HELP my headlights wont work.

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
tubby

HELP my headlights wont work.

Post by tubby »

Yeah I just jumped into my car and my headlights wont come on, how do i check the switch.
Is there a fuse that i can check thats not on the fuse panel? Oh BTW my car is a '80 scorp.
thanx tubz
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
DragonCypher

Re: HELP my headlights wont work.

Post by DragonCypher »

Have you checked to make sure the car has headlights installed? :geek:

But seriously there is a relay type plug thing in the top corner of the engine bay right behind the driver side headlight.. if someone was playing around it could have been bumped

I managed to rip mine out when removing the radiator and and air con condensor.
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

tubby

Post by tubby »

None of the lights work at all, the tail lights, head lights or dash lights. I pulled my dash apart to re-cover it I might have bumped something but I dont wanna take it all apart I want someone to narrow it down for me.
thanx
camB

Post by camB »

The dash, tail and front side lights are all on the one fuse - I'd check that. I assume you've tried a different fuse or shorting across it?
tubby

Post by tubby »

There is no power to that fuse at all, I diconnected the dimmer switch when I took m dash apart and it says in the astralian manual if the dimmer switch has had it it will stop your lights. Is there any way to bypass it or check it?
thanx
tubby

Post by tubby »

FIXED, Took the car to auto electrician, the douchebag who owned the car afore me put a sealed beam headlight where he should have put a changeable globe and the wirings different and meltafied some of my wires over time...
Just unlucky that they should stop working after I was fiddling with stuff...dang only cost me $50 tho...
thanx tubz