Headlamp replacement LC Lancer

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
176bob

Headlamp replacement LC Lancer

Post by 176bob »

I have been trying to replace the headlights (rectangular)on my LC Lancer. I am finding it difficult, if not bloody impossible,to find sealed beams or otherwise that come with the lugs attached for adjustment/attachment etc. Any info appreciated. Thanks Bob.
75wagon
Admin

Re: Headlamp replacement LC Lancer

Post by 75wagon »

There has been a few topics on this.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&p=61233&

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 96&p=12566

What year is your hatch? It think the way it goes is, if it's a 1980 or newer then H4 replacements are easy. If it's a 1979 model then not quite as easy?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
176bob

Post by 176bob »

Thanks Dave, I have read the topics and tried the couple of web sites but to no avail. My car is 4/80 and has sealed beams that incorporate the adjustment/retaining lugs as part of the headlight itself. I thought about the Hella option but that wouldn't really solve the problem without major surgery. Perhaps cutting the originals up and attaching the appropriate parts is the answer? Anyway, much thanks for any info. Onya Bob.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

176bob wrote:I have been trying to replace the headlights (rectangular)on my LC Lancer. I am finding it difficult, if not bloody impossible,to find sealed beams or otherwise that come with the lugs attached for adjustment/attachment etc. Any info appreciated. Thanks Bob.
Have a go at modifying your old headlights if you're game- look up my headlight conversion thread. I've got no idea how to make a direct link to the topic though... :ban:
176bob

Post by 176bob »

Gotcha Geezer thanks, I am a bit of a geezer myself (67yo)and I don't have to necessary skill to go the way of your thread but I really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks, Bob.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Neither do I Bob! LOL- but it really wasn't that hard. I managed to bang up a headlight for the wife's scooter on my first go without any technical resources. Had an old soldering iron, a cheap hobby die grinder and a permanent marker. If your headlight is already toast you don't have anything to lose. Hope the instructions are easy enough to follow.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

H4 replacement light fittings are $20 each minus the price of the globes.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
176bob

Post by 176bob »

Thanks fellas, I'll let you know the results when I finally get around to having a go. I have the car totally stripped at the moment and will begin assembly soon. When I get to the headlights is when the shit will hit the fan, but, I'm sure I'll get there. Thanks again, Bob.