Prob getting car to start.?ECU

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
leoca64

Prob getting car to start.?ECU

Post by leoca64 »

Last Thurs did a compression check on the engine in the Lancer .(Its a 2.6 with TS ECU all Magna )
Now unable to get her started ...thought it was a dud battery but no.
We are getting no pulses to the coil...but control relay and pumps are OK.He says the dissy is getting a pulse out.

Is it worth replacing the transister or power unit on the side of the coil first..have some from a TR ..Is that the 3 pin thing and 2 pin thing nounted on it?.

Cheers
Tomica93

Re: Prob getting car to start.?ECU

Post by Tomica93 »

check just that thing with 3pins, clean pins and connect it again, maybe it will work, if not you will need that thing new
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

thanks .......I have so far replaced

transistor
ecu
going to try with a new dissy in the morning
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

Tried wwith a replacement dissy that day.Still no good .

Had to get a autoelectrician and we found it was the coil in the end and so after all this i replaced the coil today .$75 for the cheapest new.Still not Bosh $130!
Now we know that she was running a bit sick now .Its only idling at 600 rpm and it doesn't matter how much throttle I give her it doesn't rev at all????>

what can it be?.
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

Still got this problem!!!! :(

Is it the timing maybe out.
ddt

Post by ddt »

you mean it's running worse than before you had to replace the coil? Are you sure you have the right coil in there? It might not be outputing enough volts if it struggles to rev from idle..
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

I mean that when we had the auto elect over, we installed a spare coil i had lying around (it was off a diffent magna and had a differnt pin connection set up)...and this got the car running ...so the problem was the coil.
BUT then the car idle not well as described .
Then I bought a brand new one for a magna (had to fit it in the stock coil frame ) and it runs the same (i.e. as with that spare in )

I changed the dissy before doing this...secondhandy...maybe put the original one back in?.Thanks
foxpsi

Post by foxpsi »

did you change the dizzy ? if so it could be no lined up correctly or the timming could be out ???
It's four and a half hammers across!!!
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

Yep that was the problem.
Thanks - so solved
I think I was using the sigma manual when i should have used the magna manual when reinstalling the dissy.
However even with the magna gregorys it was still about a tooth out in the end even when it was followed so go figure!.

Was good to drive her again after about 10 weeks!...easier than my Mazda.