GE SE front end I think :)